Albion thought they could have had a penalty at Birmingham – seconds before the home team scored.
Craig Mackail-Smith tumbled under pressure from former Seagulls defender Grant Hall.
But play was waved on and the resulting counter-raid led to Wes Thomas heading the only goal.
There were only muted appeals at the time of the incident.
Initial reaction from the media area in the main stand is that it WASN'T a spot kick.
Albion reviewed video footage of the clash after the match and felt Hall should have been penalised.
Either way, Hyypia did allow the incident to colour his judgement of his side's performance
- Hughton: Attacking quality made the difference
- Leaders sentence Albion to a sorry end at the Amex
- Albion v Watford - from the Amex
- Dunk, Forster-Caskey return - but Macca will have to wait and hope for Amex farewell
- Ighalo gets the nod for free-scoring Watford at the Amex