Hyypia urges Albion to be better on the ball at Leeds

Sami Hyypia wants Albion to combine battling ability with looking after the ball better

Sami Hyypia wants Albion to combine battling ability with looking after the ball better

First published in Sport by , Chief sports reporter

Albion boss Sami Hyypia has urged his team to play ball at Leeds United tonight – but still keep their defensive discipline.

Consecutive 1-0 defeats at home to Sheffield Wednesday and at Birmingham on Saturday have left the Seagulls among four teams in the Championship suffering a pointless start to the season.

Hyypia has been generally satisfied with his new-look defence but is looking for a big improvement in possession at Elland Road compared with Birmingham as Albion try to get their league campaign up and running.

He told The Argus: “I want to win and I’m not happy where we are at the moment. It’s another chance. We need to bring the physical things on the pitch, to battle and run. If we do that every game I’m happy.

“Sometimes you can have days when the football is not so good. I hope we bring the battling on the pitch and then play on the ball a little bit better “We defended okay (at Birmingham), we were fighting with them. Maybe that is the one thing we can take out of the game. It’s very important that we keep that going, then on the ball play better.”

Midfield newcomers Danny Holla and Joao Teixeira are expected to feature in the squad in Yorkshire and one or both could start. Holla, who has been with his new team-mates at their St George’s Park base since watching the Birmingham defeat, has not played since his farewell appearance for Den Haag at the beginning of May.

Portuguese prospect Teixeira, on loan from Liverpool for the season, is in contention for his full debut in English football after showing promise as a second-half substitute at St Andrew’s.

Holla said: “At my old club I trained for a couple of weeks, so I’m fit. I didn’t play many games but I trained a lot.

“I hope to be involved at Leeds. It’s up to the manager but I’m ready.”

Frenchman Souleymane Doukara is a doubt for Leeds after an ankle injury forced him off in Saturday’s last-gasp 1-0 home win over Middlesbrough.

Italian defender Guiseppe Bellusci, signed on loan from Catania, could be involved providing Leeds secure international clearance.

Veteran keeper Paddy Kenny has left the Yorkshiremen by mutual consent after reaching a compromise agreement on the year remaining on his contract.

Comments (38)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:44am Tue 19 Aug 14

Singing Seagull, Indonesia says...

Just one other thing... let's try and stick some in the back of their net as well!

Expecting Teixeira to start and a sub appearance for Danny Boy, if he's as fit as he says he is. Midfield strengthening. LB still up for grabs. Would be good to see a goal apiece for CMS and GOG to boost their confidence.

UTA!!
Just one other thing... let's try and stick some in the back of their net as well! Expecting Teixeira to start and a sub appearance for Danny Boy, if he's as fit as he says he is. Midfield strengthening. LB still up for grabs. Would be good to see a goal apiece for CMS and GOG to boost their confidence. UTA!! Singing Seagull, Indonesia
  • Score: 12

6:04am Tue 19 Aug 14

namgo49 says...

I'm afraid I can see nothing but another closely fought defeat. 2-0 I reckon.
I'm afraid I can see nothing but another closely fought defeat. 2-0 I reckon. namgo49
  • Score: -12

6:17am Tue 19 Aug 14

paul6391 says...

3-1 leeds............sor
ry but we just don't have the quality anymore, we are a league 1 outfit at best at the moment..i hope i'm proved wrong, but at the moment i just cant see us getting a win anywhere, with the players we have,

Think i'll watch Dads Army the episode where they are all Doomed, Doomed i tell ye!!!
3-1 leeds............sor ry but we just don't have the quality anymore, we are a league 1 outfit at best at the moment..i hope i'm proved wrong, but at the moment i just cant see us getting a win anywhere, with the players we have, Think i'll watch Dads Army the episode where they are all Doomed, Doomed i tell ye!!! paul6391
  • Score: -12

6:30am Tue 19 Aug 14

Alfie T says...

