Albion are showing interest in Cameroon trialist Roderigue Ndiane for their development squad.
The former Chatham Town defender and Charlton reserve played part of a 2-1 friendly defeat for Simon Ireland’s youngsters behind-closed-doors against Bournemouth on Wednesday at the new training ground in Lancing.
Ndiane can play at centre-half or right-back.
Thomas Amegnaglo, a 22-year-old trialist from Togo, also featured against Bournemouth.
Albion’s interest in Amegnaglo, who played for Chippa United in South Africa and Senegalese club AS Douanes, is likely to be shortlived as they already have plenty of central midfielders.
Former Chelsea pair Danny Pappoe and George Cole, both on trial with the development squad since the beginning of pre-season, are believed to have been offered deals.
They were in the team beaten 2-1 by Bournemouth, Jason Davis replying late to first-half goals for the visitors by Brandon Goodship and Ben Whitfield.
- Hughton: Attacking quality made the difference
- Leaders sentence Albion to a sorry end at the Amex
- Albion v Watford - from the Amex
- Dunk, Forster-Caskey return - but Macca will have to wait and hope for Amex farewell
- Ighalo gets the nod for free-scoring Watford at the Amex