Albion and Crawley must hit the road in the Capital One Cup.
It means a return to the venue where an unlikely double strike from Alan Navarro on his Swindon debut helped dump them out of the same competition two years ago.
Crawley were handed a first ever meeting with Championship new boys Norwich City. Reds will go to Carrow Road as reward for beating the Canaries’ arch rivals Ipswich.
The second-round ties will be played in the week commencing August 25.
Albion have already started off their build-up to the second round of Championship action.
The Seagulls go to Birmingham City on Saturday relieved they did not have to play extra-time in Tuesday’s 2-0 cup win over Cheltenham.
Boss Sami Hyypia said: “I was hoping we wouldn’t need to play 120 minutes.
“That was the main thing in my mind. We haven’t got the numbers in the squad to rotate for Saturday.
“Playing 120 minutes would have been very bad for preparation.”
- Albion midfielder Sidwell wants new deal
- Talking Point: Hughton deserves to be Albion manager still in August 2018
- Wing wizard Knockaert crowned Albion player of the season
- Knockaert is Albion player of the season. See who won what and re-live a glittering night at the Amex
- Players could surprise Albion boss Hughton in the Prem