paul6391 wrote:
3-1 leeds............sor

ry but we just don't have the quality anymore, we are a league 1 outfit at best at the moment..i hope i'm proved wrong, but at the moment i just cant see us getting a win anywhere, with the players we have,

Think i'll watch Dads Army the episode where they are all Doomed, Doomed i tell ye!!!
Yep, can't see beyond defeat, seem only yesterday when I was expecting 3 points home and away. Need crofts and Stephens back quickly and a goal scorer like Billy Sharp...oops.
[quote][p][bold]paul6391[/bold] wrote: 3-1 leeds............sor ry but we just don't have the quality anymore, we are a league 1 outfit at best at the moment..i hope i'm proved wrong, but at the moment i just cant see us getting a win anywhere, with the players we have, Think i'll watch Dads Army the episode where they are all Doomed, Doomed i tell ye!!![/p][/quote]Yep, can't see beyond defeat, seem only yesterday when I was expecting 3 points home and away. Need crofts and Stephens back quickly and a goal scorer like Billy Sharp...oops. Alfie T
  • Score: 2

6:30am Tue 19 Aug 14

namgo49 says...

paul6391 wrote:
3-1 leeds............sor

ry but we just don't have the quality anymore, we are a league 1 outfit at best at the moment..i hope i'm proved wrong, but at the moment i just cant see us getting a win anywhere, with the players we have,

Think i'll watch Dads Army the episode where they are all Doomed, Doomed i tell ye!!!
I would have to disagree with you. No way will we score a goal!
[quote][p][bold]paul6391[/bold] wrote: 3-1 leeds............sor ry but we just don't have the quality anymore, we are a league 1 outfit at best at the moment..i hope i'm proved wrong, but at the moment i just cant see us getting a win anywhere, with the players we have, Think i'll watch Dads Army the episode where they are all Doomed, Doomed i tell ye!!![/p][/quote]I would have to disagree with you. No way will we score a goal! namgo49
  • Score: -6

6:32am Tue 19 Aug 14

Opppsss!!! says...

Sorry I don't see anything better than 3-1 Leeds as well? and that's at best with us getting an OG!! Scoring from open play not even if we had a bloody barn for a goal!!
Sorry I don't see anything better than 3-1 Leeds as well? and that's at best with us getting an OG!! Scoring from open play not even if we had a bloody barn for a goal!! Opppsss!!!
  • Score: -11

6:39am Tue 19 Aug 14

brightonup says...

Well, thankfully we haven't got any of the facile predictions of victory that appeared a couple of weeks ago.
Hope for the best
Prepare for the worst
Well, thankfully we haven't got any of the facile predictions of victory that appeared a couple of weeks ago. Hope for the best Prepare for the worst brightonup
  • Score: 1

6:42am Tue 19 Aug 14

thetungsten says...

Based on the seasons betting we were 7th in the table for promotion- higher than sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham and Leeds- to walk away from those games with Nil points would be a travesty!
Based on the seasons betting we were 7th in the table for promotion- higher than sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham and Leeds- to walk away from those games with Nil points would be a travesty! thetungsten
  • Score: 7

6:58am Tue 19 Aug 14

JeffLomer says...

Morning well I'm going for a Brighton win not bothered what the score is, hopefully were kick start our season on tonight!!
Up the Albion!!
Morning well I'm going for a Brighton win not bothered what the score is, hopefully were kick start our season on tonight!! Up the Albion!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 12

7:00am Tue 19 Aug 14

Mossie707 says...

I'm not a religious person but I think I'll go to church and pray!
I'm not a religious person but I think I'll go to church and pray! Mossie707
  • Score: 2

7:20am Tue 19 Aug 14

stevebh says...

JeffLomer wrote:
Morning well I'm going for a Brighton win not bothered what the score is, hopefully were kick start our season on tonight!!
Up the Albion!!
I'm with you.......1-0 Brighton.....cog to score a scrappy goal....
You never know.....
UTA
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Morning well I'm going for a Brighton win not bothered what the score is, hopefully were kick start our season on tonight!! Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]I'm with you.......1-0 Brighton.....cog to score a scrappy goal.... You never know..... UTA stevebh
  • Score: 10

7:31am Tue 19 Aug 14

2ndCitySeagull says...

