Inigo Calderon reckoned Albion turned in a performance to be proud of tonight.
The Seagulls scored in each half to win 2-0 at Leeds.
It was their first victory of the Championship season – at the third attempt.
Albion made a similarly slow start to last season before hitting their stride.
Right-back Calderon said: “I think it was exactly the same last year so it wasn’t such surprise.
“The first victory is always the hardest one and the most important.
“We did it today. Birmingham was a really bad game, we didn’t perform as we can.
“So it wasn’t easy to come here to Elland Road with the crowd that are always here.
“But I think we were nearly perfect in the first half and I’m really proud of the team.
“In the second half we defended. We did both phases of the game really well.”
- Stephens sets sights on next season as Albion end with a point
- Relegation is a cruel blow admits Crawley boss Saunders
- Crawley relegated after final day defeat against Coventry
- Crawley unchanged for day of reckoning
- Owen goes unbeaten as Eagles cruise