New Albion manager Sam Hyypia has been linked with a move for former Finland international team-mate Antti Niemi as goalkeeping coach.
Niemi, 42, played for Southampton, Fulham and Hearts.
Hyypia needs a goalkeeping coach after Ruben Martinez returned to Maccabi Tel Aviv with Oscar Garcia.
Appointing Niemi could increase the chances of the Seagulls looking to Finland for a No. 1 replacement for the released Tomasz Kuszczak, with Niki Mäenpaa of VVV Venlo and Lukas Hradecky of Brondby IF potential candidates.
Meanwhile, Brentford are in pole position to land Leyton Orient winger Moses Odubajo, who has been a target for Albion.
- Injuries and suspension concerns mount for Albion
- Promising all-rounder signs first professional contract with Sussex
- Gregory keen to get Reds duo on longer deals
- Talking Point: Albion prospect's reputation rising with injury
- Putting Dunk up front is not the answer for Albion - with video