Sami Hyypia praised Albion’s patience as they overcame a cup hurdle.
The Seagulls scored twice in the last 11 minutes to see off Cheltenham 2-0 in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
Hyypia said: “I thought before the game we needed to be patient.
"We needed to keep the ball moving for the whole 90 minutes and keep concentrating.
“Patience is what we needed because it’s never easy to play these games.
“An early goal would have eased things a little.
“When it’s 0-0 you have to be patient and make sure you don’t concede anything.”
- Bruno always kept faith - playing for his best manager and that exotic 4-4-2
- Double injury boost for Albion for the promotion run-in
- Albion need 11 leaders to achieve dream, says skipper Bruno
- Stockdale happy to put future with Albion on backburner to focus on promotion
- Anyon appointed head coach of Sussex Women