Skipper Ed Joyce has been ruled out of Sussex’s clash with Kent in the NatWest T20 Blast tonight.
Joyce suffered a minor hamstring tear in the Championship match with Yorkshire at Arundel on Tuesday and took no further part in the game.
Sussex are hopeful the Ireland batsman will be fit to play in the Championship match at Durham on Sunday but he’ll be replaced by either Harry Finch or Aszhar Zaidi at Canterbury tonight with Chris Nash filling in as captain.
Pace bowlers Matt Hobden and James Anyon also remain sidelined with ankle injuries, while Mike Yardy is a long-term casualty but both Rory Hamilton-Brown and Matt Machan will play despite carrying knocks.
Hamilton-Brown has a wrist problem while Machan is to have a scan on a finger injury suffered during the Yorkshire game.
- I am living the dream says Eubank after world title triumph
- Eubank Jr wins Interim WBA World middleweight crown - with picture gallery
- Hughton: Albion lacked recent spark
- Video: Watch the highlights of Crawley's 1-1 draw with Sheffield United
- Video: Watch Albion's 1-0 defeat at Bolton