Albion thought they could have had a penalty at Birmingham – seconds before the home team scored.
Craig Mackail-Smith tumbled under pressure from former Seagulls defender Grant Hall.
But play was waved on and the resulting counter-raid led to Wes Thomas heading the only goal.
There were only muted appeals at the time of the incident.
Initial reaction from the media area in the main stand is that it WASN'T a spot kick.
Albion reviewed video footage of the clash after the match and felt Hall should have been penalised.
Either way, Hyypia did allow the incident to colour his judgement of his side's performance
- I am living the dream says Eubank after world title triumph
- Eubank Jr wins Interim WBA World middleweight crown - with picture gallery
- Hughton: Albion lacked recent spark
- Video: Watch the highlights of Crawley's 1-1 draw with Sheffield United
- Video: Watch Albion's 1-0 defeat at Bolton