Inigo Calderon reckoned Albion turned in a performance to be proud of tonight.
The Seagulls scored in each half to win 2-0 at Leeds.
It was their first victory of the Championship season – at the third attempt.
Albion made a similarly slow start to last season before hitting their stride.
Right-back Calderon said: “I think it was exactly the same last year so it wasn’t such surprise.
“The first victory is always the hardest one and the most important.
“We did it today. Birmingham was a really bad game, we didn’t perform as we can.
“So it wasn’t easy to come here to Elland Road with the crowd that are always here.
“But I think we were nearly perfect in the first half and I’m really proud of the team.
“In the second half we defended. We did both phases of the game really well.”
- Langford to referee Albion on their big day
- Keep off! Albion issue warning as FA quiz club over pitch invasion
- "You couldn't hear anything but boos". Twenty years on from the last game at the Goldstone Steve Gritt reveals how he went from zero to hero as Albion manager
- Knockaert insists he has nothing to prove in the Premier League
- Albion winger admits injury made him fear he may never be the same again