Albion are up and running under Sami Hyypia – thanks to a first senior goal from Lewis Dunk and a bit of spark off the bench from Kazenga LuaLua.
LuaLua, a 68th minute substitute was involved in both goals as the Seagulls beat dogged Cheltenham 2-0 in the Capital One Cup.
He won and took the corner from which Dunk headed home Inigo Calderon’s precise cross for the 79th-minute opener.
Then LuaLua slid the ball through for Craig Mackail-Smith to add a 90th-minute second.
Albion got better as the tie wore on but looked to be heading for an evening of frustration as Dunk and Chris O’Grady headed over and Kemy Agustien failed to convert a one-on-one cleverly created by O’Grady’s pass.
- Albion defender Rosenior determined to overcome the managerial odds
- Rosenior reckons Albion have the perfect blend to clinch promotion
- Davis backs injury-hit Sussex to be fit and firing for start of new season
- Albion striker Hemed responds to Israel ban
- More clean sheet joy with England for Albion defender Tomori