First year professional Jimmy Muitt scored a hat-trick as Albion’s under-21s won 4-0 at Arundel last night.
Muitt, right, is one of five trainees who signed professional deals with the development squad in the summer.
The other four – Robin Deen, Charlie Harris, Jason Davis and Cameron Wiltshire – all played a part in the win at Arundel along with former Chelsea duo Daniel Pappoe and George Cole who are believed to have been offered deals ahead of the new season.
Cole fired over within 90 seconds to set the tone for the evening.
Muitt broke the deadlock on four minutes when he turned home Harris’s cross from the right and two minutes later Deen doubled the advantage after Tom Dallison’s shot had been well saved by James Fernandes.
Muitt scored his second on 55 minutes and completed his hat-trick with an expertly taken header.
Albion: Smith; Barry, Hunt, Rea, Dallison; Pappoe, Deen, Harris; Muitt, Starkey, Cole. Subs (all used): Wiltshire, Davis, Asmundsson plus two trialists.
- Albion keeper hopes for great backing as he heads Home
- Why Greer has extra reason to rock Gibraltar
- Non-league round-up: Burgess Hill edge closer to title, Eastbourne Borough make it four in a row, wins for Bognor and Three Bridges
- Saunders admits Crawley were given reality check
- Gargan heads late winner for Hawks