Albion boss Sami Hyypia has hailed the quality of Andrew Crofts.
The midfielder is expected to get more game time at Peterborough today following his comeback from six months out with cruciate knee ligament damage as a late substitute at Crawley on Wednesday.
Hyypia said: “He’s a quality player and I like to have quality players in the squad who are fit.”
Former Peterborough loanee Crofts has a head start on midfield rival Dale Stephens.
The January signing from Charlton has not featured in pre-season after rupturing an ankle ligament against Yeovil at the Amex in April.
Hyypia has cast doubt over Stephens’ availability for the start of the season.
He said: “I’m not sure, we’ll have to wait and see. It’s going to take a while before he is fit.”
Solly March is expected to return to action in Albion’s final pre-season friendly at home to Southampton on Thursday night. The England under-21 international suffered a hip bone knock at Crawley.
- Hughton says Seagulls have yet to hit top gear
- Bloom vows to keep chasing dream as Albion post record £25.9m losses
- Albion reveal the £25.9m cost of last season's promotion near miss
- Hughton reveals Huenemeier's latest bad break - but expects him back soon
- Kayal back in training while Rosenior makes progress