The ArgusJones will play key role, says new Albion boss (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Jones will play key role, says new Albion boss

The Argus: This was the scene at Albion's training ground today as Sami Hyypia spoke to the media This was the scene at Albion's training ground today as Sami Hyypia spoke to the media

Albion boss Sami Hyypia has highlighted the part Nathan Jones can play next season.

Hyypia has yet to appoint any coaches or assistants after agreeing a three-year contract last Friday.

But Jones, who was brought in to assist Oscar Garcia last season, will be on board as first team coach.

Hyypia said: “I need to get to know the people here. I've met Nathan Jones already and I liked what he said.

“He's very professional, his knowledge about football is good and he will work hard for the cause.

“We need a few other people in backroom staff but I'm not in a hurry. There are a lot of good coaches at the club already to help us in the first weeks.”

Hyypia will take time before making off-pitch appointments.

He added: "In Germany the situation is a bit different to England.

"I dont have my own troops, let's say, so I need to find a few good guys who can improve me because I'm still new in this profession.

"I like to have someone who will improve me and question everything I decide."

Comments (26)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:29pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Hovite says...

Excellent, that will upset a few people. Ha haha
Excellent, that will upset a few people. Ha haha Hovite
  • Score: 7

6:41pm Thu 12 Jun 14

JeffLomer says...

I'm more than happy that Nathan Jones will remain with Brighton as a coach, he is obviously well liked and good at his jib by the men upstairs, if he wasn't he wouldn't off been kept on by the club,

Many on here won't agree but there have to get used to it because he is not going anywhere in the near future, I wait with a open mind to the negative posters about Jones, looks like Jones 1 negative posters 0
up the Albion !!!!
I'm more than happy that Nathan Jones will remain with Brighton as a coach, he is obviously well liked and good at his jib by the men upstairs, if he wasn't he wouldn't off been kept on by the club, Many on here won't agree but there have to get used to it because he is not going anywhere in the near future, I wait with a open mind to the negative posters about Jones, looks like Jones 1 negative posters 0 up the Albion !!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 18

6:45pm Thu 12 Jun 14

VegasSeagull says...

Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different.

With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good.

Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster.

Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.
Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different. With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good. Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster. Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 11

6:50pm Thu 12 Jun 14

JeffLomer says...

meant to say job not jib apologies!!!!
meant to say job not jib apologies!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: -4

7:07pm Thu 12 Jun 14

gozogull says...

I think I'm going to like this guy.
Down to earth approach and no BS
I think I'm going to like this guy. Down to earth approach and no BS gozogull
  • Score: 17

7:10pm Thu 12 Jun 14

JeffLomer says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different.

With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good.

Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster.

Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.
Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though,

We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!!
Up the Albion!!!!
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different. With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good. Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster. Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.[/p][/quote]Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though, We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!! Up the Albion!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 3

7:26pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Cap'n Pugwash says...

JeffLomer wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different.

With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good.

Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster.

Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.
Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though,

We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Maybe we didn't get anybody from Barcelona/Haifa or elsewhere because Oscar may have known for a long time that he was off at the end of the season come what may? Looking back, apart from a handful of games he never really looked enthused about much did he? Not slagging him off, it's merely my observations and take on things. There was also the consideration of moving to England as a loanee which wouldn't have excited too many players of any age would it?
I'm pretty confident that if we need some loans bought in then Sami will influence decisions more than Oscar simply because he is still well known, respected and liked throughout the game.We'll have to sit back and wait to see what happens...
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different. With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good. Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster. Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.[/p][/quote]Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though, We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!! Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]Maybe we didn't get anybody from Barcelona/Haifa or elsewhere because Oscar may have known for a long time that he was off at the end of the season come what may? Looking back, apart from a handful of games he never really looked enthused about much did he? Not slagging him off, it's merely my observations and take on things. There was also the consideration of moving to England as a loanee which wouldn't have excited too many players of any age would it? I'm pretty confident that if we need some loans bought in then Sami will influence decisions more than Oscar simply because he is still well known, respected and liked throughout the game.We'll have to sit back and wait to see what happens... Cap'n Pugwash
  • Score: 1

7:43pm Thu 12 Jun 14

VegasSeagull says...

JeffLomer wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different.

With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good.

Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster.

Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.
Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though,

We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Hi Jeff.
It might be that none of those we borrow come from Liverpool, but our chances of getting a little help from that corner is greater today than it was last season, and it may be the same for other top clubs.
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different. With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good. Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster. Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.[/p][/quote]Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though, We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!! Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]Hi Jeff. It might be that none of those we borrow come from Liverpool, but our chances of getting a little help from that corner is greater today than it was last season, and it may be the same for other top clubs. VegasSeagull
  • Score: -1

7:48pm Thu 12 Jun 14

JeffLomer says...

