Leicester City remain keen on Albion star Leo Ulloa – despite securing their own top scorer on a new deal.
David Nugent ended weeks of doubt yesterday by signing a two-year contract with the Foxes.
But The Argus has been told boss Nigel Pearson still wants another striker with Ulloa on his hit list.
Seagulls manager Sami Hyypia sat down with Ulloa in the run-up to the opening friendly against Lewes last Saturday and told him he wanted him to stay.
Pearson is happy to bide his time and await developments.
Albion arrived in Spain last night for their pre-season training trip.
They play Scottish Premier side Partick Thistle on Saturday and relegated Spanish outfit Real Betis a week tonight.
Partick came from behind to beat fourth-tier Spanish club FC Pinatar 3-1 last night.
- You say LuaLua was the star
- Albion Analysis: Hyypia plagued by tales of the unexpected
- Hyypia: We must stop switching off if we are to get out of trouble
- Albion keeper is feeling so sharp after weight loss
- Crawley told to play without fear