Albion directors buy shares

Tony Bloom

Tony Bloom

First published in Sport

Four of Albion's non-executive directors have bought shares in the club.

Robert Comer, Adam Franks, Peter Godfrey and Marc Sugarman have each purchased 5,000 shares, at a cost of £1 per share to comply with company law.

Chairman Tony Bloom said: "All four non-executive directors wanted to reinforce their commitment to the club and each brings their own individual expertise and experience as valued members of the club's board.

"These investments in the club now means that all of our non-executive directors – including Ray Bloom and Derek Chapman – are now shareholders in the club ensuring our club complies with best practice corporate governance standards."

Meanwhile, Albion have urged supporters to arrive early at the Amex for tomorrow's opening game of the season against Sheffield Wednesday.

Ticket collections, from a temporary unit outside the club store, are higher than normal. A small number of season ticket holders' smartcards may need reactivating and pre-booked parking at the University of Sussex and the Bridge Car Park will be busier due to many first-time users.

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:07pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Tonyuk175 says...

Great news hope one is good at signing players!!!
Great news hope one is good at signing players!!! Tonyuk175
  • Score: 12

4:17pm Fri 8 Aug 14

mikeygit says...

Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!! mikeygit
  • Score: -13

4:32pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Conelli98 says...

FABULOUS NEWS! 😴😴😴😴😴
FABULOUS NEWS! 😴😴😴😴😴 Conelli98
  • Score: 2

4:36pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
[quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting? Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 8

4:38pm Fri 8 Aug 14

ballantrrae says...

mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
Mikeygit to be fair to the Argus they are simply running this statement from the club because it was put out on the club's official website at 16.00 hours. I think as the main local paper they are bound to do so. Interestingly there is no 'editorial' comment from the Argus regarding the statement.
This reflects what the club said at the Forum this week, that they would keep fans informed of what was happening.
Personally I am pleased to see that the Board are as it were putting their money where their mouths are. I certainly would hope ,if not expect, all the Directors to also be shareholders and this is one way for them to express how committed they are to the club and what it is doing.
[quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]Mikeygit to be fair to the Argus they are simply running this statement from the club because it was put out on the club's official website at 16.00 hours. I think as the main local paper they are bound to do so. Interestingly there is no 'editorial' comment from the Argus regarding the statement. This reflects what the club said at the Forum this week, that they would keep fans informed of what was happening. Personally I am pleased to see that the Board are as it were putting their money where their mouths are. I certainly would hope ,if not expect, all the Directors to also be shareholders and this is one way for them to express how committed they are to the club and what it is doing. ballantrrae
  • Score: 2

4:44pm Fri 8 Aug 14

don't wanna do it like that says...

ballantrrae wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
Mikeygit to be fair to the Argus they are simply running this statement from the club because it was put out on the club's official website at 16.00 hours. I think as the main local paper they are bound to do so. Interestingly there is no 'editorial' comment from the Argus regarding the statement.
This reflects what the club said at the Forum this week, that they would keep fans informed of what was happening.
Personally I am pleased to see that the Board are as it were putting their money where their mouths are. I certainly would hope ,if not expect, all the Directors to also be shareholders and this is one way for them to express how committed they are to the club and what it is doing.
If you see what has come on the albion site the last 24 hours,you would think,somebody whispered something in their ear.
[quote][p][bold]ballantrrae[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]Mikeygit to be fair to the Argus they are simply running this statement from the club because it was put out on the club's official website at 16.00 hours. I think as the main local paper they are bound to do so. Interestingly there is no 'editorial' comment from the Argus regarding the statement. This reflects what the club said at the Forum this week, that they would keep fans informed of what was happening. Personally I am pleased to see that the Board are as it were putting their money where their mouths are. I certainly would hope ,if not expect, all the Directors to also be shareholders and this is one way for them to express how committed they are to the club and what it is doing.[/p][/quote]If you see what has come on the albion site the last 24 hours,you would think,somebody whispered something in their ear. don't wanna do it like that
  • Score: 4

4:50pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Willie, Willie Irvine says...

