Thumbs up for Ward return from former Albion defender

Adam Virgo (right)

Adam Virgo (right)

First published in Sport by , Chief sports reporter

Albion's looming recapture of left-back Stephen Ward has been hailed by the club's former defender Adam Virgo.

But Virgo believes the Seagulls still need at least five more signings to be competitive in the Championship this season.

Former loan signing Ward is on the verge of completing a permanent move back to the Amex after Albion finally agreed a fee with Wolves.

Virgo, who summarises on Albion matches for BBC Radio Sussex, tweeted: "Ward will be a good signing again. You know what you get with him but still need 5 players minimum to compete this season."

Comments (49)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:32pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Lawro was God says...

So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.
So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me. Lawro was God
  • Score: 33

4:34pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Sheil says...

Oh good....well that's one bit of good news! At least we know he's a committed player + those that are left know what a good example he is.

Hopefully this will please some doom & gloomers!

As I said yesterday "KEEP THE FAITH".

UTA
Oh good....well that's one bit of good news! At least we know he's a committed player + those that are left know what a good example he is. Hopefully this will please some doom & gloomers! As I said yesterday "KEEP THE FAITH". UTA Sheil
  • Score: 21

4:39pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Yorkieseagull says...

I like the way this club does business. We don't air dirty linen in public, we don't deliberately associate ourselves with rumours or speculation, we don't promise what we cannot deliver. It's a business, it's not FIFA Manager and we have some (expensive) talent in the background doing what they are paid to do. Ulloa & Buckley move on, good for them but better for us long-term. Ward will be one of our better signings this season but I'm sure there will be more before end of August. Having said that, the concourse catering is a shambles.
I like the way this club does business. We don't air dirty linen in public, we don't deliberately associate ourselves with rumours or speculation, we don't promise what we cannot deliver. It's a business, it's not FIFA Manager and we have some (expensive) talent in the background doing what they are paid to do. Ulloa & Buckley move on, good for them but better for us long-term. Ward will be one of our better signings this season but I'm sure there will be more before end of August. Having said that, the concourse catering is a shambles. Yorkieseagull
  • Score: 35

4:54pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Mancgulled says...

Good! I said Becchio, Ward & Mr Lomers excellent choice of Clayton -- still a chance of 2 out of 3 then!!
Good! I said Becchio, Ward & Mr Lomers excellent choice of Clayton -- still a chance of 2 out of 3 then!! Mancgulled
  • Score: -4

4:55pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Aye Aye says...

Lawro was God wrote:
So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.
Refreshing to read a positive spin on all this - thumbs up from me LwG.
[quote][p][bold]Lawro was God[/bold] wrote: So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.[/p][/quote]Refreshing to read a positive spin on all this - thumbs up from me LwG. Aye Aye
  • Score: 17

4:59pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Mark Dixon says...

Mr. Virgo, is he part of the Albion set up now, this is the second time he has had his thoughts published.
Mr. Virgo, is he part of the Albion set up now, this is the second time he has had his thoughts published. Mark Dixon
  • Score: -6

5:03pm Thu 14 Aug 14

TheWerewolf says...

Lawro was God wrote:
So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.
agreed....
[quote][p][bold]Lawro was God[/bold] wrote: So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.[/p][/quote]agreed.... TheWerewolf
  • Score: 3

5:06pm Thu 14 Aug 14

AGT999 says...

There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract. AGT999
  • Score: -4

5:07pm Thu 14 Aug 14

mikeygit says...

If this comes off then I am very pleased---surely we cannot be let down again. Is Becchio on our radar??
If this comes off then I am very pleased---surely we cannot be let down again. Is Becchio on our radar?? mikeygit
  • Score: -9

5:14pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Rhodes Seagull says...

