Sami Hyypia praised Albion’s patience as they overcame a cup hurdle.
The Seagulls scored twice in the last 11 minutes to see off Cheltenham 2-0 in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
Hyypia said: “I thought before the game we needed to be patient.
"We needed to keep the ball moving for the whole 90 minutes and keep concentrating.
“Patience is what we needed because it’s never easy to play these games.
“An early goal would have eased things a little.
“When it’s 0-0 you have to be patient and make sure you don’t concede anything.”
- Albion sign Chelsea starlet to boost defensive cover for promotion push
- Rosenior steps up comeback as Albion under-23s lose to Forest
- Updated: Albion lose appeal against Glenn Murray's red card
- Albion No.1 shares the credit for his penalty heroics
- Poyet: I'd be delighted to see Albion go up - and complete the story we started