I think some are missing the point. The directors have paid a nominal sum of £1 per share for 5,000 shares. That simply stakes their claim officially. The bit that isn't spelt out is the significant wedge each director will have had to stump up to go with the increased shareholding. It means a bigger kitty. That is news.
I think some are missing the point. The directors have paid a nominal sum of £1 per share for 5,000 shares. That simply stakes their claim officially. The bit that isn't spelt out is the significant wedge each director will have had to stump up to go with the increased shareholding. It means a bigger kitty. That is news. Willie, Willie Irvine
  • Score: 2

5:12pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Newhavenles says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?[/p][/quote]I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj Newhavenles
  • Score: 1

5:20pm Fri 8 Aug 14

bIsleybill says...

The real news will be when fans can buy shares...one source of income never mentioned (or promoted)
The real news will be when fans can buy shares...one source of income never mentioned (or promoted) bIsleybill
  • Score: 7

5:45pm Fri 8 Aug 14

don't wanna do it like that says...

bIsleybill wrote:
The real news will be when fans can buy shares...one source of income never mentioned (or promoted)
Just wait till the other 79,98m have to be paid back
[quote][p][bold]bIsleybill[/bold] wrote: The real news will be when fans can buy shares...one source of income never mentioned (or promoted)[/p][/quote]Just wait till the other 79,98m have to be paid back don't wanna do it like that
  • Score: -2

5:54pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Paul London says...

Willie, Willie Irvine wrote:
I think some are missing the point. The directors have paid a nominal sum of £1 per share for 5,000 shares. That simply stakes their claim officially. The bit that isn't spelt out is the significant wedge each director will have had to stump up to go with the increased shareholding. It means a bigger kitty. That is news.
I think we need to remember that the four individuals were all non-shareholding directors. This simply implies that all Board members are now also shareholders. The Chairman's stake is over £150m, so it makes little difference to the club's finances.
[quote][p][bold]Willie, Willie Irvine[/bold] wrote: I think some are missing the point. The directors have paid a nominal sum of £1 per share for 5,000 shares. That simply stakes their claim officially. The bit that isn't spelt out is the significant wedge each director will have had to stump up to go with the increased shareholding. It means a bigger kitty. That is news.[/p][/quote]I think we need to remember that the four individuals were all non-shareholding directors. This simply implies that all Board members are now also shareholders. The Chairman's stake is over £150m, so it makes little difference to the club's finances. Paul London
  • Score: 6

6:07pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Newhavenles wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj
Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...
[quote][p][bold]Newhavenles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?[/p][/quote]I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj[/p][/quote]Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before... Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: -3

6:47pm Fri 8 Aug 14

WisdomSpeaks says...

I think there is a very significant part of this story which maybe many have not considered and why The Argus have in fact run the story to 'fly a kite' as is done in journalism.

Experience of share holding movement in any company, and especially in football clubs, often is an early indication of a preparation for a sale.

Now I'm not saying that this is going to happen, the only people who could confirm or deny that, are those involved. There is no mention of these gentlemen also making substantial loans to the club which would maybe be a reason to demand a shareholding.

It seems strange because £5,000 each is peanuts to them and in the grand scale of the club's finances. An input of £20,000 is hardly going to help improve the playing squad or the balance sheet.

However, if there is an intention to market the club in the near future at a considerable profit, then these shares could increase in value quite considerably, thus benefitting the individuals involved.

I have wondered, with the tremendous commitment to cleaning up the balance sheet and improving the P & L account recently, whether or not a sale is in the medium term thinking of TB.

I'm in no way questioning his positive input into the club nor his genuine supporter status. Let's be pragmatic though. He is also a serious businessman who is focused on improving his financial situation in a variety of areas. He has a wife and family to consider and that wife is an Australian and they appear to favour living in Australia for the majority of the time. (Can't blame them for that!).

So could it be a possibility that Tony is preparing the way for a massive sale and desires his loyal directors to be compensated somewhat for their unstinting support.

