Albion’s early-season concerns deepened with a 1-0 defeat at Birmingham today.
Wes Thomas headed the only goal of an undistinguished contest on 52 minutes when he met David Cotterill’s tempting cross with an emphatic close-range finish.
Blues just about deserved this first home league win since last October.
They showed some jitters after going ahead but had just one worrying moment, when Darren Randolph tipped Jake Forster-Caskey’s free-kick over the bar.
New Albion signing Joao Teixeira made his debut as a second-half substitute and curled a free-kick narrowly over.
- Midfield pair offer Albion hope for next season
- Albion Analysis: A chink of light amid an awful season
- Forster-Caskey targets place in England under-21s squad
- Simpson: Crawley can pull off great escape
- The full story - how Barry Fry blasted Albion's treatment of CMS