New Albion manager Sam Hyypia has been linked with a move for former Finland international team-mate Antti Niemi as goalkeeping coach.
Niemi, 42, played for Southampton, Fulham and Hearts.
Hyypia needs a goalkeeping coach after Ruben Martinez returned to Maccabi Tel Aviv with Oscar Garcia.
Appointing Niemi could increase the chances of the Seagulls looking to Finland for a No. 1 replacement for the released Tomasz Kuszczak, with Niki Mäenpaa of VVV Venlo and Lukas Hradecky of Brondby IF potential candidates.
Meanwhile, Brentford are in pole position to land Leyton Orient winger Moses Odubajo, who has been a target for Albion.
- Keep off! Albion issue warning as FA quiz club over pitch invasion
- "You couldn't hear anything but boos". Twenty years on from the last game at the Goldstone Steve Gritt reveals how he went from zero to hero as Albion manager
- Knockaert insists he has nothing to prove in the Premier League
- Albion winger admits injury made him fear he may never be the same again
- Woodman unsure about his future after keeping Hawks up