ALBION have taken former Barnsley playmaker Paddy McCourt on trial.
McCourt has been training with the Seagulls this week and is expected to feature in a development squad friendly at Southend today.
The 30-year-old Northern Ireland international caught the eye when he scored and ran the game for Barnsley in their 2-1 win at the Amex last season.
He was released after the Tykes were relegated and had to cut their wage bill.
Free agent McCourt will team up again with ex-Barnsley colleague Chris O'Grady if he does enough to earn a deal.
Boss Sami Hyypia will be hoping the former Celtic player can bring some midfield invention to his squad.
McCourt was in the crowd at the Amex last night to watch O'Grady and Albion defeat Cheltenham 2-0 in the Capital One Cup with second-half goals from Lewis Dunk and Craig Mackail-Smith.
- Poll result: Darren's the man for Albion
- Diarra lined up for Albion debut
- Albion chairman reassured Hyypia
- Bent not to blame for lack of goals
- Greer gives Albion boss his backing and blames the players for letting him down