This is the Championship, form is temporary. If we give the ball away less in the hurry to get forward, keep the ball and get the tempo right, we'll win the game 1-0.

Leeds grabbed the points off a dominant Boro' side on Saturday. Tonight, is our turn to steal a narrow win.

It's all about hard work and teamwork until the quality returns!
This is the Championship, form is temporary. If we give the ball away less in the hurry to get forward, keep the ball and get the tempo right, we'll win the game 1-0. Leeds grabbed the points off a dominant Boro' side on Saturday. Tonight, is our turn to steal a narrow win. It's all about hard work and teamwork until the quality returns! 2ndCitySeagull
  • Score: 7

7:57am Tue 19 Aug 14

JeffLomer says...

stevebh wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Morning well I'm going for a Brighton win not bothered what the score is, hopefully were kick start our season on tonight!!
Up the Albion!!
I'm with you.......1-0 Brighton.....cog to score a scrappy goal....
You never know.....
UTA
Well nice to see someone else who's more optimistic than most on here Steve, no reason we can't win tonight!!
Up the Albion!!
[quote][p][bold]stevebh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Morning well I'm going for a Brighton win not bothered what the score is, hopefully were kick start our season on tonight!! Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]I'm with you.......1-0 Brighton.....cog to score a scrappy goal.... You never know..... UTA[/p][/quote]Well nice to see someone else who's more optimistic than most on here Steve, no reason we can't win tonight!! Up the Albion!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 10

8:13am Tue 19 Aug 14

Sweetmanattheamex says...

A late Danny Holla free kick to win it for the Albion. Have faith. UTA
A late Danny Holla free kick to win it for the Albion. Have faith. UTA Sweetmanattheamex
  • Score: 11

8:25am Tue 19 Aug 14

daughter-of-manag says...

JeffLomer wrote:
Morning well I'm going for a Brighton win not bothered what the score is, hopefully were kick start our season on tonight!!
Up the Albion!!
Agree Jeff - 3 ponts for the Albion :)
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Morning well I'm going for a Brighton win not bothered what the score is, hopefully were kick start our season on tonight!! Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]Agree Jeff - 3 ponts for the Albion :) daughter-of-manag
  • Score: 5

8:36am Tue 19 Aug 14

Willie, Willie Irvine says...

First goal and point tonight. 1-1 is my prediction.
First goal and point tonight. 1-1 is my prediction. Willie, Willie Irvine
  • Score: 6

8:37am Tue 19 Aug 14

true fan says...

I'd be happy for a draw!
I'd be happy for a draw! true fan
  • Score: 5

8:40am Tue 19 Aug 14

JeffLomer says...

Well we've got the miserable posters out in force this morning apart from a couple off boys, all stating were going to get beat, how do you know that, what makes me laugh is if you post we are going to lose you get a thumbs up you lot are deluded, ain't you lot got anything better to do than come on here slagging our club off day after day, if you don't like it then do something else on a Saturday, I bet none off you are going tonight, because you would rather sit on your computer moaning amongst yourselves, leave us to the supporting and we will let you carry on ****, and by the way I hope we win tonight to shut you lot up!! You ain't fans your idiots!!
Up the Albion!!
Well we've got the miserable posters out in force this morning apart from a couple off boys, all stating were going to get beat, how do you know that, what makes me laugh is if you post we are going to lose you get a thumbs up you lot are deluded, ain't you lot got anything better to do than come on here slagging our club off day after day, if you don't like it then do something else on a Saturday, I bet none off you are going tonight, because you would rather sit on your computer moaning amongst yourselves, leave us to the supporting and we will let you carry on ****, and by the way I hope we win tonight to shut you lot up!! You ain't fans your idiots!! Up the Albion!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 8

8:44am Tue 19 Aug 14

Alfie T says...