Cap'n Pugwash wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different.

With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good.

Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster.

Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.
Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though,

We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Maybe we didn't get anybody from Barcelona/Haifa or elsewhere because Oscar may have known for a long time that he was off at the end of the season come what may? Looking back, apart from a handful of games he never really looked enthused about much did he? Not slagging him off, it's merely my observations and take on things. There was also the consideration of moving to England as a loanee which wouldn't have excited too many players of any age would it?
I'm pretty confident that if we need some loans bought in then Sami will influence decisions more than Oscar simply because he is still well known, respected and liked throughout the game.We'll have to sit back and wait to see what happens...
Like you say captain at the end off your post, sit back and wait and see what happens, best we do that because we all like to speculate who's coming in, and none us actually have a clue,
Up the Albion!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Cap'n Pugwash[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different. With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good. Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster. Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.[/p][/quote]Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though, We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!! Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]Maybe we didn't get anybody from Barcelona/Haifa or elsewhere because Oscar may have known for a long time that he was off at the end of the season come what may? Looking back, apart from a handful of games he never really looked enthused about much did he? Not slagging him off, it's merely my observations and take on things. There was also the consideration of moving to England as a loanee which wouldn't have excited too many players of any age would it? I'm pretty confident that if we need some loans bought in then Sami will influence decisions more than Oscar simply because he is still well known, respected and liked throughout the game.We'll have to sit back and wait to see what happens...[/p][/quote]Like you say captain at the end off your post, sit back and wait and see what happens, best we do that because we all like to speculate who's coming in, and none us actually have a clue, Up the Albion!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: -3

7:59pm Thu 12 Jun 14

VegasSeagull says...

Do you guys think that there is any chance of Lingard signing on loan for a year? I know some were not over impressed with the lad but I liked what I saw of him, in truth that was not a lot, but the general written reports were quite good. This is at least a lad who has shown he can score goals in our division.
Do you guys think that there is any chance of Lingard signing on loan for a year? I know some were not over impressed with the lad but I liked what I saw of him, in truth that was not a lot, but the general written reports were quite good. This is at least a lad who has shown he can score goals in our division. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 2

8:44pm Thu 12 Jun 14

OldGull says...

Glad to hear Sammi being positive about NJ
Beginning to feel very positive about the coming season.
Exciting times ahead.

Now going to settle down and watch the Brasil match
Glad to hear Sammi being positive about NJ Beginning to feel very positive about the coming season. Exciting times ahead. Now going to settle down and watch the Brasil match OldGull
  • Score: 6

8:55pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Ellen Street says...

Lingard.The ability to go past defenders at pace,to turn on a sixpence... to get into the penalty area...to shoot...to score! Not quite Lingard.If he shot and scored,it must be Peter Ward.Down on your knees and be thankful if you saw it.
Lingard.The ability to go past defenders at pace,to turn on a sixpence... to get into the penalty area...to shoot...to score! Not quite Lingard.If he shot and scored,it must be Peter Ward.Down on your knees and be thankful if you saw it. Ellen Street
  • Score: -3

9:38pm Thu 12 Jun 14

ringtone says...

Sammis got it right.

Nathans duties will include locking the changing rooms.

So hopefully no repeat of poogate.
Sammis got it right. Nathans duties will include locking the changing rooms. So hopefully no repeat of poogate. ringtone
  • Score: -11

9:39pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Withdean-er says...

Good. Hyppia doing it his way. He wouldn't have an inkling that on the Argus website and elsewhere there are some bizarre Nathan Jones haters (jealous of his position / status / £), nor would Hyppia care if he knew.

Should Hyppia find down the line that NJ or anyone else simply isn't up to their role, he will deal with that professionally and confidentially with the Board.
Good. Hyppia doing it his way. He wouldn't have an inkling that on the Argus website and elsewhere there are some bizarre Nathan Jones haters (jealous of his position / status / £), nor would Hyppia care if he knew. Should Hyppia find down the line that NJ or anyone else simply isn't up to their role, he will deal with that professionally and confidentially with the Board. Withdean-er
  • Score: 6

9:46pm Thu 12 Jun 14

ringtone says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different.

With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good.

Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster.

Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.
Will you please stop seeing the positive in every little thing.

Less is More, Vegas

Mind you, when i see all the food you yanks put on your plates that might be a very difficult concept for you to understand.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different. With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good. Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster. Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.[/p][/quote]Will you please stop seeing the positive in every little thing. Less is More, Vegas Mind you, when i see all the food you yanks put on your plates that might be a very difficult concept for you to understand. ringtone
  • Score: -7

9:53pm Thu 12 Jun 14

ringtone says...

