Albion thought they could have had a penalty at Birmingham – seconds before the home team scored.
Craig Mackail-Smith tumbled under pressure from former Seagulls defender Grant Hall.
But play was waved on and the resulting counter-raid led to Wes Thomas heading the only goal.
There were only muted appeals at the time of the incident.
Initial reaction from the media area in the main stand is that it WASN'T a spot kick.
Albion reviewed video footage of the clash after the match and felt Hall should have been penalised.
Either way, Hyypia did allow the incident to colour his judgement of his side's performance
- Norwich boss reveals Elliott Bennett could help out Albion
- Jerome double keeps Albion out of drop zone
- With Video: All you need to know about Al-Habsi, Albion's new No.1
- Albion clinch Al-Habsi to replace unlucky Stockdale
- Show of support from Wigan for Albion's new No.1