We have been commenting on the out's from the club without a word from people like Adam Virgo, now we look like we are going to sign a player he pops up out of nowhere, where was he over the last weeks when we where getting a little frustrated over the lack of signings?
These kind of people only seem to rise when they think they can give a better opinion than the rest of us! Me, I would rather read comments from supporters/Fans like you lot on here, at least you say it straight all the time not just when you think it may get you noticed.
We have been commenting on the out's from the club without a word from people like Adam Virgo, now we look like we are going to sign a player he pops up out of nowhere, where was he over the last weeks when we where getting a little frustrated over the lack of signings? These kind of people only seem to rise when they think they can give a better opinion than the rest of us! Me, I would rather read comments from supporters/Fans like you lot on here, at least you say it straight all the time not just when you think it may get you noticed. Rhodes Seagull
  • Score: -12

5:30pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Piglet1 says...

The first of the new signings and a good one at that. Patience and trust.
The first of the new signings and a good one at that. Patience and trust. Piglet1
  • Score: 7

5:31pm Thu 14 Aug 14

mikeygit says...

Why the thumbs down?? It is TRUE but hopefully we will get Ward back!! Yep Upson on the treatment table already at Leicester plus surgery to come, Bad Luck Leicester and Upson!!
Why the thumbs down?? It is TRUE but hopefully we will get Ward back!! Yep Upson on the treatment table already at Leicester plus surgery to come, Bad Luck Leicester and Upson!! mikeygit
  • Score: 3

5:47pm Thu 14 Aug 14

JeffLomer says...

Word has it along the road at palace pulis is having showdown talks with parish, pulis meant to be unhappy with lack off funds for new players, he could walk before premiership starts on Saturday,
Hope so mugs!!
Up the Albion!!
Word has it along the road at palace pulis is having showdown talks with parish, pulis meant to be unhappy with lack off funds for new players, he could walk before premiership starts on Saturday, Hope so mugs!! Up the Albion!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 5

5:48pm Thu 14 Aug 14

AGT999 says...

AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
[quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently. AGT999
  • Score: -13

5:56pm Thu 14 Aug 14

TexasSeagull says...

Lawro was God wrote:
So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.
Hurrah! Finally someone with some common sense along with a realistic and positive view of what's happening.

And honestly, I'm not even sure we need a centre back.
[quote][p][bold]Lawro was God[/bold] wrote: So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.[/p][/quote]Hurrah! Finally someone with some common sense along with a realistic and positive view of what's happening. And honestly, I'm not even sure we need a centre back. TexasSeagull
  • Score: 8

5:56pm Thu 14 Aug 14

don't wanna do it like that says...

Does the word SKINTmean ward knows that's what he would be at the end of the season NOBODY wanted(interested) in him.

Hope he is not a one(hit)year wonder.All the eyes are upon him now.
Does the word SKINTmean ward knows that's what he would be at the end of the season NOBODY wanted(interested) in him. Hope he is not a one(hit)year wonder.All the eyes are upon him now. don't wanna do it like that
  • Score: -15

5:59pm Thu 14 Aug 14

VegasSeagull says...

AGT999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them.

Hi bro.
[quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.[/p][/quote]because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them. Hi bro. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 1

6:06pm Thu 14 Aug 14

JeffLomer says...

AGT999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
Because the don't like good or positive posts, they won't change!!
Keep posting mate!!
Up the Albion!!
[quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.[/p][/quote]Because the don't like good or positive posts, they won't change!! Keep posting mate!! Up the Albion!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 0

6:08pm Thu 14 Aug 14

the taffster says...

Lawro was God wrote:
So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.
Playmaker is paddy McCourt..striker tom pope...centre back mark lawrenson
[quote][p][bold]Lawro was God[/bold] wrote: So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.[/p][/quote]Playmaker is paddy McCourt..striker tom pope...centre back mark lawrenson the taffster
  • Score: -5

6:13pm Thu 14 Aug 14

don't wanna do it like that says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them.

Hi bro.
Thumbs down are given by posters who have a good working pc mouse.
How much would have TB spend vegas,you are not a happy gardener.

My maths is not good but i think with the last sale Albion are now 0m in the red,so now the club has to start running itself.

