Leicester City remain keen on Albion star Leo Ulloa – despite securing their own top scorer on a new deal.
David Nugent ended weeks of doubt yesterday by signing a two-year contract with the Foxes.
But The Argus has been told boss Nigel Pearson still wants another striker with Ulloa on his hit list.
Seagulls manager Sami Hyypia sat down with Ulloa in the run-up to the opening friendly against Lewes last Saturday and told him he wanted him to stay.
Pearson is happy to bide his time and await developments.
Albion arrived in Spain last night for their pre-season training trip.
They play Scottish Premier side Partick Thistle on Saturday and relegated Spanish outfit Real Betis a week tonight.
Partick came from behind to beat fourth-tier Spanish club FC Pinatar 3-1 last night.
- Colunga leaves Albion for return to Spain
- On his way back up North but now a cult figure, the stunning transformation of Albion striker Chris O'Grady
- Toko left Albion without a pay-off
- Kayal is aiming for the top with Albion
- Hughton happy with his business in transfer window