Let's face it - with a cleaner set of books, one of the most modern and impressive grounds in the country and now a training complex to match - we ARE a very attractive proposition, especially to one of these foreign buyers who have the wherewithal to truly take the club into the real heights of the footballing echelon. Something which, I doubt that Tony has despite his fantastic contribution thus far. In the real big time his investment so far would probably equal a few top class players transfer fees and salaries combined. So I think it's unlikely he could match some of these mega owners who are coming into our game these days.

He's an intelligent guy. He is aware that the fan base has had its taste buds tickled and now desire more and more player investment in search of the big time. If the murmurs of discontent at the way that part of the club is bring run gather momentum, would Tony Bloom and his family have the interest to listen to all of that or would he be influenced to consider relaxing on the sunny shores of Australia having left an amazing legacy forever.

Just a thought. What I do know is that whenever there is a share movement - it generally means something is going on!

Time will tell.
I think there is a very significant part of this story which maybe many have not considered and why The Argus have in fact run the story to 'fly a kite' as is done in journalism. Experience of share holding movement in any company, and especially in football clubs, often is an early indication of a preparation for a sale. Now I'm not saying that this is going to happen, the only people who could confirm or deny that, are those involved. There is no mention of these gentlemen also making substantial loans to the club which would maybe be a reason to demand a shareholding. It seems strange because £5,000 each is peanuts to them and in the grand scale of the club's finances. An input of £20,000 is hardly going to help improve the playing squad or the balance sheet. However, if there is an intention to market the club in the near future at a considerable profit, then these shares could increase in value quite considerably, thus benefitting the individuals involved. I have wondered, with the tremendous commitment to cleaning up the balance sheet and improving the P & L account recently, whether or not a sale is in the medium term thinking of TB. I'm in no way questioning his positive input into the club nor his genuine supporter status. Let's be pragmatic though. He is also a serious businessman who is focused on improving his financial situation in a variety of areas. He has a wife and family to consider and that wife is an Australian and they appear to favour living in Australia for the majority of the time. (Can't blame them for that!). So could it be a possibility that Tony is preparing the way for a massive sale and desires his loyal directors to be compensated somewhat for their unstinting support. Let's face it - with a cleaner set of books, one of the most modern and impressive grounds in the country and now a training complex to match - we ARE a very attractive proposition, especially to one of these foreign buyers who have the wherewithal to truly take the club into the real heights of the footballing echelon. Something which, I doubt that Tony has despite his fantastic contribution thus far. In the real big time his investment so far would probably equal a few top class players transfer fees and salaries combined. So I think it's unlikely he could match some of these mega owners who are coming into our game these days. He's an intelligent guy. He is aware that the fan base has had its taste buds tickled and now desire more and more player investment in search of the big time. If the murmurs of discontent at the way that part of the club is bring run gather momentum, would Tony Bloom and his family have the interest to listen to all of that or would he be influenced to consider relaxing on the sunny shores of Australia having left an amazing legacy forever. Just a thought. What I do know is that whenever there is a share movement - it generally means something is going on! Time will tell. WisdomSpeaks
  • Score: 4

6:58pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

Yet still no proper signings being made, not good enough.
Yet still no proper signings being made, not good enough. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -7

8:18pm Fri 8 Aug 14

mark by the sea says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Newhavenles wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj
Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...
God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double
Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Newhavenles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?[/p][/quote]I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj[/p][/quote]Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...[/p][/quote]God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 ) mark by the sea
  • Score: 1

9:39pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Newhavenles wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj
Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...
God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double
Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )
Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense?

Always willing to spend other people's money...
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Newhavenles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?[/p][/quote]I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj[/p][/quote]Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...[/p][/quote]God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )[/p][/quote]Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense? Always willing to spend other people's money... Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 3

9:53pm Fri 8 Aug 14

mark by the sea says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Newhavenles wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj
Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...
God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double
Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )
Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense?

Always willing to spend other people's money...
Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!!
What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard?
Are you going tomo?
FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Newhavenles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?[/p][/quote]I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj[/p][/quote]Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...[/p][/quote]God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )[/p][/quote]Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense? Always willing to spend other people's money...[/p][/quote]Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!! What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard? Are you going tomo? FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp mark by the sea
  • Score: -3

11:16pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Newhavenles wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj
Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...
God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double
Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )
Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense?

Always willing to spend other people's money...
Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!!
What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard?
Are you going tomo?
FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp
Ah, I wondered when you'd use that hackneyed and inaccurate argument. You really do have nothing else, do you? Do I have to explain YET AGAIN that sometimes I come over specifically for matches (at not inconsiderable expense) and at other times I reside here for several weeks?

Yes, I'm going tomorrow (East Stand Lower) and I will cheer myself hoarse as I always do. I'm going to the next three of the next four home games too, two of which will be in the 1901 Club. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player and will buy a pie and an overpriced pint at each game. None of which is either any of your business or relevant in any way to whether the club adheres to the FFP regulations. What a strange conflation of ideas.

You really are bizarre. You have a single argument - if in doubt pretend the other person doesn't attend and is therefore not a real fan - whether or not it has anything to do with the point raised. I genuinely now believe that you do not actually read any of the posts to which you reply. It is done solely on who has written it.
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Newhavenles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?[/p][/quote]I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj[/p][/quote]Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...[/p][/quote]God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )[/p][/quote]Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense? Always willing to spend other people's money...[/p][/quote]Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!! What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard? Are you going tomo? FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp[/p][/quote]Ah, I wondered when you'd use that hackneyed and inaccurate argument. You really do have nothing else, do you? Do I have to explain YET AGAIN that sometimes I come over specifically for matches (at not inconsiderable expense) and at other times I reside here for several weeks? Yes, I'm going tomorrow (East Stand Lower) and I will cheer myself hoarse as I always do. I'm going to the next three of the next four home games too, two of which will be in the 1901 Club. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player and will buy a pie and an overpriced pint at each game. None of which is either any of your business or relevant in any way to whether the club adheres to the FFP regulations. What a strange conflation of ideas. You really are bizarre. You have a single argument - if in doubt pretend the other person doesn't attend and is therefore not a real fan - whether or not it has anything to do with the point raised. I genuinely now believe that you do not actually read any of the posts to which you reply. It is done solely on who has written it. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 2

2:20am Sat 9 Aug 14

Claude Back says...

WisdomSpeaks wrote:
I think there is a very significant part of this story which maybe many have not considered and why The Argus have in fact run the story to 'fly a kite' as is done in journalism.

Experience of share holding movement in any company, and especially in football clubs, often is an early indication of a preparation for a sale.

Now I'm not saying that this is going to happen, the only people who could confirm or deny that, are those involved. There is no mention of these gentlemen also making substantial loans to the club which would maybe be a reason to demand a shareholding.

It seems strange because £5,000 each is peanuts to them and in the grand scale of the club's finances. An input of £20,000 is hardly going to help improve the playing squad or the balance sheet.

However, if there is an intention to market the club in the near future at a considerable profit, then these shares could increase in value quite considerably, thus benefitting the individuals involved.

I have wondered, with the tremendous commitment to cleaning up the balance sheet and improving the P & L account recently, whether or not a sale is in the medium term thinking of TB.

I'm in no way questioning his positive input into the club nor his genuine supporter status. Let's be pragmatic though. He is also a serious businessman who is focused on improving his financial situation in a variety of areas. He has a wife and family to consider and that wife is an Australian and they appear to favour living in Australia for the majority of the time. (Can't blame them for that!).

So could it be a possibility that Tony is preparing the way for a massive sale and desires his loyal directors to be compensated somewhat for their unstinting support.

Let's face it - with a cleaner set of books, one of the most modern and impressive grounds in the country and now a training complex to match - we ARE a very attractive proposition, especially to one of these foreign buyers who have the wherewithal to truly take the club into the real heights of the footballing echelon. Something which, I doubt that Tony has despite his fantastic contribution thus far. In the real big time his investment so far would probably equal a few top class players transfer fees and salaries combined. So I think it's unlikely he could match some of these mega owners who are coming into our game these days.

He's an intelligent guy. He is aware that the fan base has had its taste buds tickled and now desire more and more player investment in search of the big time. If the murmurs of discontent at the way that part of the club is bring run gather momentum, would Tony Bloom and his family have the interest to listen to all of that or would he be influenced to consider relaxing on the sunny shores of Australia having left an amazing legacy forever.

Just a thought. What I do know is that whenever there is a share movement - it generally means something is going on!

Time will tell.
It's true what you say about the shareholding making a profit from any potential forthcoming sale and a good point but they had to buy the shares also to comply with new Company Law.
It's also true that T.B. spends a lot of time in Australia but I wouldn't want to live there so I disagree with your comment about that. England is a far, far better country in which to live, geographically, culturally, historically, academically and even climatically. (I have relatives there btw.)
However, I do agree that a sale of the Club could be forthcoming.
I think one of the reasons he has employed 'B & B' is so he can delegate most of the running when he is in Australia. Something which, like you I believe, has always made me uneasy.
[quote][p][bold]WisdomSpeaks[/bold] wrote: I think there is a very significant part of this story which maybe many have not considered and why The Argus have in fact run the story to 'fly a kite' as is done in journalism. Experience of share holding movement in any company, and especially in football clubs, often is an early indication of a preparation for a sale. Now I'm not saying that this is going to happen, the only people who could confirm or deny that, are those involved. There is no mention of these gentlemen also making substantial loans to the club which would maybe be a reason to demand a shareholding. It seems strange because £5,000 each is peanuts to them and in the grand scale of the club's finances. An input of £20,000 is hardly going to help improve the playing squad or the balance sheet. However, if there is an intention to market the club in the near future at a considerable profit, then these shares could increase in value quite considerably, thus benefitting the individuals involved. I have wondered, with the tremendous commitment to cleaning up the balance sheet and improving the P & L account recently, whether or not a sale is in the medium term thinking of TB. I'm in no way questioning his positive input into the club nor his genuine supporter status. Let's be pragmatic though. He is also a serious businessman who is focused on improving his financial situation in a variety of areas. He has a wife and family to consider and that wife is an Australian and they appear to favour living in Australia for the majority of the time. (Can't blame them for that!). So could it be a possibility that Tony is preparing the way for a massive sale and desires his loyal directors to be compensated somewhat for their unstinting support. Let's face it - with a cleaner set of books, one of the most modern and impressive grounds in the country and now a training complex to match - we ARE a very attractive proposition, especially to one of these foreign buyers who have the wherewithal to truly take the club into the real heights of the footballing echelon. Something which, I doubt that Tony has despite his fantastic contribution thus far. In the real big time his investment so far would probably equal a few top class players transfer fees and salaries combined. So I think it's unlikely he could match some of these mega owners who are coming into our game these days. He's an intelligent guy. He is aware that the fan base has had its taste buds tickled and now desire more and more player investment in search of the big time. If the murmurs of discontent at the way that part of the club is bring run gather momentum, would Tony Bloom and his family have the interest to listen to all of that or would he be influenced to consider relaxing on the sunny shores of Australia having left an amazing legacy forever. Just a thought. What I do know is that whenever there is a share movement - it generally means something is going on! Time will tell.[/p][/quote]It's true what you say about the shareholding making a profit from any potential forthcoming sale and a good point but they had to buy the shares also to comply with new Company Law. It's also true that T.B. spends a lot of time in Australia but I wouldn't want to live there so I disagree with your comment about that. England is a far, far better country in which to live, geographically, culturally, historically, academically and even climatically. (I have relatives there btw.) However, I do agree that a sale of the Club could be forthcoming. I think one of the reasons he has employed 'B & B' is so he can delegate most of the running when he is in Australia. Something which, like you I believe, has always made me uneasy. Claude Back
  • Score: 4

4:11am Sat 9 Aug 14

albionbloke says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Newhavenles wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj
Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...
God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double
Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )
Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense?

Always willing to spend other people's money...
Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!!
What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard?
Are you going tomo?
FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp
Ah, I wondered when you'd use that hackneyed and inaccurate argument. You really do have nothing else, do you? Do I have to explain YET AGAIN that sometimes I come over specifically for matches (at not inconsiderable expense) and at other times I reside here for several weeks?