JeffLomer wrote:
Well we've got the miserable posters out in force this morning apart from a couple off boys, all stating were going to get beat, how do you know that, what makes me laugh is if you post we are going to lose you get a thumbs up you lot are deluded, ain't you lot got anything better to do than come on here slagging our club off day after day, if you don't like it then do something else on a Saturday, I bet none off you are going tonight, because you would rather sit on your computer moaning amongst yourselves, leave us to the supporting and we will let you carry on ****, and by the way I hope we win tonight to shut you lot up!! You ain't fans your idiots!!
Up the Albion!!
Moaning is annoying, and so is moaning at people moaning, change the record, scroll past and ignore, moan over!
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Well we've got the miserable posters out in force this morning apart from a couple off boys, all stating were going to get beat, how do you know that, what makes me laugh is if you post we are going to lose you get a thumbs up you lot are deluded, ain't you lot got anything better to do than come on here slagging our club off day after day, if you don't like it then do something else on a Saturday, I bet none off you are going tonight, because you would rather sit on your computer moaning amongst yourselves, leave us to the supporting and we will let you carry on ****, and by the way I hope we win tonight to shut you lot up!! You ain't fans your idiots!! Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]Moaning is annoying, and so is moaning at people moaning, change the record, scroll past and ignore, moan over! Alfie T
  • Score: 6

8:51am Tue 19 Aug 14

pablobrowno says...

Solly march?
Solly march? pablobrowno
  • Score: 0

9:09am Tue 19 Aug 14

lenward says...

JeffLomer wrote:
Well we've got the miserable posters out in force this morning apart from a couple off boys, all stating were going to get beat, how do you know that, what makes me laugh is if you post we are going to lose you get a thumbs up you lot are deluded, ain't you lot got anything better to do than come on here slagging our club off day after day, if you don't like it then do something else on a Saturday, I bet none off you are going tonight, because you would rather sit on your computer moaning amongst yourselves, leave us to the supporting and we will let you carry on ****, and by the way I hope we win tonight to shut you lot up!! You ain't fans your idiots!!
Up the Albion!!
Heartily agree with that post. Last season we started with two losses and finished sixth. This team is going to get better as games go on, its early days, but with more signings to come hopefully we could end up with a top six finish again.

My prediction for tonight, 1-0 down at half time, COG to score on 60 minutes, with LUA LUA to score with a thunderbolt in the 92 minute 1-2 to the seagulls. You never know UTA.
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Well we've got the miserable posters out in force this morning apart from a couple off boys, all stating were going to get beat, how do you know that, what makes me laugh is if you post we are going to lose you get a thumbs up you lot are deluded, ain't you lot got anything better to do than come on here slagging our club off day after day, if you don't like it then do something else on a Saturday, I bet none off you are going tonight, because you would rather sit on your computer moaning amongst yourselves, leave us to the supporting and we will let you carry on ****, and by the way I hope we win tonight to shut you lot up!! You ain't fans your idiots!! Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]Heartily agree with that post. Last season we started with two losses and finished sixth. This team is going to get better as games go on, its early days, but with more signings to come hopefully we could end up with a top six finish again. My prediction for tonight, 1-0 down at half time, COG to score on 60 minutes, with LUA LUA to score with a thunderbolt in the 92 minute 1-2 to the seagulls. You never know UTA. lenward
  • Score: 5

9:13am Tue 19 Aug 14

Quiterie says...

"Hyypia urges Albion to be better on the ball" ...... the man's a tactical genius!!