OldGull wrote:
Glad to hear Sammi being positive about NJ
Beginning to feel very positive about the coming season.
Exciting times ahead.

Now going to settle down and watch the Brasil match
Settle down for some spelling revision might be the better idea.
[quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: Glad to hear Sammi being positive about NJ Beginning to feel very positive about the coming season. Exciting times ahead. Now going to settle down and watch the Brasil match[/p][/quote]Settle down for some spelling revision might be the better idea. ringtone
  • Score: 1

9:57pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Cockwomble says...

ringtone wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different.

With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good.

Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster.

Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.
Will you please stop seeing the positive in every little thing.

Less is More, Vegas

Mind you, when i see all the food you yanks put on your plates that might be a very difficult concept for you to understand.
little bit of negative stereotypin.poor.coc
kwomble
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different. With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good. Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster. Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.[/p][/quote]Will you please stop seeing the positive in every little thing. Less is More, Vegas Mind you, when i see all the food you yanks put on your plates that might be a very difficult concept for you to understand.[/p][/quote]little bit of negative stereotypin.poor.coc kwomble Cockwomble
  • Score: 1

4:50am Fri 13 Jun 14

namgo49 says...

Why the hell would Liverpool help us out. We got shot of the manager's son!!
Why the hell would Liverpool help us out. We got shot of the manager's son!! namgo49
  • Score: 0

7:47am Fri 13 Jun 14

Singing Seagull, Indonesia says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different.

With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good.

Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster.

Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.
Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though,

We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Hi Jeff.
It might be that none of those we borrow come from Liverpool, but our chances of getting a little help from that corner is greater today than it was last season, and it may be the same for other top clubs.
Hi Vegas. I agree we may well be in a better position to attract good loanees from the "bigger" clubs this season and in future. I think that isn't just down to respect in the game for Hyypia though, but will be a consequence of the ever strengthening set up at the Albion. All our new facilities will make the Albion a very attractive option for those clubs looking to give their rising stars a good run out at a great ground with big gate numbers, fantastic training facilities, great medical back up etc etc. We are indeed now a Premiership set up playing in a near Premiership league. Where better for the big boys to blood some of their hot prospects??

Feeling good about next season already. Bring it on!!
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different. With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good. Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster. Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.[/p][/quote]Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though, We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!! Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]Hi Jeff. It might be that none of those we borrow come from Liverpool, but our chances of getting a little help from that corner is greater today than it was last season, and it may be the same for other top clubs.[/p][/quote]Hi Vegas. I agree we may well be in a better position to attract good loanees from the "bigger" clubs this season and in future. I think that isn't just down to respect in the game for Hyypia though, but will be a consequence of the ever strengthening set up at the Albion. All our new facilities will make the Albion a very attractive option for those clubs looking to give their rising stars a good run out at a great ground with big gate numbers, fantastic training facilities, great medical back up etc etc. We are indeed now a Premiership set up playing in a near Premiership league. Where better for the big boys to blood some of their hot prospects?? Feeling good about next season already. Bring it on!! Singing Seagull, Indonesia
  • Score: 5

8:08am Fri 13 Jun 14

Ellen Street says...

Ellen Street wrote:
Lingard.The ability to go past defenders at pace,to turn on a sixpence... to get into the penalty area...to shoot...to score! Not quite Lingard.If he shot and scored,it must be Peter Ward.Down on your knees and be thankful if you saw it.
Jesse Lingard arrived with a lot of justifiable hype regarding his goal-scoring ability.He has many good qualities and may well develop into a superstar.I hope he returns on loan.However,there were a number of important games when he was in great positions and contrived to miss.These misses were often at times which would have turned the game in our favour so were very costly.In the end he managed just 3 goals in blue and white stripes..On our way to the top flight Wardy was lethal (he hit more than 80 Albion goals).Great football clubs always appreciate and never forget the brilliance of their legendary players.
[quote][p][bold]Ellen Street[/bold] wrote: Lingard.The ability to go past defenders at pace,to turn on a sixpence... to get into the penalty area...to shoot...to score! Not quite Lingard.If he shot and scored,it must be Peter Ward.Down on your knees and be thankful if you saw it.[/p][/quote]Jesse Lingard arrived with a lot of justifiable hype regarding his goal-scoring ability.He has many good qualities and may well develop into a superstar.I hope he returns on loan.However,there were a number of important games when he was in great positions and contrived to miss.These misses were often at times which would have turned the game in our favour so were very costly.In the end he managed just 3 goals in blue and white stripes..On our way to the top flight Wardy was lethal (he hit more than 80 Albion goals).Great football clubs always appreciate and never forget the brilliance of their legendary players. Ellen Street
  • Score: 3

8:47am Fri 13 Jun 14

Claude Back says...