DICK KNIGHT took the club as far as he could,TB might now have figured out he is at that level.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.[/p][/quote]because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them. Hi bro.[/p][/quote]Thumbs down are given by posters who have a good working pc mouse. How much would have TB spend vegas,you are not a happy gardener. My maths is not good but i think with the last sale Albion are now 0m in the red,so now the club has to start running itself. DICK KNIGHT took the club as far as he could,TB might now have figured out he is at that level. don't wanna do it like that
  • Score: -6

6:21pm Thu 14 Aug 14

AlfieT says...

Lawro was God wrote:
So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.
Agree with this, defence and keepers all good, happy with that. Midfield with McCourt looks half decent, perhaps one more, biggest area of concern is up front, need another three there, perhaps Lingard will be one of them. Would love big Glen back, best LFL replacement for Leo.
[quote][p][bold]Lawro was God[/bold] wrote: So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.[/p][/quote]Agree with this, defence and keepers all good, happy with that. Midfield with McCourt looks half decent, perhaps one more, biggest area of concern is up front, need another three there, perhaps Lingard will be one of them. Would love big Glen back, best LFL replacement for Leo. AlfieT
  • Score: 1

6:28pm Thu 14 Aug 14

AGT999 says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them.

Hi bro.
Hi bruv, I'm still confused but hey ho.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.[/p][/quote]because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them. Hi bro.[/p][/quote]Hi bruv, I'm still confused but hey ho. AGT999
  • Score: -2

6:29pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Aldrington Halt says...

Lawro was God wrote:
So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.
Like the optimism! Let's just see where we stand in two weeks, hopefully job done as you say Lawro! UTA
[quote][p][bold]Lawro was God[/bold] wrote: So we lose Upson and gain Hughes, Upson out for 3 months with injury. Got the better of that deal i think. Ward resigning and can go straight into the side. Losing Bucker not such a disaster with CMS Fit and Solly and Kaz flying. Just a playmaker , centre back and striker with two weeks to go and it's job done for me.[/p][/quote]Like the optimism! Let's just see where we stand in two weeks, hopefully job done as you say Lawro! UTA Aldrington Halt
  • Score: 1

6:29pm Thu 14 Aug 14

VegasSeagull says...

don't wanna do it like that wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them.

Hi bro.
Thumbs down are given by posters who have a good working pc mouse.
How much would have TB spend vegas,you are not a happy gardener.

My maths is not good but i think with the last sale Albion are now 0m in the red,so now the club has to start running itself.

DICK KNIGHT took the club as far as he could,TB might now have figured out he is at that level.
Not exactly sure I understand all of your comment, the second line has me slightly confused, are you asking how much do I htink Bloom needs to spend to get a decent squad?

The last part of your comment, are you suggesting that the sales we have made, now have us at break even regarding annual losses?
[quote][p][bold]don't wanna do it like that[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.[/p][/quote]because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them. Hi bro.[/p][/quote]Thumbs down are given by posters who have a good working pc mouse. How much would have TB spend vegas,you are not a happy gardener. My maths is not good but i think with the last sale Albion are now 0m in the red,so now the club has to start running itself. DICK KNIGHT took the club as far as he could,TB might now have figured out he is at that level.[/p][/quote]Not exactly sure I understand all of your comment, the second line has me slightly confused, are you asking how much do I htink Bloom needs to spend to get a decent squad? The last part of your comment, are you suggesting that the sales we have made, now have us at break even regarding annual losses? VegasSeagull
  • Score: -5

6:39pm Thu 14 Aug 14

the taffster says...

Sell Solly to saints then get him back on a season loan....everyone happy...
Sell Solly to saints then get him back on a season loan....everyone happy... the taffster
  • Score: -6

6:39pm Thu 14 Aug 14

don't wanna do it like that says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
don't wanna do it like that wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them.

Hi bro.
Thumbs down are given by posters who have a good working pc mouse.
How much would have TB spend vegas,you are not a happy gardener.

My maths is not good but i think with the last sale Albion are now 0m in the red,so now the club has to start running itself.

DICK KNIGHT took the club as far as he could,TB might now have figured out he is at that level.
Not exactly sure I understand all of your comment, the second line has me slightly confused, are you asking how much do I htink Bloom needs to spend to get a decent squad?

