Sami Hyypia praised Albion’s patience as they overcame a cup hurdle.
The Seagulls scored twice in the last 11 minutes to see off Cheltenham 2-0 in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
Hyypia said: “I thought before the game we needed to be patient.
"We needed to keep the ball moving for the whole 90 minutes and keep concentrating.
“Patience is what we needed because it’s never easy to play these games.
“An early goal would have eased things a little.
“When it’s 0-0 you have to be patient and make sure you don’t concede anything.”
- Ledesma could get longer to show Albion what he can do
- Hughton believes there is more to come from Kayal
- Halford back in the frame for Albion
- Agent launches appeal against FA punishment over handling of Stephens' move to Albion
- Hughton: Play there again, Sam