JeffLomer wrote:
Cap'n Pugwash wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different.

With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good.

Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster.

Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.
Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though,

We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Maybe we didn't get anybody from Barcelona/Haifa or elsewhere because Oscar may have known for a long time that he was off at the end of the season come what may? Looking back, apart from a handful of games he never really looked enthused about much did he? Not slagging him off, it's merely my observations and take on things. There was also the consideration of moving to England as a loanee which wouldn't have excited too many players of any age would it?
I'm pretty confident that if we need some loans bought in then Sami will influence decisions more than Oscar simply because he is still well known, respected and liked throughout the game.We'll have to sit back and wait to see what happens...
Like you say captain at the end off your post, sit back and wait and see what happens, best we do that because we all like to speculate who's coming in, and none us actually have a clue,
Up the Albion!!!!
You certainly haven't !
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cap'n Pugwash[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different. With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good. Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster. Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.[/p][/quote]Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though, We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!! Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]Maybe we didn't get anybody from Barcelona/Haifa or elsewhere because Oscar may have known for a long time that he was off at the end of the season come what may? Looking back, apart from a handful of games he never really looked enthused about much did he? Not slagging him off, it's merely my observations and take on things. There was also the consideration of moving to England as a loanee which wouldn't have excited too many players of any age would it? I'm pretty confident that if we need some loans bought in then Sami will influence decisions more than Oscar simply because he is still well known, respected and liked throughout the game.We'll have to sit back and wait to see what happens...[/p][/quote]Like you say captain at the end off your post, sit back and wait and see what happens, best we do that because we all like to speculate who's coming in, and none us actually have a clue, Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]You certainly haven't ! Claude Back
  • Score: 0

10:53am Fri 13 Jun 14

JeffLomer says...

Claude Back wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Cap'n Pugwash wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different.

With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good.

Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster.

Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.
Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though,

We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Maybe we didn't get anybody from Barcelona/Haifa or elsewhere because Oscar may have known for a long time that he was off at the end of the season come what may? Looking back, apart from a handful of games he never really looked enthused about much did he? Not slagging him off, it's merely my observations and take on things. There was also the consideration of moving to England as a loanee which wouldn't have excited too many players of any age would it?
I'm pretty confident that if we need some loans bought in then Sami will influence decisions more than Oscar simply because he is still well known, respected and liked throughout the game.We'll have to sit back and wait to see what happens...
Like you say captain at the end off your post, sit back and wait and see what happens, best we do that because we all like to speculate who's coming in, and none us actually have a clue,
Up the Albion!!!!
You certainly haven't !
Your right Claudette I have not got a clue what players were bringing in, have you, at least I don't get my kicks out off abusing fellow Brighton fans on here like you do, you clown!!
Up the Albion!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Claude Back[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cap'n Pugwash[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Loan players will be coming in, no surprises they as they do every season, but this coming season might see slightly different. With Hyypia being so well like and respected by his peers, the annoying condition of, 'he must play X number of matches,' might go away, I do hope so. I guess it's fair to say that this condition only applied to Lingard, but he had talent, and I would hope that our new loanees are as good or better, but we don't need restrictions placed on Sami just because the loanee is good. Another point about who we might borrow is that, our options might have increased with the arrival of Sami. We have already had press reports of a possible close tie to Liverpool, but there could be other clubs too, and our new facility should help. Arsenal might be looking at Walton but Wenger could also see us as a good destination for one or two of his players, if we can bring Walton on for ourselves, maybe we could do the same for a Gunner's youngster. Hyypia's appointment could turn out to be a stroke of genius by Bloom.[/p][/quote]Hi Vegas the way I see is if we do get players from Liverpool on loan I would call that a bonus, to be honest though just because he has links does not guarantee they will do us any favours would be nice though, We had the same when Oscar arrived with his links but didn't see any arrive from Barcelona, I would rather see at least five permanent deals and a couple on season long loans!! Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]Maybe we didn't get anybody from Barcelona/Haifa or elsewhere because Oscar may have known for a long time that he was off at the end of the season come what may? Looking back, apart from a handful of games he never really looked enthused about much did he? Not slagging him off, it's merely my observations and take on things. There was also the consideration of moving to England as a loanee which wouldn't have excited too many players of any age would it? I'm pretty confident that if we need some loans bought in then Sami will influence decisions more than Oscar simply because he is still well known, respected and liked throughout the game.We'll have to sit back and wait to see what happens...[/p][/quote]Like you say captain at the end off your post, sit back and wait and see what happens, best we do that because we all like to speculate who's coming in, and none us actually have a clue, Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]You certainly haven't ![/p][/quote]Your right Claudette I have not got a clue what players were bringing in, have you, at least I don't get my kicks out off abusing fellow Brighton fans on here like you do, you clown!! Up the Albion!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 4