The last part of your comment, are you suggesting that the sales we have made, now have us at break even regarding annual losses?
Simple how much do you think TB needs to spend(get his wallet out),budget given to SH.

Albion are (were) nearly 15m down,for me that kind of makes it break even.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]don't wanna do it like that[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.[/p][/quote]because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them. Hi bro.[/p][/quote]Thumbs down are given by posters who have a good working pc mouse. How much would have TB spend vegas,you are not a happy gardener. My maths is not good but i think with the last sale Albion are now 0m in the red,so now the club has to start running itself. DICK KNIGHT took the club as far as he could,TB might now have figured out he is at that level.[/p][/quote]Not exactly sure I understand all of your comment, the second line has me slightly confused, are you asking how much do I htink Bloom needs to spend to get a decent squad? The last part of your comment, are you suggesting that the sales we have made, now have us at break even regarding annual losses?[/p][/quote]Simple how much do you think TB needs to spend(get his wallet out),budget given to SH. Albion are (were) nearly 15m down,for me that kind of makes it break even. don't wanna do it like that
  • Score: 2

6:48pm Thu 14 Aug 14

VegasSeagull says...

DWD
Well I am not up for spending too much in purchases this season, if we could pick up a decent midfield play maker for about 2 million, that would do for me on the buying front.
Borrow four players to fill the gaps in the squad and improve the starting eleven, I guess that could cost another 2 million in wages.

On your break even point, if by chance we don't spend too much and do wipe out our losses in one foul swoop, what money would we have to buy players for next season? 3 million is the max loss allowed by FFP, so we could spend 3 million even if that creates a debt.
DWD Well I am not up for spending too much in purchases this season, if we could pick up a decent midfield play maker for about 2 million, that would do for me on the buying front. Borrow four players to fill the gaps in the squad and improve the starting eleven, I guess that could cost another 2 million in wages. On your break even point, if by chance we don't spend too much and do wipe out our losses in one foul swoop, what money would we have to buy players for next season? 3 million is the max loss allowed by FFP, so we could spend 3 million even if that creates a debt. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

7:03pm Thu 14 Aug 14

don't wanna do it like that says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
DWD
Well I am not up for spending too much in purchases this season, if we could pick up a decent midfield play maker for about 2 million, that would do for me on the buying front.
Borrow four players to fill the gaps in the squad and improve the starting eleven, I guess that could cost another 2 million in wages.

On your break even point, if by chance we don't spend too much and do wipe out our losses in one foul swoop, what money would we have to buy players for next season? 3 million is the max loss allowed by FFP, so we could spend 3 million even if that creates a debt.
Agree but you are putting the onus on TB,does he want to do that,my dog knows he does not read this site but empty bums on seats might want him to fold(poker).

I do think,we don't wanna do it like that
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: DWD Well I am not up for spending too much in purchases this season, if we could pick up a decent midfield play maker for about 2 million, that would do for me on the buying front. Borrow four players to fill the gaps in the squad and improve the starting eleven, I guess that could cost another 2 million in wages. On your break even point, if by chance we don't spend too much and do wipe out our losses in one foul swoop, what money would we have to buy players for next season? 3 million is the max loss allowed by FFP, so we could spend 3 million even if that creates a debt.[/p][/quote]Agree but you are putting the onus on TB,does he want to do that,my dog knows he does not read this site but empty bums on seats might want him to fold(poker). I do think,we don't wanna do it like that don't wanna do it like that
  • Score: -2

7:18pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them.

Hi bro.
We've just earned about 15 million from all the sales, it's terrible that at least half that hasn't been spent on players. Forest have just spent 7 million on Zaha, they won't worry about FFP they want the premier league. Liverpool sold Suarez for 75 million and made sure they spent it on quality replacements. That's how you run a club, excite the fans at all times not send them into a coma.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.[/p][/quote]because you are advocating caution, remember there are those on here that would have us spend 15 million and go for promotion, caution doesn't work for them. Hi bro.[/p][/quote]We've just earned about 15 million from all the sales, it's terrible that at least half that hasn't been spent on players. Forest have just spent 7 million on Zaha, they won't worry about FFP they want the premier league. Liverpool sold Suarez for 75 million and made sure they spent it on quality replacements. That's how you run a club, excite the fans at all times not send them into a coma. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -11

7:33pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Your looking good dutch says...

