Albion boss Sami Hyypia has highlighted the part Nathan Jones can play next season.
Hyypia has yet to appoint any coaches or assistants after agreeing a three-year contract last Friday.
But Jones, who was brought in to assist Oscar Garcia last season, will be on board as first team coach.
Hyypia said: “I need to get to know the people here. I've met Nathan Jones already and I liked what he said.
“He's very professional, his knowledge about football is good and he will work hard for the cause.
“We need a few other people in backroom staff but I'm not in a hurry. There are a lot of good coaches at the club already to help us in the first weeks.”
Hyypia will take time before making off-pitch appointments.
He added: "In Germany the situation is a bit different to England.
"I dont have my own troops, let's say, so I need to find a few good guys who can improve me because I'm still new in this profession.
"I like to have someone who will improve me and question everything I decide."
- Murray is worth every penny of his fee says two-goal hero Baldock
- Albion Analysis: Best away performance since Bonfire Night douses promotion fears
- Hughton thanks fans as Albion celebrate at Oakwell
- No protest from Albion's Baldock over diving booking
- Stockdale delighted to see Albion back in great shape