Sami Hyypia praised Albion’s patience as they overcame a cup hurdle.
The Seagulls scored twice in the last 11 minutes to see off Cheltenham 2-0 in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
Hyypia said: “I thought before the game we needed to be patient.
"We needed to keep the ball moving for the whole 90 minutes and keep concentrating.
“Patience is what we needed because it’s never easy to play these games.
“An early goal would have eased things a little.
“When it’s 0-0 you have to be patient and make sure you don’t concede anything.”
- Albion Analysis: Forget the striker they have not got, enjoy the one they have
- Albion's French ace has Premier League quality
- Hughton hopeful on Kayal as Albion plan for away trips
- Convincing - but Hughton believes Albion could have scored more
- Albion 2 Barnsley 0: How we reported the action live from the Amex