Leicester City remain keen on Albion star Leo Ulloa – despite securing their own top scorer on a new deal.
David Nugent ended weeks of doubt yesterday by signing a two-year contract with the Foxes.
But The Argus has been told boss Nigel Pearson still wants another striker with Ulloa on his hit list.
Seagulls manager Sami Hyypia sat down with Ulloa in the run-up to the opening friendly against Lewes last Saturday and told him he wanted him to stay.
Pearson is happy to bide his time and await developments.
Albion arrived in Spain last night for their pre-season training trip.
They play Scottish Premier side Partick Thistle on Saturday and relegated Spanish outfit Real Betis a week tonight.
Partick came from behind to beat fourth-tier Spanish club FC Pinatar 3-1 last night.
- Cherries keeper Camp poised for chance to frustrate Seagulls again
- Hyypia needs a goalscorer to fill Ulloa's boots
- Hughes reckons exhausting cup test can help Albion in the league
- The call was to Be Bold - but what did you make of Albion's big cup trip to Spurs? (With video)
- Cup call-up was a shock admits Walton