Albion target Stephen Ward last night admitted the lure of the Premier League was irresistible after signing a three-year deal at new boys Burnley.
Ward, who spent last term on loan with the Seagulls and looked poised to return, said: “I don’t think I could have picked a better place than Turf Moor and obviously to come to the Premier League is a massive pull as well.
“Once you get a taste of it you want to play as much Premier League football as you can.”
Meanwhile former Albion goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak is keeping sharp by training with Oldham Athletic.
- Glory day for the Seagulls? Follow the build-up to Albion v Bristol City from the Amex
- Early arrivals wish Hughton well ahead of record-breaking occasion at the Amex
- Murray heading for history as Albion hunt the title at the Amex
- Albion hot-shot tipped to maintain prolific form in Premier League
- The stage is set for Albion to host title party