Regarding Paddy Kenny's departure this is apparently beause owner Massimo Cellino ordered manager Dave Hockaday not to play Kenny, because Cellinio thinks the number 17 – Kenny's birthday in May – as unlucky!......... so let's not moan about Tony Bloom too much!
"Hyypia urges Albion to be better on the ball" ...... the man's a tactical genius!! Regarding Paddy Kenny's departure this is apparently beause owner Massimo Cellino ordered manager Dave Hockaday not to play Kenny, because Cellinio thinks the number 17 – Kenny's birthday in May – as unlucky!......... so let's not moan about Tony Bloom too much! Quiterie
  • Score: -2

9:16am Tue 19 Aug 14

Chi Gull says...

pablobrowno wrote:
Solly march?
Last week the club were waiting for the results of a scan - so I assume he is still injured, but it does feel a bit like Bridcutt's mysterious pelvic injury last season?
[quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Solly march?[/p][/quote]Last week the club were waiting for the results of a scan - so I assume he is still injured, but it does feel a bit like Bridcutt's mysterious pelvic injury last season? Chi Gull
  • Score: 4

9:17am Tue 19 Aug 14

Usedtoknow says...

I do hope the players don't sit and read these posts. Hardly inspiring. I know we're all fed up with the Club's heirarchy, but I imagine the players are too.
We'll pinch a win tonight.
I do hope the players don't sit and read these posts. Hardly inspiring. I know we're all fed up with the Club's heirarchy, but I imagine the players are too. We'll pinch a win tonight. Usedtoknow
  • Score: 0

9:20am Tue 19 Aug 14

WisdomSpeaks says...

I think my concern is Sami's managerial record v Oscar's. Oscar came up the slow route with Barca's Youth team and then Israeli Premier League - and he won everything there was to win along the way.

Also I see that Holla has a record of every season helping his team to just avoid relegation..........
.I sure hope that doesn't become a habit here!!!!
I think my concern is Sami's managerial record v Oscar's. Oscar came up the slow route with Barca's Youth team and then Israeli Premier League - and he won everything there was to win along the way. Also I see that Holla has a record of every season helping his team to just avoid relegation.......... .I sure hope that doesn't become a habit here!!!! WisdomSpeaks
  • Score: 2

9:27am Tue 19 Aug 14

Kit Napier's Beard says...

Message for Mr Burke - According to my paper, Boro have already signed up Bamford and another budding starlet on loan for the season from Chelsea, what are we doing?
Message for Mr Burke - According to my paper, Boro have already signed up Bamford and another budding starlet on loan for the season from Chelsea, what are we doing? Kit Napier's Beard
  • Score: -4

9:29am Tue 19 Aug 14

Claude Back says...

brightonup wrote:
Well, thankfully we haven't got any of the facile predictions of victory that appeared a couple of weeks ago.
Hope for the best
Prepare for the worst
Nice thought but unfortunately the facile has come about from the usual fool who thinks anyone saying the Albion can lose is not a supporter or an idiot.
[quote][p][bold]brightonup[/bold] wrote: Well, thankfully we haven't got any of the facile predictions of victory that appeared a couple of weeks ago. Hope for the best Prepare for the worst[/p][/quote]Nice thought but unfortunately the facile has come about from the usual fool who thinks anyone saying the Albion can lose is not a supporter or an idiot. Claude Back
  • Score: -1

10:01am Tue 19 Aug 14

AlanDuffy says...

Personally, I'm completely fed up of the months of speculation, frustration, disappointment, theorising, complaining, explanations, disillusionment and false dawns - I just want to go out and watch a settled team playing entertaining football, win, lose or draw, to get behind them and the manager and enjoy my day at the game. Sadly, I think it will be a while yet before we know what the squad will finally look like - I don't think we have a chance of being ready by the end of the window as we'll still be looking for loans. Then we'll need games to gel and pick up some momentum. So, I think it'll be a tough couple of months but what the team will really need is the real fans to get behind them, starting Saturday.
Personally, I'm completely fed up of the months of speculation, frustration, disappointment, theorising, complaining, explanations, disillusionment and false dawns - I just want to go out and watch a settled team playing entertaining football, win, lose or draw, to get behind them and the manager and enjoy my day at the game. Sadly, I think it will be a while yet before we know what the squad will finally look like - I don't think we have a chance of being ready by the end of the window as we'll still be looking for loans. Then we'll need games to gel and pick up some momentum. So, I think it'll be a tough couple of months but what the team will really need is the real fans to get behind them, starting Saturday. AlanDuffy
  • Score: 7

10:03am Tue 19 Aug 14

JeffLomer says...

