Inigo Calderon reckoned Albion turned in a performance to be proud of tonight.
The Seagulls scored in each half to win 2-0 at Leeds.
It was their first victory of the Championship season – at the third attempt.
Albion made a similarly slow start to last season before hitting their stride.
Right-back Calderon said: “I think it was exactly the same last year so it wasn’t such surprise.
“The first victory is always the hardest one and the most important.
“We did it today. Birmingham was a really bad game, we didn’t perform as we can.
“So it wasn’t easy to come here to Elland Road with the crowd that are always here.
“But I think we were nearly perfect in the first half and I’m really proud of the team.
“In the second half we defended. We did both phases of the game really well.”
- UPDATED: Albion linked with swoop for keeper
- Cherries keeper Camp poised for chance to frustrate Seagulls again
- Hyypia needs a goalscorer to fill Ulloa's boots
- Albion could be grabbed by new Bournemouth danger man
- Hyypia backed by rival boss to improve Albion