Albion thought they could have had a penalty at Birmingham – seconds before the home team scored.
Craig Mackail-Smith tumbled under pressure from former Seagulls defender Grant Hall.
But play was waved on and the resulting counter-raid led to Wes Thomas heading the only goal.
There were only muted appeals at the time of the incident.
Initial reaction from the media area in the main stand is that it WASN'T a spot kick.
Albion reviewed video footage of the clash after the match and felt Hall should have been penalised.
Either way, Hyypia did allow the incident to colour his judgement of his side's performance
- Talking Point: Right on both sides in the Dale Stephens saga
- Top whistle blower takes charge of Albion's showdown with Newcastle United
- Baldock insists all talk of the Toon tussle will be saved until after Reading game
- Fans roll back the years with memories of the Goldstone
- Ex-Albion defender McCarthy dies