Alfie T wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Well we've got the miserable posters out in force this morning apart from a couple off boys, all stating were going to get beat, how do you know that, what makes me laugh is if you post we are going to lose you get a thumbs up you lot are deluded, ain't you lot got anything better to do than come on here slagging our club off day after day, if you don't like it then do something else on a Saturday, I bet none off you are going tonight, because you would rather sit on your computer moaning amongst yourselves, leave us to the supporting and we will let you carry on ****, and by the way I hope we win tonight to shut you lot up!! You ain't fans your idiots!!
Up the Albion!!
Moaning is annoying, and so is moaning at people moaning, change the record, scroll past and ignore, moan over!
Yer you and your trolls are excellent at that, try getting behind the team for a change instead off doing what you lot do best, we've got what we got as in players playing for us, so try supporting the team,
Up the Albion!!
[quote][p][bold]Alfie T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Well we've got the miserable posters out in force this morning apart from a couple off boys, all stating were going to get beat, how do you know that, what makes me laugh is if you post we are going to lose you get a thumbs up you lot are deluded, ain't you lot got anything better to do than come on here slagging our club off day after day, if you don't like it then do something else on a Saturday, I bet none off you are going tonight, because you would rather sit on your computer moaning amongst yourselves, leave us to the supporting and we will let you carry on ****, and by the way I hope we win tonight to shut you lot up!! You ain't fans your idiots!! Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]Moaning is annoying, and so is moaning at people moaning, change the record, scroll past and ignore, moan over![/p][/quote]Yer you and your trolls are excellent at that, try getting behind the team for a change instead off doing what you lot do best, we've got what we got as in players playing for us, so try supporting the team, Up the Albion!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 0

10:10am Tue 19 Aug 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

WisdomSpeaks wrote:
I think my concern is Sami's managerial record v Oscar's. Oscar came up the slow route with Barca's Youth team and then Israeli Premier League - and he won everything there was to win along the way.

Also I see that Holla has a record of every season helping his team to just avoid relegation..........

.I sure hope that doesn't become a habit here!!!!
Or, in fact, finishing 9th in the top division for the past two seasons. I'd be very happy if that was to continue.
[quote][p][bold]WisdomSpeaks[/bold] wrote: I think my concern is Sami's managerial record v Oscar's. Oscar came up the slow route with Barca's Youth team and then Israeli Premier League - and he won everything there was to win along the way. Also I see that Holla has a record of every season helping his team to just avoid relegation.......... .I sure hope that doesn't become a habit here!!!![/p][/quote]Or, in fact, finishing 9th in the top division for the past two seasons. I'd be very happy if that was to continue. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 5

11:07am Tue 19 Aug 14

Alfie T says...