7 million for Zaha. ****.
7 million for Zaha. ****. Your looking good dutch
  • Score: 1

7:37pm Thu 14 Aug 14

don't wanna do it like that says...

Have you seen,do you who the owners Liverpool --Forest are.

This is down south a broken down pier and of course the A27.
Have you seen,do you who the owners Liverpool --Forest are. This is down south a broken down pier and of course the A27. don't wanna do it like that
  • Score: -5

7:49pm Thu 14 Aug 14

don't wanna do it like that says...

don't wanna do it like that wrote:
Have you seen,do you who the owners Liverpool --Forest are.

This is down south a broken down pier and of course the A27.
This post was for mayfield
[quote][p][bold]don't wanna do it like that[/bold] wrote: Have you seen,do you who the owners Liverpool --Forest are. This is down south a broken down pier and of course the A27.[/p][/quote]This post was for mayfield don't wanna do it like that
  • Score: -2

8:03pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

don't wanna do it like that wrote:
don't wanna do it like that wrote:
Have you seen,do you who the owners Liverpool --Forest are.

This is down south a broken down pier and of course the A27.
This post was for mayfield
Rich owners yes but so is Bloom. However the money generated from the sale of players is used to fund replacements at forest and Liverpool. But not here, it's all very strange.
[quote][p][bold]don't wanna do it like that[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]don't wanna do it like that[/bold] wrote: Have you seen,do you who the owners Liverpool --Forest are. This is down south a broken down pier and of course the A27.[/p][/quote]This post was for mayfield[/p][/quote]Rich owners yes but so is Bloom. However the money generated from the sale of players is used to fund replacements at forest and Liverpool. But not here, it's all very strange. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -4

8:09pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Nobody important says...

I hope we sign Ward, he was quality for us last season both defending and attacking, I also like his passion and goal scoring record with us from last season is very good for a left back. Will probably fill a big hole in the squad.
I hope we sign Ward, he was quality for us last season both defending and attacking, I also like his passion and goal scoring record with us from last season is very good for a left back. Will probably fill a big hole in the squad. Nobody important
  • Score: 1

8:18pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Piglet1 says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
don't wanna do it like that wrote:
don't wanna do it like that wrote:
Have you seen,do you who the owners Liverpool --Forest are.

This is down south a broken down pier and of course the A27.
This post was for mayfield
Rich owners yes but so is Bloom. However the money generated from the sale of players is used to fund replacements at forest and Liverpool. But not here, it's all very strange.
Eastbourne are you talking about? You have transferred your loyalty remember and are not attending the Albion. You said it here.
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]don't wanna do it like that[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]don't wanna do it like that[/bold] wrote: Have you seen,do you who the owners Liverpool --Forest are. This is down south a broken down pier and of course the A27.[/p][/quote]This post was for mayfield[/p][/quote]Rich owners yes but so is Bloom. However the money generated from the sale of players is used to fund replacements at forest and Liverpool. But not here, it's all very strange.[/p][/quote]Eastbourne are you talking about? You have transferred your loyalty remember and are not attending the Albion. You said it here. Piglet1
  • Score: -1

8:25pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

Piglet1 wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
don't wanna do it like that wrote:
don't wanna do it like that wrote:
Have you seen,do you who the owners Liverpool --Forest are.

This is down south a broken down pier and of course the A27.
This post was for mayfield
Rich owners yes but so is Bloom. However the money generated from the sale of players is used to fund replacements at forest and Liverpool. But not here, it's all very strange.
Eastbourne are you talking about? You have transferred your loyalty remember and are not attending the Albion. You said it here.
Indeed but I'm still able to observe and comment though.
[quote][p][bold]Piglet1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]don't wanna do it like that[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]don't wanna do it like that[/bold] wrote: Have you seen,do you who the owners Liverpool --Forest are. This is down south a broken down pier and of course the A27.[/p][/quote]This post was for mayfield[/p][/quote]Rich owners yes but so is Bloom. However the money generated from the sale of players is used to fund replacements at forest and Liverpool. But not here, it's all very strange.[/p][/quote]Eastbourne are you talking about? You have transferred your loyalty remember and are not attending the Albion. You said it here.[/p][/quote]Indeed but I'm still able to observe and comment though. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -2

8:28pm Thu 14 Aug 14

WisdomSpeaks says...

