Albion target Stephen Ward last night admitted the lure of the Premier League was irresistible after signing a three-year deal at new boys Burnley.
Ward, who spent last term on loan with the Seagulls and looked poised to return, said: “I don’t think I could have picked a better place than Turf Moor and obviously to come to the Premier League is a massive pull as well.
“Once you get a taste of it you want to play as much Premier League football as you can.”
Meanwhile former Albion goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak is keeping sharp by training with Oldham Athletic.
- Walton named in England squad
- Albion miss out on midfield target
- Jordan cleared for county action with Sussex
- Jordan expected to hand Sussex Championship boost
- Learning fast - now Forster-Caskey is backed to make final Euro cut