Lewes are taking a look at former Eastbourne Borough defender James Stinson.
The Australian spent last season at Priory Lane, making 21 appearances and scoring twice. He also had an unsuccessful trial with Crawley Town last summer.
Stinson will feature for Lewes when they take on Albion at the Dripping Pan in the opening game of pre-season today.
The Rooks will also look at goalkeeper Ryan Burbridge who has previously been with Sittingbourne, Potters Bar, Hastings United and Corinthian as they try to find a capable back-up for Rikki Banks.
Three other trialists will also play a part in the match including former Portsmouth midfielder George Branford, who was on loan at Lewes last season. The other two are Three Bridges forward Elliott Romain and former Burgess Hill midfielder Matt Percival.
Max Howell, who had spells at Burgess Hill and Worthing after leaving Lewes last season, is also in the squad for the game after returning to the club essentially to play for the under-21s.
Lewes will be without Jack Walder, Nathan Crabb and Henry Muggeridge through injury while striker Terry Dodd, one of eight new signings, is unavailable.
The match is a sell-out with the last few tickets being sold yesterday.
- Waiting game after Brexit vote - but Albion academy looks a very wise investment
- Liam Rosenior: 'Promotion near miss will inspire us'
- Ellis relishes World Cup call - and prepares for busy week with Eagles
- Dominika Cibulkova wins Eastbourne
- Albion's new defender is a prospect - but 'not ready for Championship yet'