Albion boss Sami Hyypia has hailed the quality of Andrew Crofts.
The midfielder is expected to get more game time at Peterborough today following his comeback from six months out with cruciate knee ligament damage as a late substitute at Crawley on Wednesday.
Hyypia said: “He’s a quality player and I like to have quality players in the squad who are fit.”
Former Peterborough loanee Crofts has a head start on midfield rival Dale Stephens.
The January signing from Charlton has not featured in pre-season after rupturing an ankle ligament against Yeovil at the Amex in April.
Hyypia has cast doubt over Stephens’ availability for the start of the season.
He said: “I’m not sure, we’ll have to wait and see. It’s going to take a while before he is fit.”
Solly March is expected to return to action in Albion’s final pre-season friendly at home to Southampton on Thursday night. The England under-21 international suffered a hip bone knock at Crawley.
- Seagulls blow their big title chance. How Albion lost 1-0 to Bristol City at the Amex
- Early arrivals wish Hughton well ahead of record-breaking occasion at the Amex
- Murray heading for history as Albion hunt the title at the Amex
- Albion hot-shot tipped to maintain prolific form in Premier League
- The stage is set for Albion to host title party