Skipper Ed Joyce has been ruled out of Sussex’s clash with Kent in the NatWest T20 Blast tonight.
Joyce suffered a minor hamstring tear in the Championship match with Yorkshire at Arundel on Tuesday and took no further part in the game.
Sussex are hopeful the Ireland batsman will be fit to play in the Championship match at Durham on Sunday but he’ll be replaced by either Harry Finch or Aszhar Zaidi at Canterbury tonight with Chris Nash filling in as captain.
Pace bowlers Matt Hobden and James Anyon also remain sidelined with ankle injuries, while Mike Yardy is a long-term casualty but both Rory Hamilton-Brown and Matt Machan will play despite carrying knocks.
Hamilton-Brown has a wrist problem while Machan is to have a scan on a finger injury suffered during the Yorkshire game.
- Fair result? Maybe - but Charlton boss was 'devastated' after Dunk's late goal
- Stockdale admits he said sorry after Charlton's first goal
- Talking point - Winning run ends but has that changed your mood?
- Hyypia praises his goal-getting defender as Albion come back for a point
- Your vote, your say - Who was top man against Charlton?