Top scorer Luke Wright believes victory over Kent can give Sussex a much-needed boost for the second half of their T20 campaign.
Wright batted throughout Sharks’ innings to make 85 as they eased home by 35 runs.
It was their first win in their last six T20 matches having opened the campaign with two victories.
Wright admitted: “It has been a while since we won but T20 is a competition where you can get momentum quickly and hopefully this will give us that.
“It was a hard wicket to bat on because the ball wasn't coming on at all so I was pleased to bat through and give us something we felt we could defend.
“We then saw that unbelievable catch by Rory (Hamilton-Brown) and something like that lifts the side and we won comfortably in the end.
“We were desperate to win tonight and it was a great performance, especially without some of our key players.''
- Forster-Caskey fancies it. But who'll be on the spot if Albion get a penalty today?
- Big interview - Colunga wants to rediscover the hunger after leaving his comfort zone
- Decisions, decisions! Who would you send out against the Addicks?
- Gardner targets more magical Amex memories as he hopes fo home debut
- Baldock admits he has 'unfinished business' in the Championship