Albion target Stephen Ward last night admitted the lure of the Premier League was irresistible after signing a three-year deal at new boys Burnley.
Ward, who spent last term on loan with the Seagulls and looked poised to return, said: “I don’t think I could have picked a better place than Turf Moor and obviously to come to the Premier League is a massive pull as well.
“Once you get a taste of it you want to play as much Premier League football as you can.”
Meanwhile former Albion goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak is keeping sharp by training with Oldham Athletic.
- Bent: Bruno red changed the game
- Non-league round-up: Borough and Peacehaven stun leaders
- Hyypia: Albion deserved to win
- Ten-man Albion concede late equaliser at Wolves
- Holla recalled as Albion bid to end losing run