Crawley are likely to give on-trial striker Collins John a second chance to shine – against his old club.
The former Fulham striker played as a trialist in tonight’s 10-0 friendly win at neighbours Oakwood.
Boss John Gregory revealed he would like to see more of the 28-year-old Dutch international against the Cottagers on Saturday as Reds step up their preparation for the new season.
Izale McLeod led the rout against the hard-working County League outfit with a hat-trick in the first half-hour.
New signing Lewis Young netted twice and Conor Henderson also scored, all before the break.
Reds topped up their tally in the final 15 minutes through Jimmy Smith, Bodson Bawling, Josh Simpson and Anthony Harris.
- Bloom flies in to lead search for Hyypia's replacement
- Hyypia thanks Albion fans after resigning
- Bloom: Hyypia quit for the good of the team and the club
- Sherwood the early favourite for Albion vacancy
- Video: Chief sports reporter Andy Naylor gives his view on Sami Hyypia's resignation