JeffLomer wrote:
Alfie T wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Well we've got the miserable posters out in force this morning apart from a couple off boys, all stating were going to get beat, how do you know that, what makes me laugh is if you post we are going to lose you get a thumbs up you lot are deluded, ain't you lot got anything better to do than come on here slagging our club off day after day, if you don't like it then do something else on a Saturday, I bet none off you are going tonight, because you would rather sit on your computer moaning amongst yourselves, leave us to the supporting and we will let you carry on ****, and by the way I hope we win tonight to shut you lot up!! You ain't fans your idiots!!
Up the Albion!!
Moaning is annoying, and so is moaning at people moaning, change the record, scroll past and ignore, moan over!
Yer you and your trolls are excellent at that, try getting behind the team for a change instead off doing what you lot do best, we've got what we got as in players playing for us, so try supporting the team,
Up the Albion!!
I've been getting behind the team for over thirty years pal, all true fans on this site know who the trolls are and like me tend not to reply but treat with the contempt they deserve. Some real fans also voice there concerns, which to you is moaning , they are entitled to do so, it doesn't mean they are not true supporters.
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Alfie T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Well we've got the miserable posters out in force this morning apart from a couple off boys, all stating were going to get beat, how do you know that, what makes me laugh is if you post we are going to lose you get a thumbs up you lot are deluded, ain't you lot got anything better to do than come on here slagging our club off day after day, if you don't like it then do something else on a Saturday, I bet none off you are going tonight, because you would rather sit on your computer moaning amongst yourselves, leave us to the supporting and we will let you carry on ****, and by the way I hope we win tonight to shut you lot up!! You ain't fans your idiots!! Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]Moaning is annoying, and so is moaning at people moaning, change the record, scroll past and ignore, moan over![/p][/quote]Yer you and your trolls are excellent at that, try getting behind the team for a change instead off doing what you lot do best, we've got what we got as in players playing for us, so try supporting the team, Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]I've been getting behind the team for over thirty years pal, all true fans on this site know who the trolls are and like me tend not to reply but treat with the contempt they deserve. Some real fans also voice there concerns, which to you is moaning , they are entitled to do so, it doesn't mean they are not true supporters. Alfie T
  • Score: 14

11:19am Tue 19 Aug 14

pte says...

our midfield will be too strong for Leeds which will help the attack so I'm going for a 2-0 win for Brighton. The negativity is unreal and has to stop. When the going gets tough, the tough get going
our midfield will be too strong for Leeds which will help the attack so I'm going for a 2-0 win for Brighton. The negativity is unreal and has to stop. When the going gets tough, the tough get going pte
  • Score: 2

11:20am Tue 19 Aug 14

pte says...

Billy might get a consolation goal
Billy might get a consolation goal pte
  • Score: -1

11:59am Tue 19 Aug 14

sussexram40 says...

A draw would be a good result for the Seagulls tonight. That's how far we have sunk.
A draw would be a good result for the Seagulls tonight. That's how far we have sunk. sussexram40
  • Score: -3

12:05pm Tue 19 Aug 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

sussexram40 wrote:
A draw would be a good result for the Seagulls tonight. That's how far we have sunk.
And yet that would be a better result than we secured there last season, wouldn't it?
[quote][p][bold]sussexram40[/bold] wrote: A draw would be a good result for the Seagulls tonight. That's how far we have sunk.[/p][/quote]And yet that would be a better result than we secured there last season, wouldn't it? Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 1

12:59pm Tue 19 Aug 14

VegasSeagull says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
sussexram40 wrote:
A draw would be a good result for the Seagulls tonight. That's how far we have sunk.
And yet that would be a better result than we secured there last season, wouldn't it?
'On the ball play better,' a pretty generic phrase that really doesn't say just what Sami wants to see improved.
I think I am right when I say we fired off 13 shots against Birmingham, with just 3 of those shots on target, so is he talking about being more clinical finishing? I suspect that he is thinking that our build up play is not what it should be, a lack of creativity, but as I say we created 13 openings but failed to see any of them result in a goal. If indeed Sami is talking of our creative play in the final third of the pitch, perhaps Teixeira will improve on what has happened so far, if he starts.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexram40[/bold] wrote: A draw would be a good result for the Seagulls tonight. That's how far we have sunk.[/p][/quote]And yet that would be a better result than we secured there last season, wouldn't it?[/p][/quote]'On the ball play better,' a pretty generic phrase that really doesn't say just what Sami wants to see improved. I think I am right when I say we fired off 13 shots against Birmingham, with just 3 of those shots on target, so is he talking about being more clinical finishing? I suspect that he is thinking that our build up play is not what it should be, a lack of creativity, but as I say we created 13 openings but failed to see any of them result in a goal. If indeed Sami is talking of our creative play in the final third of the pitch, perhaps Teixeira will improve on what has happened so far, if he starts. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 1

