ALBION have taken former Barnsley playmaker Paddy McCourt on trial.
McCourt has been training with the Seagulls this week and is expected to feature in a development squad friendly at Southend today.
The 30-year-old Northern Ireland international caught the eye when he scored and ran the game for Barnsley in their 2-1 win at the Amex last season.
He was released after the Tykes were relegated and had to cut their wage bill.
Free agent McCourt will team up again with ex-Barnsley colleague Chris O'Grady if he does enough to earn a deal.
Boss Sami Hyypia will be hoping the former Celtic player can bring some midfield invention to his squad.
McCourt was in the crowd at the Amex last night to watch O'Grady and Albion defeat Cheltenham 2-0 in the Capital One Cup with second-half goals from Lewis Dunk and Craig Mackail-Smith.
- Why 'the Trevor Brooking of Scotland' does not expect many Tartan stars to cross Albion's path next term
- Albion have reason for hope in race for Abraham
- Eubank wins in style on professional debut
- No-brainer for Kewell as he talks about his ambition for Crawley
- Albion ace Knockaert blown away by Gayle in fans' poll