Coach Mark Robinson insists he won’t make any knee-jerk decisions after Sussex were dragged further into a relegation battle yesterday.
Durham needed just 17 balls to wrap up a 309-run victory at Chester-le-Street which left Sussex just two points above the drop-zone in division one of the County Championship.
Robinson said: “We are in a relegation battle but there are so few teams in the division you are nearly always battling near the top or bottom.
“We are feeling a little bit sorry for ourselves at the moment but we have got a bit of a break coming up which will give us some time to regroup.
“We know we weren’t good enough at Durham but what you don’t want to do is make any knee-jerk reactions. You generally don’t make your best decisions when things are raw.”
- Sami Hyypia backs keeper David Stockdale
- Sorry fans! Honest Stockdale holds his hands up for 'bad decision'
- Birthday boy Bruno was going for goal
- Albion denied by "one of the best"
- Albion held after Bruno breaks the goal drought