Yes, I'm going tomorrow (East Stand Lower) and I will cheer myself hoarse as I always do. I'm going to the next three of the next four home games too, two of which will be in the 1901 Club. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player and will buy a pie and an overpriced pint at each game. None of which is either any of your business or relevant in any way to whether the club adheres to the FFP regulations. What a strange conflation of ideas.

You really are bizarre. You have a single argument - if in doubt pretend the other person doesn't attend and is therefore not a real fan - whether or not it has anything to do with the point raised. I genuinely now believe that you do not actually read any of the posts to which you reply. It is done solely on who has written it.
Nicely said Arnie.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Newhavenles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?[/p][/quote]I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj[/p][/quote]Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...[/p][/quote]God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )[/p][/quote]Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense? Always willing to spend other people's money...[/p][/quote]Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!! What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard? Are you going tomo? FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp[/p][/quote]Ah, I wondered when you'd use that hackneyed and inaccurate argument. You really do have nothing else, do you? Do I have to explain YET AGAIN that sometimes I come over specifically for matches (at not inconsiderable expense) and at other times I reside here for several weeks? Yes, I'm going tomorrow (East Stand Lower) and I will cheer myself hoarse as I always do. I'm going to the next three of the next four home games too, two of which will be in the 1901 Club. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player and will buy a pie and an overpriced pint at each game. None of which is either any of your business or relevant in any way to whether the club adheres to the FFP regulations. What a strange conflation of ideas. You really are bizarre. You have a single argument - if in doubt pretend the other person doesn't attend and is therefore not a real fan - whether or not it has anything to do with the point raised. I genuinely now believe that you do not actually read any of the posts to which you reply. It is done solely on who has written it.[/p][/quote]Nicely said Arnie. albionbloke
  • Score: 3

5:23am Sat 9 Aug 14

daughter-of-manag says...

albionbloke wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Newhavenles wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj
Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...
God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double
Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )
Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense?

Always willing to spend other people's money...
Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!!
What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard?
Are you going tomo?
FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp
Ah, I wondered when you'd use that hackneyed and inaccurate argument. You really do have nothing else, do you? Do I have to explain YET AGAIN that sometimes I come over specifically for matches (at not inconsiderable expense) and at other times I reside here for several weeks?

Yes, I'm going tomorrow (East Stand Lower) and I will cheer myself hoarse as I always do. I'm going to the next three of the next four home games too, two of which will be in the 1901 Club. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player and will buy a pie and an overpriced pint at each game. None of which is either any of your business or relevant in any way to whether the club adheres to the FFP regulations. What a strange conflation of ideas.

You really are bizarre. You have a single argument - if in doubt pretend the other person doesn't attend and is therefore not a real fan - whether or not it has anything to do with the point raised. I genuinely now believe that you do not actually read any of the posts to which you reply. It is done solely on who has written it.
Nicely said Arnie.
Good for you Arnie and well said!
[quote][p][bold]albionbloke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Newhavenles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?[/p][/quote]I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj[/p][/quote]Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...[/p][/quote]God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )[/p][/quote]Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense? Always willing to spend other people's money...[/p][/quote]Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!! What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard? Are you going tomo? FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp[/p][/quote]Ah, I wondered when you'd use that hackneyed and inaccurate argument. You really do have nothing else, do you? Do I have to explain YET AGAIN that sometimes I come over specifically for matches (at not inconsiderable expense) and at other times I reside here for several weeks? Yes, I'm going tomorrow (East Stand Lower) and I will cheer myself hoarse as I always do. I'm going to the next three of the next four home games too, two of which will be in the 1901 Club. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player and will buy a pie and an overpriced pint at each game. None of which is either any of your business or relevant in any way to whether the club adheres to the FFP regulations. What a strange conflation of ideas. You really are bizarre. You have a single argument - if in doubt pretend the other person doesn't attend and is therefore not a real fan - whether or not it has anything to do with the point raised. I genuinely now believe that you do not actually read any of the posts to which you reply. It is done solely on who has written it.[/p][/quote]Nicely said Arnie.[/p][/quote]Good for you Arnie and well said! daughter-of-manag
  • Score: 0

5:33am Sat 9 Aug 14

mark by the sea says...

daughter-of-manag wrote:
albionbloke wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Newhavenles wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj
Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...
God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double
Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )
Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense?

Always willing to spend other people's money...
Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!!
What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard?
Are you going tomo?
FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp
Ah, I wondered when you'd use that hackneyed and inaccurate argument. You really do have nothing else, do you? Do I have to explain YET AGAIN that sometimes I come over specifically for matches (at not inconsiderable expense) and at other times I reside here for several weeks?

Yes, I'm going tomorrow (East Stand Lower) and I will cheer myself hoarse as I always do. I'm going to the next three of the next four home games too, two of which will be in the 1901 Club. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player and will buy a pie and an overpriced pint at each game. None of which is either any of your business or relevant in any way to whether the club adheres to the FFP regulations. What a strange conflation of ideas.

You really are bizarre. You have a single argument - if in doubt pretend the other person doesn't attend and is therefore not a real fan - whether or not it has anything to do with the point raised. I genuinely now believe that you do not actually read any of the posts to which you reply. It is done solely on who has written it.
Nicely said Arnie.
Good for you Arnie and well said!
There has been zero real investment in side, no improvement on the squad whatsoever,
We have reduced our wage bill collected 12 million from sales,
This is why the season tickets are down 10% any other suit would be sacked for that performance , but you roll out FFP simply as the only defence for poor management.
[quote][p][bold]daughter-of-manag[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albionbloke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Newhavenles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?[/p][/quote]I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj[/p][/quote]Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...[/p][/quote]God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )[/p][/quote]Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense? Always willing to spend other people's money...[/p][/quote]Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!! What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard? Are you going tomo? FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp[/p][/quote]Ah, I wondered when you'd use that hackneyed and inaccurate argument. You really do have nothing else, do you? Do I have to explain YET AGAIN that sometimes I come over specifically for matches (at not inconsiderable expense) and at other times I reside here for several weeks? Yes, I'm going tomorrow (East Stand Lower) and I will cheer myself hoarse as I always do. I'm going to the next three of the next four home games too, two of which will be in the 1901 Club. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player and will buy a pie and an overpriced pint at each game. None of which is either any of your business or relevant in any way to whether the club adheres to the FFP regulations. What a strange conflation of ideas. You really are bizarre. You have a single argument - if in doubt pretend the other person doesn't attend and is therefore not a real fan - whether or not it has anything to do with the point raised. I genuinely now believe that you do not actually read any of the posts to which you reply. It is done solely on who has written it.[/p][/quote]Nicely said Arnie.[/p][/quote]Good for you Arnie and well said![/p][/quote]There has been zero real investment in side, no improvement on the squad whatsoever, We have reduced our wage bill collected 12 million from sales, This is why the season tickets are down 10% any other suit would be sacked for that performance , but you roll out FFP simply as the only defence for poor management. mark by the sea
  • Score: -2

5:33am Sat 9 Aug 14

mark by the sea says...

daughter-of-manag wrote:
albionbloke wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Newhavenles wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mikeygit wrote:
Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!!
When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?
I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj
Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...
God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double
Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )
Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense?

Always willing to spend other people's money...
Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!!
What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard?
Are you going tomo?
FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp
Ah, I wondered when you'd use that hackneyed and inaccurate argument. You really do have nothing else, do you? Do I have to explain YET AGAIN that sometimes I come over specifically for matches (at not inconsiderable expense) and at other times I reside here for several weeks?

Yes, I'm going tomorrow (East Stand Lower) and I will cheer myself hoarse as I always do. I'm going to the next three of the next four home games too, two of which will be in the 1901 Club. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player and will buy a pie and an overpriced pint at each game. None of which is either any of your business or relevant in any way to whether the club adheres to the FFP regulations. What a strange conflation of ideas.

