Albion have handed four players debut against Sheffield Wednesday – including young striker Shamir Fenelon.
The former youth-teamer has enjoyed a bright pre-season and supports new boy Chris O’Grady against the Owls today.
David Stockdale and Aaron Hughes complete the quartet of debutants.
Inigo Calderon stands in at left-back, as he did in the opener at Leeds last season.
Solly March, who underwent a fitness test earlier this afternoon, is not in the 18.
There was also a late change of sub goalkeeper for the Seagulls with Christian Walton replacing Casper Ankergren.
Albion: Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Hughes, Calderon; Forster-Caskey, Ince, Crofts; LuaLua, Fenelon, O'Grady. Subs: Walton, Toko, Buckley, Agustien, Dunk, Mackail-Smith, Chicksen
- Wing wizard Knockaert crowned Albion player of the season
- Knockaert is Albion player of the season. See who won what and re-live a glittering night at the Amex
- Players could surprise Albion boss Hughton in the Prem
- Party was an eye-opener for Sidwell - and the Premier League might be for colleagues
- Albion still have five cracks at winning the title