Sami Hyypia praised Albion’s patience as they overcame a cup hurdle.
The Seagulls scored twice in the last 11 minutes to see off Cheltenham 2-0 in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
Hyypia said: “I thought before the game we needed to be patient.
"We needed to keep the ball moving for the whole 90 minutes and keep concentrating.
“Patience is what we needed because it’s never easy to play these games.
“An early goal would have eased things a little.
“When it’s 0-0 you have to be patient and make sure you don’t concede anything.”
- Toko left Albion without a pay-off
- Kayal is aiming for the top with Albion
- Hughton happy with his business in transfer window
- Albion seal Kayal deal with visa
- Albion boss reveals O'Grady is going nowhere