You really are bizarre. You have a single argument - if in doubt pretend the other person doesn't attend and is therefore not a real fan - whether or not it has anything to do with the point raised. I genuinely now believe that you do not actually read any of the posts to which you reply. It is done solely on who has written it.
Nicely said Arnie.
Good for you Arnie and well said!
There has been zero real investment in side, no improvement on the squad whatsoever,
We have reduced our wage bill collected 12 million from sales,
This is why the season tickets are down 10% any other suit would be sacked for that performance , but you roll out FFP simply as the only defence for poor management.
[quote][p][bold]daughter-of-manag[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albionbloke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Newhavenles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Argus--when IS this mind blowing news going to stop--I cannot keep up!!! I mean for FOUR directors to invest 5000 in the club must have made a big dent in their finances!! Get real Argus you are talking to grass root fans!!![/p][/quote]When is the whining going to stop? You knew what the story was about before reading it - the headline is a giveaway - so why waste your time clicking through when it must've been obvious you weren't going to find it interesting?[/p][/quote]I like many others were epectiing them to at least put in enough to buy some decent playersj[/p][/quote]Has FFP completely passed you by? I'm sure it's been mentioned here before...[/p][/quote]God tell us about FFP , is it that different to 20 other sides, FFP is a smoke and mirror job, we were told a break even point of 12000 at thevamex prior to opening, we now hit double Defeat tomo and the winds of dissent will come! ( exodus 4/ 24 )[/p][/quote]Smoke and mirrors... yeah, that's what it is... smoke and mirrors. Other than being a legally binding contract signed by all parties who did so in full avail of the facts. The fact that some short-sighted teams are not adhering to it and are not only opening themselves up to serious sanction but indeed gambling their very futures is their lookout and their risk alone. I for one am genuinely and deeply grateful that our club is being run in a far more professional way. The club has already been bitten once, so being twice shy surely makes sense? Always willing to spend other people's money...[/p][/quote]Yes but your not parting with cash up front are you? Another keyboard fan!! What exactly does your support do from behind your keyboard? Are you going tomo? FFP is a fine line , we have 12 million in sales and you bang on about ffp[/p][/quote]Ah, I wondered when you'd use that hackneyed and inaccurate argument. You really do have nothing else, do you? Do I have to explain YET AGAIN that sometimes I come over specifically for matches (at not inconsiderable expense) and at other times I reside here for several weeks? Yes, I'm going tomorrow (East Stand Lower) and I will cheer myself hoarse as I always do. I'm going to the next three of the next four home games too, two of which will be in the 1901 Club. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player and will buy a pie and an overpriced pint at each game. None of which is either any of your business or relevant in any way to whether the club adheres to the FFP regulations. What a strange conflation of ideas. You really are bizarre. You have a single argument - if in doubt pretend the other person doesn't attend and is therefore not a real fan - whether or not it has anything to do with the point raised. I genuinely now believe that you do not actually read any of the posts to which you reply. It is done solely on who has written it.[/p][/quote]Nicely said Arnie.[/p][/quote]Good for you Arnie and well said![/p][/quote]There has been zero real investment in side, no improvement on the squad whatsoever, We have reduced our wage bill collected 12 million from sales, This is why the season tickets are down 10% any other suit would be sacked for that performance , but you roll out FFP simply as the only defence for poor management. mark by the sea
  • Score: -1

11:36am Sat 9 Aug 14

AlastairWatts says...

£5,000 each: big deal. I'm pretty sure that if shares were offered to the fans there'd be a huge take up, for a huge amount more than this paltry £20,000. I don't for a minute suggest that TB should give up control, but there are a great many of us out here who would relish a stake in the club...

Funny thing though: it wasn't until long after he'd 'resigned' and he got round to writing his book that Dick Knight would contemplate this, so maybe the thought of facing shareholders is something that makes all football club chairmen back away. Nevertheless, it seems to work for the big Spanish clubs.
£5,000 each: big deal. I'm pretty sure that if shares were offered to the fans there'd be a huge take up, for a huge amount more than this paltry £20,000. I don't for a minute suggest that TB should give up control, but there are a great many of us out here who would relish a stake in the club... Funny thing though: it wasn't until long after he'd 'resigned' and he got round to writing his book that Dick Knight would contemplate this, so maybe the thought of facing shareholders is something that makes all football club chairmen back away. Nevertheless, it seems to work for the big Spanish clubs. AlastairWatts
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree