Albion’s early-season concerns deepened with a 1-0 defeat at Birmingham today.
Wes Thomas headed the only goal of an undistinguished contest on 52 minutes when he met David Cotterill’s tempting cross with an emphatic close-range finish.
Blues just about deserved this first home league win since last October.
They showed some jitters after going ahead but had just one worrying moment, when Darren Randolph tipped Jake Forster-Caskey’s free-kick over the bar.
New Albion signing Joao Teixeira made his debut as a second-half substitute and curled a free-kick narrowly over.
- Langford to referee Albion on their big day
- Keep off! Albion issue warning as FA quiz club over pitch invasion
- "You couldn't hear anything but boos". Twenty years on from the last game at the Goldstone Steve Gritt reveals how he went from zero to hero as Albion manager
- Knockaert insists he has nothing to prove in the Premier League
- Albion winger admits injury made him fear he may never be the same again