Sami Hyypia could move into the Finnish market as he builds his Albion squad.
The Seagulls manager has tipped off his new club about talent from his homeland.
Hyypia has said he could sign six or seven players in total as he prepares for his first crack at the Championship with a goalkeeper and a centre-back his priorities.
Speaking to Finnish media, the Albion boss said: “I’m always interested in good players.
“I think I know the Finnish players best. I know their mentality.
“I've given them (Albion) names of a few Finnish players and asked the club to scout them."
Hyypia is likely to be linked with Finnish goalkeepers Niki Maenpa of VVV Venlo and Lukas Hradecky of Brøndby.
Bayer Leverkusen took out an option last summer on emerging Finland striker Joel Pohjanpalo, who had previously been on trial at Liverpool.
Hyypia is a fan of the quick and skilful 19-year-old, who spent last season on loan at second tier German outfit Aalen from HJK Helsinki.
- Inside track - Give Baldock support and he'll get you goals
- Stats don't lie - but Colunga expects to improve on his showing at Swindon
- It's Albion v Albion as Hyypia's men face tricky cup trip
- Baldock fancies another promotion push as he signs four-year Albion deal
- Signings bonanza - Hyypia hails quality squad as Baldock makes it ELEVEN