AGT999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
Don't worry about it AGT999 - Other people's opinions of us, and what we write, is none of our business - it's theirs. One of the most important lessons of life is letting go of any attachment to the approval or good opinions of others. It's what we think of ourselves that's important!
[quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.[/p][/quote]Don't worry about it AGT999 - Other people's opinions of us, and what we write, is none of our business - it's theirs. One of the most important lessons of life is letting go of any attachment to the approval or good opinions of others. It's what we think of ourselves that's important! WisdomSpeaks
  • Score: -3

8:36pm Thu 14 Aug 14

raymondo999 says...

AGT999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
The reason for the thumbs down is that the majority of people here - remind me what proportion of the average gate do they represent - have no capacity for dealing with constructive criticism. Moreover they are so illiterate they can't write a response to your points....derrrrrr
[quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.[/p][/quote]The reason for the thumbs down is that the majority of people here - remind me what proportion of the average gate do they represent - have no capacity for dealing with constructive criticism. Moreover they are so illiterate they can't write a response to your points....derrrrrr raymondo999
  • Score: 0

8:37pm Thu 14 Aug 14

WisdomSpeaks says...

Will be very pleased to see Ward return to our ranks. A great professional and solid player who is particularly good at getting for ward and still able to defend properly.

Pleased to hear Tony Pullis is doing things right at Palace. Reading the article on BBC website it says that he is demanding to be the main man in anything to do with player recruitment.

Hope Sami follows suit!
Will be very pleased to see Ward return to our ranks. A great professional and solid player who is particularly good at getting for ward and still able to defend properly. Pleased to hear Tony Pullis is doing things right at Palace. Reading the article on BBC website it says that he is demanding to be the main man in anything to do with player recruitment. Hope Sami follows suit! WisdomSpeaks
  • Score: 3

9:11pm Thu 14 Aug 14

VegasSeagull says...

WisdomSpeaks wrote:
Will be very pleased to see Ward return to our ranks. A great professional and solid player who is particularly good at getting for ward and still able to defend properly.

Pleased to hear Tony Pullis is doing things right at Palace. Reading the article on BBC website it says that he is demanding to be the main man in anything to do with player recruitment.

Hope Sami follows suit!
If Pulis wants more say in obtaining, 'his,' earmarked targets, I can only think that he wants to offfer them better deals than his Chairman is offering. Pulis has not seen a few of his targets arrive, even tho a deal has been offered, he obviously feels that what was offered was not enough.
The thinking that Hyypia should take more control so that he can do a Poyet, offer what ever it takes to get the player, will see us go into even more debt that we currently have.
Pulis, like Hyypia, gets his chance to sell the club to the target, it would be crazy to think that their isn't any contact between target and manager once permission to talk has been given. If pulis and his Chairman are not getting deals completed why would Pulis have any more luck by going it alone, unless he plans to offer better deals.
[quote][p][bold]WisdomSpeaks[/bold] wrote: Will be very pleased to see Ward return to our ranks. A great professional and solid player who is particularly good at getting for ward and still able to defend properly. Pleased to hear Tony Pullis is doing things right at Palace. Reading the article on BBC website it says that he is demanding to be the main man in anything to do with player recruitment. Hope Sami follows suit![/p][/quote]If Pulis wants more say in obtaining, 'his,' earmarked targets, I can only think that he wants to offfer them better deals than his Chairman is offering. Pulis has not seen a few of his targets arrive, even tho a deal has been offered, he obviously feels that what was offered was not enough. The thinking that Hyypia should take more control so that he can do a Poyet, offer what ever it takes to get the player, will see us go into even more debt that we currently have. Pulis, like Hyypia, gets his chance to sell the club to the target, it would be crazy to think that their isn't any contact between target and manager once permission to talk has been given. If pulis and his Chairman are not getting deals completed why would Pulis have any more luck by going it alone, unless he plans to offer better deals. VegasSeagull
  • Score: -2

9:19pm Thu 14 Aug 14

impose our game gull says...

