New Albion manager Sam Hyypia has been linked with a move for former Finland international team-mate Antti Niemi as goalkeeping coach.
Niemi, 42, played for Southampton, Fulham and Hearts.
Hyypia needs a goalkeeping coach after Ruben Martinez returned to Maccabi Tel Aviv with Oscar Garcia.
Appointing Niemi could increase the chances of the Seagulls looking to Finland for a No. 1 replacement for the released Tomasz Kuszczak, with Niki Mäenpaa of VVV Venlo and Lukas Hradecky of Brondby IF potential candidates.
Meanwhile, Brentford are in pole position to land Leyton Orient winger Moses Odubajo, who has been a target for Albion.
- Albion could contest red card for Glenn Murray
- Knockaert hails Albion penalty hero Stockdale after dramatic win
- Albion boss Hughton praises team's character and quality
- Two-goal Knockaert, plus Stockdale penalty save, send Seagulls back to top spot. How we reported the action
- Albion captain ruled out of crunch promotion clash at the Amex