2:47pm Fri 13 Jun 14

WisdomSpeaks says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Do you guys think that there is any chance of Lingard signing on loan for a year? I know some were not over impressed with the lad but I liked what I saw of him, in truth that was not a lot, but the general written reports were quite good. This is at least a lad who has shown he can score goals in our division.
I think all depends on Van Gaal and he wouldn't have had a chance yet to view him in the flesh. If he doesn't think he can push for a first team spot - could well come back IF Sami likes him. Lots of 'ifs'!
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Do you guys think that there is any chance of Lingard signing on loan for a year? I know some were not over impressed with the lad but I liked what I saw of him, in truth that was not a lot, but the general written reports were quite good. This is at least a lad who has shown he can score goals in our division.[/p][/quote]I think all depends on Van Gaal and he wouldn't have had a chance yet to view him in the flesh. If he doesn't think he can push for a first team spot - could well come back IF Sami likes him. Lots of 'ifs'! WisdomSpeaks
  • Score: 1

4:25pm Fri 13 Jun 14

VegasSeagull says...

WisdomSpeaks wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Do you guys think that there is any chance of Lingard signing on loan for a year? I know some were not over impressed with the lad but I liked what I saw of him, in truth that was not a lot, but the general written reports were quite good. This is at least a lad who has shown he can score goals in our division.
I think all depends on Van Gaal and he wouldn't have had a chance yet to view him in the flesh. If he doesn't think he can push for a first team spot - could well come back IF Sami likes him. Lots of 'ifs'!
don't you just love those, 'If''s.

I guess the question for Gaal when evaluating Lingard, and I have to think he has videos supplied by us to watch and coaching reports, is, did he show enough whilst out on loan to indicate that he could do a job for United.

I am not sure that Jessee did enough to convince Gaal, it might well be that the lad is destined to be back playing in our division on loan, and possibly even sold if the bid is right.
United must put right what was wrong last season, the fans will demand no less, I think Gaal will buy what he needs rather than look to Lingard, there is too much as stake for him (Gaal) and the club.
[quote][p][bold]WisdomSpeaks[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Do you guys think that there is any chance of Lingard signing on loan for a year? I know some were not over impressed with the lad but I liked what I saw of him, in truth that was not a lot, but the general written reports were quite good. This is at least a lad who has shown he can score goals in our division.[/p][/quote]I think all depends on Van Gaal and he wouldn't have had a chance yet to view him in the flesh. If he doesn't think he can push for a first team spot - could well come back IF Sami likes him. Lots of 'ifs'![/p][/quote]don't you just love those, 'If''s. I guess the question for Gaal when evaluating Lingard, and I have to think he has videos supplied by us to watch and coaching reports, is, did he show enough whilst out on loan to indicate that he could do a job for United. I am not sure that Jessee did enough to convince Gaal, it might well be that the lad is destined to be back playing in our division on loan, and possibly even sold if the bid is right. United must put right what was wrong last season, the fans will demand no less, I think Gaal will buy what he needs rather than look to Lingard, there is too much as stake for him (Gaal) and the club. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

4:32pm Fri 13 Jun 14

OldGull says...

ringtone wrote:
OldGull wrote:
Glad to hear Sammi being positive about NJ
Beginning to feel very positive about the coming season.
Exciting times ahead.

Now going to settle down and watch the Brasil match
Settle down for some spelling revision might be the better idea.
If you are referring to the name Brasil , that is how they spell it over there.

Next................
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: Glad to hear Sammi being positive about NJ Beginning to feel very positive about the coming season. Exciting times ahead. Now going to settle down and watch the Brasil match[/p][/quote]Settle down for some spelling revision might be the better idea.[/p][/quote]If you are referring to the name Brasil , that is how they spell it over there. Next................ OldGull
  • Score: 1

5:27pm Sat 14 Jun 14

Falmer Wizard says...

Contacts can be very useful but cash to pay these new Loans/Signings has to be available,not a lot appears to be in the till.
Contacts can be very useful but cash to pay these new Loans/Signings has to be available,not a lot appears to be in the till. Falmer Wizard
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree