The ArgusAlbion's Aussie target a no-go (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Albion's Aussie target a no-go

The Argus: Tony Bloom Tony Bloom

Albion have cooled their interest in signing Australian A-League midfielder Luke Brattan.

An Argus source has revealed the Brisbane Roar star will not be coming to England for further talks with the Seagulls as he is injured.

Chairman Tony Bloom has connections in Australia and tentative discussions took place.

But the injury to Hull-born Brattan has wrecked the possibility of a deal.

Albion have made one new signing so far ahead of tomorrow's opening pre-season friendly at Lewes.

They clinched the capture from Grasshopper Zurich of Congo-born midfielder Nzuzi Toko at the end of last season.

Bloom said: "I am extremely confident we will bring in the right players."

Comments (42)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:39am Fri 4 Jul 14

TheWerewolf says...

In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings TheWerewolf
  • Score: 19

9:57am Fri 4 Jul 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

TheWerewolf wrote:
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.
[quote][p][bold]TheWerewolf[/bold] wrote: In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings[/p][/quote]Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 19

10:46am Fri 4 Jul 14

B rian Tawses left foot says...

I am more than a little concerned that the players we are being linked with - or the one that we have signed - have no championship experience. With the relegated clubs benefiting from the insane 'parchute' payments and our own budget seemingly cut yet again I don't see s as promotion contenders this season.
I am more than a little concerned that the players we are being linked with - or the one that we have signed - have no championship experience. With the relegated clubs benefiting from the insane 'parchute' payments and our own budget seemingly cut yet again I don't see s as promotion contenders this season. B rian Tawses left foot
  • Score: 0

10:58am Fri 4 Jul 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.
Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -7

11:04am Fri 4 Jul 14

AlanDuffy says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
TheWerewolf wrote:
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.
I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheWerewolf[/bold] wrote: In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings[/p][/quote]Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.[/p][/quote]I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism. AlanDuffy
  • Score: 22

11:07am Fri 4 Jul 14

Alan G Skinner says...

While I understand people's frustration at the lack of signings, we must be patient. The club will already have a number of targets in addition to those Sami may want to bring in having had a few weeks to evaluate the squad. Watching players on DVD only gives you so much, he will see more in training. I want us in the Premier League yesterday, but look how far we have come. World class Stadium, training ground and academy now realised, world class sponsors and supporters. Everything is now in place, from an infrastructure point of view we are head and shoulders above our Championship peers, but from a financial perspective we are playing catchup. I absolutely believe we will have a squad once again to challenge for promotion. Let's all get behind the club and go for it! Seagulls!
While I understand people's frustration at the lack of signings, we must be patient. The club will already have a number of targets in addition to those Sami may want to bring in having had a few weeks to evaluate the squad. Watching players on DVD only gives you so much, he will see more in training. I want us in the Premier League yesterday, but look how far we have come. World class Stadium, training ground and academy now realised, world class sponsors and supporters. Everything is now in place, from an infrastructure point of view we are head and shoulders above our Championship peers, but from a financial perspective we are playing catchup. I absolutely believe we will have a squad once again to challenge for promotion. Let's all get behind the club and go for it! Seagulls! Alan G Skinner
  • Score: 25

11:08am Fri 4 Jul 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
TheWerewolf wrote:
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.
I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.
They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference.

They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?
[quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheWerewolf[/bold] wrote: In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings[/p][/quote]Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.[/p][/quote]I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.[/p][/quote]They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference. They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players? Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 7

11:10am Fri 4 Jul 14

AlanDuffy says...

Alan G Skinner wrote:
While I understand people's frustration at the lack of signings, we must be patient. The club will already have a number of targets in addition to those Sami may want to bring in having had a few weeks to evaluate the squad. Watching players on DVD only gives you so much, he will see more in training. I want us in the Premier League yesterday, but look how far we have come. World class Stadium, training ground and academy now realised, world class sponsors and supporters. Everything is now in place, from an infrastructure point of view we are head and shoulders above our Championship peers, but from a financial perspective we are playing catchup. I absolutely believe we will have a squad once again to challenge for promotion. Let's all get behind the club and go for it! Seagulls!
Good post, Alan and I agree with much of what you say - I just wish there was a bit more information coming out of the club of a positive nature.
[quote][p][bold]Alan G Skinner[/bold] wrote: While I understand people's frustration at the lack of signings, we must be patient. The club will already have a number of targets in addition to those Sami may want to bring in having had a few weeks to evaluate the squad. Watching players on DVD only gives you so much, he will see more in training. I want us in the Premier League yesterday, but look how far we have come. World class Stadium, training ground and academy now realised, world class sponsors and supporters. Everything is now in place, from an infrastructure point of view we are head and shoulders above our Championship peers, but from a financial perspective we are playing catchup. I absolutely believe we will have a squad once again to challenge for promotion. Let's all get behind the club and go for it! Seagulls![/p][/quote]Good post, Alan and I agree with much of what you say - I just wish there was a bit more information coming out of the club of a positive nature. AlanDuffy
  • Score: 6

11:12am Fri 4 Jul 14

AlanDuffy says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
TheWerewolf wrote:
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.
I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.
They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference.

They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?
Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s
ame difference, surely.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheWerewolf[/bold] wrote: In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings[/p][/quote]Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.[/p][/quote]I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.[/p][/quote]They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference. They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?[/p][/quote]Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s ame difference, surely. AlanDuffy
  • Score: 1

11:14am Fri 4 Jul 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
TheWerewolf wrote:
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.
I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.
They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference.

They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?
Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s

ame difference, surely.
Not at all. By saying we have fired our two scouts it makes it sound like we have no scouts left. As far as it seems we do still have a network of scouts, just without Day and Aranalde. We have therefore not fired our two scouts, but two of our scouts. Semantics perhaps, but it makes all the difference.
[quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheWerewolf[/bold] wrote: In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings[/p][/quote]Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.[/p][/quote]I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.[/p][/quote]They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference. They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?[/p][/quote]Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s ame difference, surely.[/p][/quote]Not at all. By saying we have fired our two scouts it makes it sound like we have no scouts left. As far as it seems we do still have a network of scouts, just without Day and Aranalde. We have therefore not fired our two scouts, but two of our scouts. Semantics perhaps, but it makes all the difference. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 2

11:22am Fri 4 Jul 14

thetungsten says...

Its the same old reoccurring frustrations year on year!! I put the following question to Barber in an argus run Q&A session earlier this year:

'Would the Albion ever consider appointing a Chief Information Officer/Public Relations Officer' in light of the lack of rapport between club and fans"

His answer was that the Albion has one of the best dialogues with their fans of any club in the country, and that such an appointment would not be needed.

We have a professional poker player running our club- and whilst he runs this club I cant see things changing on the communications front.

Frustrating as it is- we just have to accept it!! Although something tells me that Hypia will be the kind of manager that will talk to the press unlike OG- so we will probably get a better insight into the club and their thinking etc once he is in full flow.
Its the same old reoccurring frustrations year on year!! I put the following question to Barber in an argus run Q&A session earlier this year: 'Would the Albion ever consider appointing a Chief Information Officer/Public Relations Officer' in light of the lack of rapport between club and fans" His answer was that the Albion has one of the best dialogues with their fans of any club in the country, and that such an appointment would not be needed. We have a professional poker player running our club- and whilst he runs this club I cant see things changing on the communications front. Frustrating as it is- we just have to accept it!! Although something tells me that Hypia will be the kind of manager that will talk to the press unlike OG- so we will probably get a better insight into the club and their thinking etc once he is in full flow. thetungsten
  • Score: 7

11:35am Fri 4 Jul 14

Singing Seagull, Indonesia says...

Mayfield Street Sweeper posting 10:58.... Alan G Skinner posting 11:07....

....What a world of difference, ridiculous to sublime in 9 minutes. If I could give Alan 20 thumbs up I would for his reasoned, sensible and patient assessment, whereas I wouldn't give Mayfield the time of day for his stupidity. Does he honestly think we are now only recruiting from Australia? I wonder what it's like on planet Mayfield? Instant gratification craved at all times... I bet his wife/girlfriend/part
ner/right hand really enjoys sex, it must be per before it's begun!
Mayfield Street Sweeper posting 10:58.... Alan G Skinner posting 11:07.... ....What a world of difference, ridiculous to sublime in 9 minutes. If I could give Alan 20 thumbs up I would for his reasoned, sensible and patient assessment, whereas I wouldn't give Mayfield the time of day for his stupidity. Does he honestly think we are now only recruiting from Australia? I wonder what it's like on planet Mayfield? Instant gratification craved at all times... I bet his wife/girlfriend/part ner/right hand really enjoys sex, it must be per before it's begun! Singing Seagull, Indonesia
  • Score: -1

11:53am Fri 4 Jul 14

Gray says...

First pre-season game tomorrow, 5 weeks till first competitive game.

As it stands this could be our team/squad:

Ankergren, Bruno, Dunk, Greer, Chicksen, Lua-Lua, Toko, Crofts, Buckley, CMS, Ulloa. SUBS from Walton, Stephens, Augustein, Calderon, Forster-Caskey, March. Ince, Maksimenko.

With Ulloa likely to go & Crofts & Stephens injured we are stuggling to put out a team at the moment.

I can see why people are getting nervous about our apparent lack of Transfer activity. Hopefully this is just Tony Bloom playing his cards close to his chest ( pun intended ) otherwise it could be a long season.

I am sure we will be pleasantly surprised soon ! UTA
First pre-season game tomorrow, 5 weeks till first competitive game. As it stands this could be our team/squad: Ankergren, Bruno, Dunk, Greer, Chicksen, Lua-Lua, Toko, Crofts, Buckley, CMS, Ulloa. SUBS from Walton, Stephens, Augustein, Calderon, Forster-Caskey, March. Ince, Maksimenko. With Ulloa likely to go & Crofts & Stephens injured we are stuggling to put out a team at the moment. I can see why people are getting nervous about our apparent lack of Transfer activity. Hopefully this is just Tony Bloom playing his cards close to his chest ( pun intended ) otherwise it could be a long season. I am sure we will be pleasantly surprised soon ! UTA Gray
  • Score: -5

12:02pm Fri 4 Jul 14

JeffLomer says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.
Mayfield,

I think you seriously need to go away on holiday,
Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!!
Don't rush back!!
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.[/p][/quote]Mayfield, I think you seriously need to go away on holiday, Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!! Don't rush back!! JeffLomer
  • Score: -2

12:06pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Claude Back says...

Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Mayfield Street Sweeper posting 10:58.... Alan G Skinner posting 11:07....

....What a world of difference, ridiculous to sublime in 9 minutes. If I could give Alan 20 thumbs up I would for his reasoned, sensible and patient assessment, whereas I wouldn't give Mayfield the time of day for his stupidity. Does he honestly think we are now only recruiting from Australia? I wonder what it's like on planet Mayfield? Instant gratification craved at all times... I bet his wife/girlfriend/part

ner/right hand really enjoys sex, it must be per before it's begun!
Do I detect a slight undercurrent of dislike for Mayfield Sweeper there?
[quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Mayfield Street Sweeper posting 10:58.... Alan G Skinner posting 11:07.... ....What a world of difference, ridiculous to sublime in 9 minutes. If I could give Alan 20 thumbs up I would for his reasoned, sensible and patient assessment, whereas I wouldn't give Mayfield the time of day for his stupidity. Does he honestly think we are now only recruiting from Australia? I wonder what it's like on planet Mayfield? Instant gratification craved at all times... I bet his wife/girlfriend/part ner/right hand really enjoys sex, it must be per before it's begun![/p][/quote]Do I detect a slight undercurrent of dislike for Mayfield Sweeper there? Claude Back
  • Score: 7

12:13pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Quiterie says...

Transfer activity seems to get later and later during each transfer window. I'm sure part of this is agents playing 'hardball' and trying to get the best deal for their player (and themselves)!

Just because we're not hearing anything doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of transfer activity going on in the background. There is no way that Bloom is going to let the club go backwards given all the money he's invested.

The Albion are an attractive option. New training ground. We pay good wages - not the highest in the division, but well above the halfway mark. Nice part of the world to live. Likely to be challenging for promotion. We'll get the players we need to challenge - I have no doubt about that.
Transfer activity seems to get later and later during each transfer window. I'm sure part of this is agents playing 'hardball' and trying to get the best deal for their player (and themselves)! Just because we're not hearing anything doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of transfer activity going on in the background. There is no way that Bloom is going to let the club go backwards given all the money he's invested. The Albion are an attractive option. New training ground. We pay good wages - not the highest in the division, but well above the halfway mark. Nice part of the world to live. Likely to be challenging for promotion. We'll get the players we need to challenge - I have no doubt about that. Quiterie
  • Score: 8

12:48pm Fri 4 Jul 14

WisdomSpeaks says...

No need to waste precious energy on speculation of what is/isn't/might be!

In five weeks exactly we will be shown clearly the club's intentions then there'll be no need of any speculation.

One thing Andy Naylor states as though it's fact and with which I disagree is that 'Walton can't be thrown into the side'. When are we going to realize age is only a number. If someone is going to be good enough he is old enough. All the really great managers from Busby to Shankly and later Ferguson know that principle.

I'd love to see Walton given the opportunity. IMHO he's a better more natural keeper than Casper. Very strong minded too. Just what's needed.
No need to waste precious energy on speculation of what is/isn't/might be! In five weeks exactly we will be shown clearly the club's intentions then there'll be no need of any speculation. One thing Andy Naylor states as though it's fact and with which I disagree is that 'Walton can't be thrown into the side'. When are we going to realize age is only a number. If someone is going to be good enough he is old enough. All the really great managers from Busby to Shankly and later Ferguson know that principle. I'd love to see Walton given the opportunity. IMHO he's a better more natural keeper than Casper. Very strong minded too. Just what's needed. WisdomSpeaks
  • Score: 1

2:24pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Singing Seagull, Indonesia says...

Claude Back wrote:
Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Mayfield Street Sweeper posting 10:58.... Alan G Skinner posting 11:07....

....What a world of difference, ridiculous to sublime in 9 minutes. If I could give Alan 20 thumbs up I would for his reasoned, sensible and patient assessment, whereas I wouldn't give Mayfield the time of day for his stupidity. Does he honestly think we are now only recruiting from Australia? I wonder what it's like on planet Mayfield? Instant gratification craved at all times... I bet his wife/girlfriend/part


ner/right hand really enjoys sex, it must be per before it's begun!
Do I detect a slight undercurrent of dislike for Mayfield Sweeper there?
No not really. Just a general dislike of unnecessary panic and scatter-gun (often contradictory) ideas.
[quote][p][bold]Claude Back[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Mayfield Street Sweeper posting 10:58.... Alan G Skinner posting 11:07.... ....What a world of difference, ridiculous to sublime in 9 minutes. If I could give Alan 20 thumbs up I would for his reasoned, sensible and patient assessment, whereas I wouldn't give Mayfield the time of day for his stupidity. Does he honestly think we are now only recruiting from Australia? I wonder what it's like on planet Mayfield? Instant gratification craved at all times... I bet his wife/girlfriend/part ner/right hand really enjoys sex, it must be per before it's begun![/p][/quote]Do I detect a slight undercurrent of dislike for Mayfield Sweeper there?[/p][/quote]No not really. Just a general dislike of unnecessary panic and scatter-gun (often contradictory) ideas. Singing Seagull, Indonesia
  • Score: -2

3:28pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Mayfield Street Sweeper posting 10:58.... Alan G Skinner posting 11:07....

....What a world of difference, ridiculous to sublime in 9 minutes. If I could give Alan 20 thumbs up I would for his reasoned, sensible and patient assessment, whereas I wouldn't give Mayfield the time of day for his stupidity. Does he honestly think we are now only recruiting from Australia? I wonder what it's like on planet Mayfield? Instant gratification craved at all times... I bet his wife/girlfriend/part

ner/right hand really enjoys sex, it must be per before it's begun!
That is the world we live in. We either either go with the flow or fall by the wayside.
[quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Mayfield Street Sweeper posting 10:58.... Alan G Skinner posting 11:07.... ....What a world of difference, ridiculous to sublime in 9 minutes. If I could give Alan 20 thumbs up I would for his reasoned, sensible and patient assessment, whereas I wouldn't give Mayfield the time of day for his stupidity. Does he honestly think we are now only recruiting from Australia? I wonder what it's like on planet Mayfield? Instant gratification craved at all times... I bet his wife/girlfriend/part ner/right hand really enjoys sex, it must be per before it's begun![/p][/quote]That is the world we live in. We either either go with the flow or fall by the wayside. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -2

3:31pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Cockwomble says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Mayfield Street Sweeper posting 10:58.... Alan G Skinner posting 11:07....

....What a world of difference, ridiculous to sublime in 9 minutes. If I could give Alan 20 thumbs up I would for his reasoned, sensible and patient assessment, whereas I wouldn't give Mayfield the time of day for his stupidity. Does he honestly think we are now only recruiting from Australia? I wonder what it's like on planet Mayfield? Instant gratification craved at all times... I bet his wife/girlfriend/part


ner/right hand really enjoys sex, it must be per before it's begun!
That is the world we live in. We either either go with the flow or fall by the wayside.
cockwomble
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Mayfield Street Sweeper posting 10:58.... Alan G Skinner posting 11:07.... ....What a world of difference, ridiculous to sublime in 9 minutes. If I could give Alan 20 thumbs up I would for his reasoned, sensible and patient assessment, whereas I wouldn't give Mayfield the time of day for his stupidity. Does he honestly think we are now only recruiting from Australia? I wonder what it's like on planet Mayfield? Instant gratification craved at all times... I bet his wife/girlfriend/part ner/right hand really enjoys sex, it must be per before it's begun![/p][/quote]That is the world we live in. We either either go with the flow or fall by the wayside.[/p][/quote]cockwomble Cockwomble
  • Score: 0

3:34pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Graysgull says...

WisdomSpeaks wrote:
No need to waste precious energy on speculation of what is/isn't/might be!

In five weeks exactly we will be shown clearly the club's intentions then there'll be no need of any speculation.

One thing Andy Naylor states as though it's fact and with which I disagree is that 'Walton can't be thrown into the side'. When are we going to realize age is only a number. If someone is going to be good enough he is old enough. All the really great managers from Busby to Shankly and later Ferguson know that principle.

I'd love to see Walton given the opportunity. IMHO he's a better more natural keeper than Casper. Very strong minded too. Just what's needed.
Totally agree, With Sami only just coming into post, what better opportunity to see what the youngsters can do in a match situation. Friendly games are all about testing your options, not going full bore from the start.

As for all the non-transfer speculation, I would suggest that the club is currently like the swan on the river, calm and unruffled on the surface, but a loads happening under the surface.
[quote][p][bold]WisdomSpeaks[/bold] wrote: No need to waste precious energy on speculation of what is/isn't/might be! In five weeks exactly we will be shown clearly the club's intentions then there'll be no need of any speculation. One thing Andy Naylor states as though it's fact and with which I disagree is that 'Walton can't be thrown into the side'. When are we going to realize age is only a number. If someone is going to be good enough he is old enough. All the really great managers from Busby to Shankly and later Ferguson know that principle. I'd love to see Walton given the opportunity. IMHO he's a better more natural keeper than Casper. Very strong minded too. Just what's needed.[/p][/quote]Totally agree, With Sami only just coming into post, what better opportunity to see what the youngsters can do in a match situation. Friendly games are all about testing your options, not going full bore from the start. As for all the non-transfer speculation, I would suggest that the club is currently like the swan on the river, calm and unruffled on the surface, but a loads happening under the surface. Graysgull
  • Score: 4

3:40pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

JeffLomer wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.
Mayfield,

I think you seriously need to go away on holiday,
Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!!
Don't rush back!!
I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.[/p][/quote]Mayfield, I think you seriously need to go away on holiday, Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!! Don't rush back!![/p][/quote]I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -3

3:51pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Cockwomble says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.
Mayfield,

I think you seriously need to go away on holiday,
Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!!
Don't rush back!!
I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.
youre just a poor mans ringtone.a ringpiece wannabe.how sad.cockwomble
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.[/p][/quote]Mayfield, I think you seriously need to go away on holiday, Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!! Don't rush back!![/p][/quote]I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.[/p][/quote]youre just a poor mans ringtone.a ringpiece wannabe.how sad.cockwomble Cockwomble
  • Score: 0

4:10pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Singing Seagull, Indonesia says...

Cockwomble wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.
Mayfield,

I think you seriously need to go away on holiday,
Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!!
Don't rush back!!
I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.
youre just a poor mans ringtone.a ringpiece wannabe.how sad.cockwomble
I don't think Mayfield would be happy with our new kit unless it had blue and red stripes.
[quote][p][bold]Cockwomble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.[/p][/quote]Mayfield, I think you seriously need to go away on holiday, Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!! Don't rush back!![/p][/quote]I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.[/p][/quote]youre just a poor mans ringtone.a ringpiece wannabe.how sad.cockwomble[/p][/quote]I don't think Mayfield would be happy with our new kit unless it had blue and red stripes. Singing Seagull, Indonesia
  • Score: 0

4:20pm Fri 4 Jul 14

JeffLomer says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.
Mayfield,

I think you seriously need to go away on holiday,
Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!!
Don't rush back!!
I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.
Everything will fall in to place it always does, players will arrive when we identifty them within budget, probably lose Leo for a good profit, come august we will be ready for the season guaranteed,
up the Albion!!
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.[/p][/quote]Mayfield, I think you seriously need to go away on holiday, Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!! Don't rush back!![/p][/quote]I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.[/p][/quote]Everything will fall in to place it always does, players will arrive when we identifty them within budget, probably lose Leo for a good profit, come august we will be ready for the season guaranteed, up the Albion!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 3

5:03pm Fri 4 Jul 14

JoeBlow says...

thetungsten wrote:
Its the same old reoccurring frustrations year on year!! I put the following question to Barber in an argus run Q&A session earlier this year:

'Would the Albion ever consider appointing a Chief Information Officer/Public Relations Officer' in light of the lack of rapport between club and fans"

His answer was that the Albion has one of the best dialogues with their fans of any club in the country, and that such an appointment would not be needed.

We have a professional poker player running our club- and whilst he runs this club I cant see things changing on the communications front.

Frustrating as it is- we just have to accept it!! Although something tells me that Hypia will be the kind of manager that will talk to the press unlike OG- so we will probably get a better insight into the club and their thinking etc once he is in full flow.
Good grief, what do you actually expect the club to tell you that you haven't heard? I would have thought that the "old recurring frustrations" year on year would have given you some clue that negotiations have to take place in secret. How about developing a little patience?
[quote][p][bold]thetungsten[/bold] wrote: Its the same old reoccurring frustrations year on year!! I put the following question to Barber in an argus run Q&A session earlier this year: 'Would the Albion ever consider appointing a Chief Information Officer/Public Relations Officer' in light of the lack of rapport between club and fans" His answer was that the Albion has one of the best dialogues with their fans of any club in the country, and that such an appointment would not be needed. We have a professional poker player running our club- and whilst he runs this club I cant see things changing on the communications front. Frustrating as it is- we just have to accept it!! Although something tells me that Hypia will be the kind of manager that will talk to the press unlike OG- so we will probably get a better insight into the club and their thinking etc once he is in full flow.[/p][/quote]Good grief, what do you actually expect the club to tell you that you haven't heard? I would have thought that the "old recurring frustrations" year on year would have given you some clue that negotiations have to take place in secret. How about developing a little patience? JoeBlow
  • Score: 2

5:27pm Fri 4 Jul 14

tinker111 says...

Trash should be good signing for club
Trash should be good signing for club tinker111
  • Score: -5

5:31pm Fri 4 Jul 14

tinker111 says...

tinker111 wrote:
Trash should be good signing for club
SORRY FANS BUT YOU ARE BEING SHAFTED BY CLUB PITY YOU S Holders .

YOU CANT GET CHEAPER THAN ANKER'S IN GOAL
[quote][p][bold]tinker111[/bold] wrote: Trash should be good signing for club[/p][/quote]SORRY FANS BUT YOU ARE BEING SHAFTED BY CLUB PITY YOU S Holders . YOU CANT GET CHEAPER THAN ANKER'S IN GOAL tinker111
  • Score: -5

6:15pm Fri 4 Jul 14

mark by the sea says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
TheWerewolf wrote:
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.
I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.
They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference.

They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?
Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s


ame difference, surely.
Not at all. By saying we have fired our two scouts it makes it sound like we have no scouts left. As far as it seems we do still have a network of scouts, just without Day and Aranalde. We have therefore not fired our two scouts, but two of our scouts. Semantics perhaps, but it makes all the difference.
Again Arnie you miss facts,
1) mervyn Day was head of recruitment and scouting, do you know what that entails, he will have a dozen scouts working through each and every player across league and non league action, it's his job to then go over there recommended players.
Zigor was head of scouting in Europe , I believe he found ulloa , and one or two of our Spanish contingent.
I hope the club have replaced these .. However lack of information coming from the club is deafening .. While I concur there is no need to panic, the fans should be told where we are aiming and some back ground info into what's happening in terms of recruitment?
I have to think the club are about to announce they have employed a big name for the academy and scouting, Liam Brady would have scouting networks worldwide.. Let's hope the club act.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheWerewolf[/bold] wrote: In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings[/p][/quote]Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.[/p][/quote]I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.[/p][/quote]They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference. They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?[/p][/quote]Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s ame difference, surely.[/p][/quote]Not at all. By saying we have fired our two scouts it makes it sound like we have no scouts left. As far as it seems we do still have a network of scouts, just without Day and Aranalde. We have therefore not fired our two scouts, but two of our scouts. Semantics perhaps, but it makes all the difference.[/p][/quote]Again Arnie you miss facts, 1) mervyn Day was head of recruitment and scouting, do you know what that entails, he will have a dozen scouts working through each and every player across league and non league action, it's his job to then go over there recommended players. Zigor was head of scouting in Europe , I believe he found ulloa , and one or two of our Spanish contingent. I hope the club have replaced these .. However lack of information coming from the club is deafening .. While I concur there is no need to panic, the fans should be told where we are aiming and some back ground info into what's happening in terms of recruitment? I have to think the club are about to announce they have employed a big name for the academy and scouting, Liam Brady would have scouting networks worldwide.. Let's hope the club act. mark by the sea
  • Score: -1

6:29pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Falmer Wizard says...

Fact, the longer we wait to sign new players the cheaper they are,however they are those who nobody else wanted,chancey?
Fact, the longer we wait to sign new players the cheaper they are,however they are those who nobody else wanted,chancey? Falmer Wizard
  • Score: 0

7:23pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
TheWerewolf wrote:
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.
I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.
They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference.

They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?
Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s



ame difference, surely.
Not at all. By saying we have fired our two scouts it makes it sound like we have no scouts left. As far as it seems we do still have a network of scouts, just without Day and Aranalde. We have therefore not fired our two scouts, but two of our scouts. Semantics perhaps, but it makes all the difference.
Again Arnie you miss facts,
1) mervyn Day was head of recruitment and scouting, do you know what that entails, he will have a dozen scouts working through each and every player across league and non league action, it's his job to then go over there recommended players.
Zigor was head of scouting in Europe , I believe he found ulloa , and one or two of our Spanish contingent.
I hope the club have replaced these .. However lack of information coming from the club is deafening .. While I concur there is no need to panic, the fans should be told where we are aiming and some back ground info into what's happening in terms of recruitment?
I have to think the club are about to announce they have employed a big name for the academy and scouting, Liam Brady would have scouting networks worldwide.. Let's hope the club act.
You forgot to point out the facts I had missed. Did I not say that Day and Aranalde were only two of many scouts? There is nothing to stop the club replacing these two, and indeed may already be working on it. It is also possible that Day's work is being absorbed by Burke and others.

Again Mark, you miss my actual point spectacularly in trying to pick an argument with me. Try again.
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheWerewolf[/bold] wrote: In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings[/p][/quote]Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.[/p][/quote]I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.[/p][/quote]They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference. They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?[/p][/quote]Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s ame difference, surely.[/p][/quote]Not at all. By saying we have fired our two scouts it makes it sound like we have no scouts left. As far as it seems we do still have a network of scouts, just without Day and Aranalde. We have therefore not fired our two scouts, but two of our scouts. Semantics perhaps, but it makes all the difference.[/p][/quote]Again Arnie you miss facts, 1) mervyn Day was head of recruitment and scouting, do you know what that entails, he will have a dozen scouts working through each and every player across league and non league action, it's his job to then go over there recommended players. Zigor was head of scouting in Europe , I believe he found ulloa , and one or two of our Spanish contingent. I hope the club have replaced these .. However lack of information coming from the club is deafening .. While I concur there is no need to panic, the fans should be told where we are aiming and some back ground info into what's happening in terms of recruitment? I have to think the club are about to announce they have employed a big name for the academy and scouting, Liam Brady would have scouting networks worldwide.. Let's hope the club act.[/p][/quote]You forgot to point out the facts I had missed. Did I not say that Day and Aranalde were only two of many scouts? There is nothing to stop the club replacing these two, and indeed may already be working on it. It is also possible that Day's work is being absorbed by Burke and others. Again Mark, you miss my actual point spectacularly in trying to pick an argument with me. Try again. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 3

7:54pm Fri 4 Jul 14

mark by the sea says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
TheWerewolf wrote:
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.
I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.
They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference.

They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?
Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s




ame difference, surely.
Not at all. By saying we have fired our two scouts it makes it sound like we have no scouts left. As far as it seems we do still have a network of scouts, just without Day and Aranalde. We have therefore not fired our two scouts, but two of our scouts. Semantics perhaps, but it makes all the difference.
Again Arnie you miss facts,
1) mervyn Day was head of recruitment and scouting, do you know what that entails, he will have a dozen scouts working through each and every player across league and non league action, it's his job to then go over there recommended players.
Zigor was head of scouting in Europe , I believe he found ulloa , and one or two of our Spanish contingent.
I hope the club have replaced these .. However lack of information coming from the club is deafening .. While I concur there is no need to panic, the fans should be told where we are aiming and some back ground info into what's happening in terms of recruitment?
I have to think the club are about to announce they have employed a big name for the academy and scouting, Liam Brady would have scouting networks worldwide.. Let's hope the club act.
You forgot to point out the facts I had missed. Did I not say that Day and Aranalde were only two of many scouts? There is nothing to stop the club replacing these two, and indeed may already be working on it. It is also possible that Day's work is being absorbed by Burke and others.

Again Mark, you miss my actual point spectacularly in trying to pick an argument with me. Try again.
No Arnie they are both HEAD of two scouting networks interlinked to mervyn Day, NOT JUST TWO SCOUTS! How hard is that to read ?
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheWerewolf[/bold] wrote: In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings[/p][/quote]Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.[/p][/quote]I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.[/p][/quote]They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference. They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?[/p][/quote]Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s ame difference, surely.[/p][/quote]Not at all. By saying we have fired our two scouts it makes it sound like we have no scouts left. As far as it seems we do still have a network of scouts, just without Day and Aranalde. We have therefore not fired our two scouts, but two of our scouts. Semantics perhaps, but it makes all the difference.[/p][/quote]Again Arnie you miss facts, 1) mervyn Day was head of recruitment and scouting, do you know what that entails, he will have a dozen scouts working through each and every player across league and non league action, it's his job to then go over there recommended players. Zigor was head of scouting in Europe , I believe he found ulloa , and one or two of our Spanish contingent. I hope the club have replaced these .. However lack of information coming from the club is deafening .. While I concur there is no need to panic, the fans should be told where we are aiming and some back ground info into what's happening in terms of recruitment? I have to think the club are about to announce they have employed a big name for the academy and scouting, Liam Brady would have scouting networks worldwide.. Let's hope the club act.[/p][/quote]You forgot to point out the facts I had missed. Did I not say that Day and Aranalde were only two of many scouts? There is nothing to stop the club replacing these two, and indeed may already be working on it. It is also possible that Day's work is being absorbed by Burke and others. Again Mark, you miss my actual point spectacularly in trying to pick an argument with me. Try again.[/p][/quote]No Arnie they are both HEAD of two scouting networks interlinked to mervyn Day, NOT JUST TWO SCOUTS! How hard is that to read ? mark by the sea
  • Score: -5

8:33pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Mark, you have still completely failed to understand my initial - and thus subsequent - point. Shouting like an infant will not change that. Read the whole thread, comprehend what I'm saying, and then try to respond in a grown-up manner.
Mark, you have still completely failed to understand my initial - and thus subsequent - point. Shouting like an infant will not change that. Read the whole thread, comprehend what I'm saying, and then try to respond in a grown-up manner. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 4

8:56pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Bucket feet Duffy says...

I think it is more significant that two people have left the club that were to do with recruitment and guess what apart from the one signing that was apparently more or less negotiated pre end of last season, we have nothing, even more significant to me is that the person responsible for managing this department was not the person quoted, I do hope Barber has been found out for what he is according to sources, a bully.
I think it is more significant that two people have left the club that were to do with recruitment and guess what apart from the one signing that was apparently more or less negotiated pre end of last season, we have nothing, even more significant to me is that the person responsible for managing this department was not the person quoted, I do hope Barber has been found out for what he is according to sources, a bully. Bucket feet Duffy
  • Score: -4

10:25pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

Cockwomble wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.
Mayfield,

I think you seriously need to go away on holiday,
Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!!
Don't rush back!!
I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.
youre just a poor mans ringtone.a ringpiece wannabe.how sad.cockwomble
So just be because you dont agree with someones opinion you resort to meaningless insults that don't even make any sense. Weird.
[quote][p][bold]Cockwomble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.[/p][/quote]Mayfield, I think you seriously need to go away on holiday, Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!! Don't rush back!![/p][/quote]I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.[/p][/quote]youre just a poor mans ringtone.a ringpiece wannabe.how sad.cockwomble[/p][/quote]So just be because you dont agree with someones opinion you resort to meaningless insults that don't even make any sense. Weird. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -4

11:40pm Fri 4 Jul 14

south1919 says...

TheWerewolf wrote:
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
I wish people would stop blowing smoke up Blooms arse
[quote][p][bold]TheWerewolf[/bold] wrote: In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings[/p][/quote]I wish people would stop blowing smoke up Blooms arse south1919
  • Score: -2

11:50pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Cockwomble says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Cockwomble wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.
Mayfield,

I think you seriously need to go away on holiday,
Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!!
Don't rush back!!
I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.
youre just a poor mans ringtone.a ringpiece wannabe.how sad.cockwomble
So just be because you dont agree with someones opinion you resort to meaningless insults that don't even make any sense. Weird.
you dont hold genuine opinions.you are just a pointless wum whos not as witty as he thinks.you also lack basic comprehension skills. you dont have a lot going for you.cockwomble
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cockwomble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: Just because Bloom has connections in Australia does that mean we have to only look at players there? Yes the game is growing over there and some relatively high profile players have played there but I'm concerned about the minimalistic approach to signing players, we are in danger of missing the boat completely looking at what other clubs are doing. The next fortnight is crunch time for us now, if we haven't got some good signings on board then next season could be a write off before a ball is kicked. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.[/p][/quote]Mayfield, I think you seriously need to go away on holiday, Holiday destination the Sahara take a bucket and spade!! Don't rush back!![/p][/quote]I cannot possibly go and relax on holiday with all the uncertainty going on, there's no players, no real prospect of any decent players, staff leaving left right and centre, the new shirts aren't quite right and a general gloom. When we have a squad of winners on board that will be the time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a week or two in the sun in some exotic paradise, maybe Eastbourne this year.[/p][/quote]youre just a poor mans ringtone.a ringpiece wannabe.how sad.cockwomble[/p][/quote]So just be because you dont agree with someones opinion you resort to meaningless insults that don't even make any sense. Weird.[/p][/quote]you dont hold genuine opinions.you are just a pointless wum whos not as witty as he thinks.you also lack basic comprehension skills. you dont have a lot going for you.cockwomble Cockwomble
  • Score: 2

11:51pm Fri 4 Jul 14

mark by the sea says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
TheWerewolf wrote:
In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings
Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.
I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.
They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference.

They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?
Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s





ame difference, surely.
Not at all. By saying we have fired our two scouts it makes it sound like we have no scouts left. As far as it seems we do still have a network of scouts, just without Day and Aranalde. We have therefore not fired our two scouts, but two of our scouts. Semantics perhaps, but it makes all the difference.
Again Arnie you miss facts,
1) mervyn Day was head of recruitment and scouting, do you know what that entails, he will have a dozen scouts working through each and every player across league and non league action, it's his job to then go over there recommended players.
Zigor was head of scouting in Europe , I believe he found ulloa , and one or two of our Spanish contingent.
I hope the club have replaced these .. However lack of information coming from the club is deafening .. While I concur there is no need to panic, the fans should be told where we are aiming and some back ground info into what's happening in terms of recruitment?
I have to think the club are about to announce they have employed a big name for the academy and scouting, Liam Brady would have scouting networks worldwide.. Let's hope the club act.
You forgot to point out the facts I had missed. Did I not say that Day and Aranalde were only two of many scouts? There is nothing to stop the club replacing these two, and indeed may already be working on it. It is also possible that Day's work is being absorbed by Burke and others.

Again Mark, you miss my actual point spectacularly in trying to pick an argument with me. Try again.
No Arnie they are both HEAD of two scouting networks interlinked to mervyn Day, NOT JUST TWO SCOUTS! How hard is that to read ?
Arnie Mervyn day cannot be replaced within 12 months of his job title as he was made redundant,,I appreciate you don't grasp that, but wake up.
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheWerewolf[/bold] wrote: In Bloom we trust....Looking forward to some profile signings[/p][/quote]Agreed - I'd bet good money we have plenty of irons in the fire and expect to see quite a bit of incoming activity before the next fortnight is out.[/p][/quote]I wish I shared your optimism.....we've just fired our two scouts, an acceptance that the system we had wasn't working, which has been apparent for some time now, so glad to see that the club has finally recognised this, but at present it doesn't appear that we have replacements ready to go. I hope I'm wrong. Personally, I think the almost complete absence of news or information from the club, other than to inform us of yet more departures, is the most frustrating aspect of all this. I understand the need for playing your cards close to your chest where player recruitment is concerned but as a season ticket holder paying out a not insignificant sum each month, a little reassurance from the club and some insight into what they are doing, would not go amiss. I'm sure there is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scenes, and no doubt we will see signings. However, we were given reassurances last season and frankly I was disappointed with the majority of the signings and loans. Let's hope we've learned from past mistakes and we can look forward to the new season with renewed optimism.[/p][/quote]They haven't fired their two scouts, they have let go two OF their scouts. Big difference. They have explained that they are working hard to get in decent new players. What else can they possibly tell you without giving the names of the targeted players?[/p][/quote]Big difference?? Two scouts who worked for the club on recruitment no longer work for the club on recruitment........s ame difference, surely.[/p][/quote]Not at all. By saying we have fired our two scouts it makes it sound like we have no scouts left. As far as it seems we do still have a network of scouts, just without Day and Aranalde. We have therefore not fired our two scouts, but two of our scouts. Semantics perhaps, but it makes all the difference.[/p][/quote]Again Arnie you miss facts, 1) mervyn Day was head of recruitment and scouting, do you know what that entails, he will have a dozen scouts working through each and every player across league and non league action, it's his job to then go over there recommended players. Zigor was head of scouting in Europe , I believe he found ulloa , and one or two of our Spanish contingent. I hope the club have replaced these .. However lack of information coming from the club is deafening .. While I concur there is no need to panic, the fans should be told where we are aiming and some back ground info into what's happening in terms of recruitment? I have to think the club are about to announce they have employed a big name for the academy and scouting, Liam Brady would have scouting networks worldwide.. Let's hope the club act.[/p][/quote]You forgot to point out the facts I had missed. Did I not say that Day and Aranalde were only two of many scouts? There is nothing to stop the club replacing these two, and indeed may already be working on it. It is also possible that Day's work is being absorbed by Burke and others. Again Mark, you miss my actual point spectacularly in trying to pick an argument with me. Try again.[/p][/quote]No Arnie they are both HEAD of two scouting networks interlinked to mervyn Day, NOT JUST TWO SCOUTS! How hard is that to read ?[/p][/quote]Arnie Mervyn day cannot be replaced within 12 months of his job title as he was made redundant,,I appreciate you don't grasp that, but wake up. mark by the sea
  • Score: 1

11:55pm Fri 4 Jul 14

mark by the sea says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Mark, you have still completely failed to understand my initial - and thus subsequent - point. Shouting like an infant will not change that. Read the whole thread, comprehend what I'm saying, and then try to respond in a grown-up manner.
Can Mervyn days be replaced? Er no is the legal answer.!
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Mark, you have still completely failed to understand my initial - and thus subsequent - point. Shouting like an infant will not change that. Read the whole thread, comprehend what I'm saying, and then try to respond in a grown-up manner.[/p][/quote]Can Mervyn days be replaced? Er no is the legal answer.! mark by the sea
  • Score: -1

11:59pm Fri 4 Jul 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Mark, you have still completely failed to understand my initial - and thus subsequent - point. Shouting like an infant will not change that. Read the whole thread, comprehend what I'm saying, and then try to respond in a grown-up manner.
Can Mervyn days be replaced? Er no is the legal answer.!
How is that in any way relevant to the point I was making at the beginning of this thread before you decided to hijack it? Please, please, please read again from the top and then make a considered and relevant comment. You are starting to miss the initial point by wider and wider margins.
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Mark, you have still completely failed to understand my initial - and thus subsequent - point. Shouting like an infant will not change that. Read the whole thread, comprehend what I'm saying, and then try to respond in a grown-up manner.[/p][/quote]Can Mervyn days be replaced? Er no is the legal answer.![/p][/quote]How is that in any way relevant to the point I was making at the beginning of this thread before you decided to hijack it? Please, please, please read again from the top and then make a considered and relevant comment. You are starting to miss the initial point by wider and wider margins. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 1

12:13am Sat 5 Jul 14

mark by the sea says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Mark, you have still completely failed to understand my initial - and thus subsequent - point. Shouting like an infant will not change that. Read the whole thread, comprehend what I'm saying, and then try to respond in a grown-up manner.
Can Mervyn days be replaced? Er no is the legal answer.!
How is that in any way relevant to the point I was making at the beginning of this thread before you decided to hijack it? Please, please, please read again from the top and then make a considered and relevant comment. You are starting to miss the initial point by wider and wider margins.
No, you said we have lost two scouts, mervyn day was head scout and zigor was head of scouting in Europe .. Are those two facts wrong?
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Mark, you have still completely failed to understand my initial - and thus subsequent - point. Shouting like an infant will not change that. Read the whole thread, comprehend what I'm saying, and then try to respond in a grown-up manner.[/p][/quote]Can Mervyn days be replaced? Er no is the legal answer.![/p][/quote]How is that in any way relevant to the point I was making at the beginning of this thread before you decided to hijack it? Please, please, please read again from the top and then make a considered and relevant comment. You are starting to miss the initial point by wider and wider margins.[/p][/quote]No, you said we have lost two scouts, mervyn day was head scout and zigor was head of scouting in Europe .. Are those two facts wrong? mark by the sea
  • Score: -1

12:17am Sat 5 Jul 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Mark, you have still completely failed to understand my initial - and thus subsequent - point. Shouting like an infant will not change that. Read the whole thread, comprehend what I'm saying, and then try to respond in a grown-up manner.
Can Mervyn days be replaced? Er no is the legal answer.!
How is that in any way relevant to the point I was making at the beginning of this thread before you decided to hijack it? Please, please, please read again from the top and then make a considered and relevant comment. You are starting to miss the initial point by wider and wider margins.
No, you said we have lost two scouts, mervyn day was head scout and zigor was head of scouting in Europe .. Are those two facts wrong?
Taken wildly out of context yes, they do become wrong. Alan Duffy claimed we had lost our two scouts, implying we only had two to lose. I clarified that we had lost two OF our scouts. The fact they were heads of their local networks is irrelevant to the point I was making, ie that we still have a number of scouts remaining in our employ. Do you now understand the point I was making?
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Mark, you have still completely failed to understand my initial - and thus subsequent - point. Shouting like an infant will not change that. Read the whole thread, comprehend what I'm saying, and then try to respond in a grown-up manner.[/p][/quote]Can Mervyn days be replaced? Er no is the legal answer.![/p][/quote]How is that in any way relevant to the point I was making at the beginning of this thread before you decided to hijack it? Please, please, please read again from the top and then make a considered and relevant comment. You are starting to miss the initial point by wider and wider margins.[/p][/quote]No, you said we have lost two scouts, mervyn day was head scout and zigor was head of scouting in Europe .. Are those two facts wrong?[/p][/quote]Taken wildly out of context yes, they do become wrong. Alan Duffy claimed we had lost our two scouts, implying we only had two to lose. I clarified that we had lost two OF our scouts. The fact they were heads of their local networks is irrelevant to the point I was making, ie that we still have a number of scouts remaining in our employ. Do you now understand the point I was making? Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree