Albion thought they could have had a penalty at Birmingham – seconds before the home team scored.
Craig Mackail-Smith tumbled under pressure from former Seagulls defender Grant Hall.
But play was waved on and the resulting counter-raid led to Wes Thomas heading the only goal.
There were only muted appeals at the time of the incident.
Initial reaction from the media area in the main stand is that it WASN'T a spot kick.
Albion reviewed video footage of the clash after the match and felt Hall should have been penalised.
Either way, Hyypia did allow the incident to colour his judgement of his side's performance
- Olé Olé Olé Olé, Sevilla are heading for the Amex
- Albion press for hardline stance on FFP rules
- Pitch under scrutiny as wickets tumble at Hove
- Hobden gives Sussex the edge
- Wells misses out as wickets continue to tumble at Hove