Fine at the back - good news re Ward. Middle and up front continues to be the need ....
Fine at the back - good news re Ward. Middle and up front continues to be the need .... impose our game gull
  • Score: -1

9:30pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Conelli98 says...

And we thought things were bad here...good decision Tony Pulis...you know it makes sense!
And we thought things were bad here...good decision Tony Pulis...you know it makes sense! Conelli98
  • Score: 2

9:35pm Thu 14 Aug 14

seagull52 says...

Ward gone to Burnley! Didn't turn up for medical today
Ward gone to Burnley! Didn't turn up for medical today seagull52
  • Score: 0

9:46pm Thu 14 Aug 14

albionbloke says...

seagull52 wrote:
Ward gone to Burnley! Didn't turn up for medical today
On it goes.....:(
[quote][p][bold]seagull52[/bold] wrote: Ward gone to Burnley! Didn't turn up for medical today[/p][/quote]On it goes.....:( albionbloke
  • Score: 1

9:50pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Conelli98 says...

Make that six players Adam!
Make that six players Adam! Conelli98
  • Score: 1

10:16pm Thu 14 Aug 14

albionfan33 says...

http://www.lancashir
etelegraph.co.uk/spo
rt/football/burnley_
fc/news/11411421.Bur
nley_make_move_for_I
rish_defender/?ref=m
ac it dont rain it pours
http://www.lancashir etelegraph.co.uk/spo rt/football/burnley_ fc/news/11411421.Bur nley_make_move_for_I rish_defender/?ref=m ac it dont rain it pours albionfan33
  • Score: 0

10:17pm Thu 14 Aug 14

albionfan33 says...

http://www.lancashir
etelegraph.co.uk/spo
rt/football/burnley_
fc/news/11411421.Bur
nley_make_move_for_I
rish_defender/?ref=m
ac it dont rain it pours
http://www.lancashir etelegraph.co.uk/spo rt/football/burnley_ fc/news/11411421.Bur nley_make_move_for_I rish_defender/?ref=m ac it dont rain it pours albionfan33
  • Score: 0

10:19pm Thu 14 Aug 14

AGT999 says...

raymondo999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.
Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.
The reason for the thumbs down is that the majority of people here - remind me what proportion of the average gate do they represent - have no capacity for dealing with constructive criticism. Moreover they are so illiterate they can't write a response to your points....derrrrrr
I won't say I told you so. We should always wait 'till we've got the signature. I still hopes he ends up at Brighton.
[quote][p][bold]raymondo999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: There have been too many false dawns recently, let's wait until the ink is dry on the contract.[/p][/quote]Can someone please explain the reason for the thumbs down for my comments. I very much want Ward to join us, I think he will be a great long term signing, I just don't want the disappointments we have experienced recently.[/p][/quote]The reason for the thumbs down is that the majority of people here - remind me what proportion of the average gate do they represent - have no capacity for dealing with constructive criticism. Moreover they are so illiterate they can't write a response to your points....derrrrrr[/p][/quote]I won't say I told you so. We should always wait 'till we've got the signature. I still hopes he ends up at Brighton. AGT999
  • Score: 2

10:25pm Thu 14 Aug 14

sussexram40 says...

Sheil wrote:
Oh good....well that's one bit of good news! At least we know he's a committed player + those that are left know what a good example he is.

Hopefully this will please some doom & gloomers!

As I said yesterday "KEEP THE FAITH".

UTA
??!!
[quote][p][bold]Sheil[/bold] wrote: Oh good....well that's one bit of good news! At least we know he's a committed player + those that are left know what a good example he is. Hopefully this will please some doom & gloomers! As I said yesterday "KEEP THE FAITH". UTA[/p][/quote]??!! sussexram40
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree