Inigo Calderon reckoned Albion turned in a performance to be proud of tonight.
The Seagulls scored in each half to win 2-0 at Leeds.
It was their first victory of the Championship season – at the third attempt.
Albion made a similarly slow start to last season before hitting their stride.
Right-back Calderon said: “I think it was exactly the same last year so it wasn’t such surprise.
“The first victory is always the hardest one and the most important.
“We did it today. Birmingham was a really bad game, we didn’t perform as we can.
“So it wasn’t easy to come here to Elland Road with the crowd that are always here.
“But I think we were nearly perfect in the first half and I’m really proud of the team.
“In the second half we defended. We did both phases of the game really well.”
- Albion winger Solly March hoping for England comeback
- Albion striker Hemed banned by Israel
- Duffy "quietly confident" Albion can realise Premier League dream
- Revealed: How Albion top the earnings in Championship TV league
- How Southgate went from dodging concrete pillars in a Crawley car park to managing England at Wembley