Eastbourne Eagles are facing the prospect of another winless season away from home after suffering last-race heartbreak last night.
Eagles conceded a 5-1 in heat 15 to lose 45-44 to lowly Leicester Lions in the Elite League.
Bjarne Pedersen almost grabbed the win for his team but was just unable to catch Jason Doyle on a thrilling run to the line.
The result gives Eagles only their second away point of the season but that will be little consolation.
They led 30-23 after heat nine and were on a 5-1 in the next race until Mikkel Michelsen fell and was lucky to avoid serious injury.
Eagles still had a seven-point advantage going into the last three races but conceded 5-1s in heats 13 and 15 to see a first away win in two years slip away.
Leicester: Doyle 13+2 (5), Stead 9+1 (4), Klindt 8 (4), Buczkowski 7+1 (5), Korneliussen 5 (4), Bates 3 (4), Clegg 0 (4).
Eagles: Blackbird 11+1 (6), Gustafsson 10+1 (6), Lahti 8 (5), Pedersen 7+1 (5), Halsey 4+1 (3), Michelsen 4+1 (5), Kylmakorpi r/r.
- Albion midfielder Sidwell wants new deal
- Talking Point: Hughton deserves to be Albion manager still in August 2018
- Wing wizard Knockaert crowned Albion player of the season
- Knockaert is Albion player of the season. See who won what and re-live a glittering night at the Amex
- Players could surprise Albion boss Hughton in the Prem