2:35pm Tue 19 Aug 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
sussexram40 wrote:
A draw would be a good result for the Seagulls tonight. That's how far we have sunk.
And yet that would be a better result than we secured there last season, wouldn't it?
'On the ball play better,' a pretty generic phrase that really doesn't say just what Sami wants to see improved.
I think I am right when I say we fired off 13 shots against Birmingham, with just 3 of those shots on target, so is he talking about being more clinical finishing? I suspect that he is thinking that our build up play is not what it should be, a lack of creativity, but as I say we created 13 openings but failed to see any of them result in a goal. If indeed Sami is talking of our creative play in the final third of the pitch, perhaps Teixeira will improve on what has happened so far, if he starts.
Teixeira could be the piece of the jigsaw we have kind of been missing since Vicente - the ability not just to see a pass but play it. I would like to think CMS will get in behind the opposition's defence more with this type of player providing the ammo, but the proof is in the pudding.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexram40[/bold] wrote: A draw would be a good result for the Seagulls tonight. That's how far we have sunk.[/p][/quote]And yet that would be a better result than we secured there last season, wouldn't it?[/p][/quote]'On the ball play better,' a pretty generic phrase that really doesn't say just what Sami wants to see improved. I think I am right when I say we fired off 13 shots against Birmingham, with just 3 of those shots on target, so is he talking about being more clinical finishing? I suspect that he is thinking that our build up play is not what it should be, a lack of creativity, but as I say we created 13 openings but failed to see any of them result in a goal. If indeed Sami is talking of our creative play in the final third of the pitch, perhaps Teixeira will improve on what has happened so far, if he starts.[/p][/quote]Teixeira could be the piece of the jigsaw we have kind of been missing since Vicente - the ability not just to see a pass but play it. I would like to think CMS will get in behind the opposition's defence more with this type of player providing the ammo, but the proof is in the pudding. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 3

5:25pm Tue 19 Aug 14

Captain Haddock says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
sussexram40 wrote: A draw would be a good result for the Seagulls tonight. That's how far we have sunk.
And yet that would be a better result than we secured there last season, wouldn't it?
'On the ball play better,' a pretty generic phrase that really doesn't say just what Sami wants to see improved. I think I am right when I say we fired off 13 shots against Birmingham, with just 3 of those shots on target, so is he talking about being more clinical finishing? I suspect that he is thinking that our build up play is not what it should be, a lack of creativity, but as I say we created 13 openings but failed to see any of them result in a goal. If indeed Sami is talking of our creative play in the final third of the pitch, perhaps Teixeira will improve on what has happened so far, if he starts.
Teixeira could be the piece of the jigsaw we have kind of been missing since Vicente - the ability not just to see a pass but play it. I would like to think CMS will get in behind the opposition's defence more with this type of player providing the ammo, but the proof is in the pudding.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating, in fact, Arnie.

I agree with you though.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sussexram40[/bold] wrote: A draw would be a good result for the Seagulls tonight. That's how far we have sunk.[/p][/quote]And yet that would be a better result than we secured there last season, wouldn't it?[/p][/quote]'On the ball play better,' a pretty generic phrase that really doesn't say just what Sami wants to see improved. I think I am right when I say we fired off 13 shots against Birmingham, with just 3 of those shots on target, so is he talking about being more clinical finishing? I suspect that he is thinking that our build up play is not what it should be, a lack of creativity, but as I say we created 13 openings but failed to see any of them result in a goal. If indeed Sami is talking of our creative play in the final third of the pitch, perhaps Teixeira will improve on what has happened so far, if he starts.[/p][/quote]Teixeira could be the piece of the jigsaw we have kind of been missing since Vicente - the ability not just to see a pass but play it. I would like to think CMS will get in behind the opposition's defence more with this type of player providing the ammo, but the proof is in the pudding.[/p][/quote]The proof of the pudding is in the eating, in fact, Arnie. I agree with you though. Captain Haddock
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree