Kazenga LuaLua is ready for a week of hard work in the run-up to the new season.
The goalscoring winger admits Albion must improve after a friendly defeat to a Southampton side he regarded as “different class.”
Albion could have new faces on board by the time the Sheffield Wednesday visit the Amex for the Championship opener.
But, whether or not that happens, LuaLua believes the Seagulls will be better than they were in losing 3-1 to the slick Saints last Thursday.
He said: “We were playing against a Premier League team.
“It’s different. They are in the Premier League because they are a different class.
“You saw they were much, much better than us.
“That is where we want to be. We want to be like them but it takes time.
“We need to learn from them.
“All the boys are ready for this season now and we can’t wait for the weekend.
“But obviously we need to do better than we did (on Thursday).
“I’m sure during the week we will work on many things and we’ll be better.”
- Video - Cardiff keeper denies Albion
- Have your say - who was Albion's man of the match against Cardiff?
- Sami Hyypia backs keeper David Stockdale
- Sorry fans! Honest Stockdale holds his hands up for 'bad decision'
- Birthday boy Bruno was going for goal