Sami Hyypia praised Albion’s patience as they overcame a cup hurdle.
The Seagulls scored twice in the last 11 minutes to see off Cheltenham 2-0 in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
Hyypia said: “I thought before the game we needed to be patient.
"We needed to keep the ball moving for the whole 90 minutes and keep concentrating.
“Patience is what we needed because it’s never easy to play these games.
“An early goal would have eased things a little.
“When it’s 0-0 you have to be patient and make sure you don’t concede anything.”
- Albion have reason for hope in race for Abraham
- No-brainer for Kewell as he talks about his ambition for Crawley
- Albion ace Knockaert blown away by Gayle in fans' poll
- No respite in the Premier League, warns former Albion No.1
- Video: Boy racer Brennan makes a big impact for Eagles - and fits in his revision