Albion have handed four players debut against Sheffield Wednesday – including young striker Shamir Fenelon.
The former youth-teamer has enjoyed a bright pre-season and supports new boy Chris O’Grady against the Owls today.
David Stockdale and Aaron Hughes complete the quartet of debutants.
Inigo Calderon stands in at left-back, as he did in the opener at Leeds last season.
Solly March, who underwent a fitness test earlier this afternoon, is not in the 18.
There was also a late change of sub goalkeeper for the Seagulls with Christian Walton replacing Casper Ankergren.
Albion: Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Hughes, Calderon; Forster-Caskey, Ince, Crofts; LuaLua, Fenelon, O'Grady. Subs: Walton, Toko, Buckley, Agustien, Dunk, Mackail-Smith, Chicksen
- Knockaert hails Albion penalty hero Stockdale after dramatic win
- Albion boss Hughton praises team's character and quality
- Two-goal Knockaert, plus Stockdale penalty save, send Seagulls back to top spot. How we reported the action
- Albion captain ruled out of crunch promotion clash at the Amex
- Testing times but Skalak is still putting in a shift, says his boss