Will Buckley could be the next Albion star to secure a move to the Premier League, according to reports tonight.
The winger is said to be attracting strong interest from Sunderland and West Brom.
Sunderland, managed by Buckley’s former boss Gus Poyet, are reported to have offered about £2.5million for his services.
Poyet signed Buckley for £1million from Watford a little more than three years ago.
Buckley was only on the bench for the Seagulls when they lost to Sheffield Wednesday yesterday, despite the late withdrawal of Solly March with a back problem.
Albion stars Matt Upson and Leo Ulloa both moved into the top flight by signing for Leicester during the close season.
- Triple tonic for Albion as defensive injury crisis clears
- Championship countdown: No easy matches for Albion says Hughton
- Giants could lend Seagulls a helping hand in promotion race
- Reaching Premier League is just the start for ambitious Albion owner
- Sussex move quickly to tie down hot prospect for another year