Leeds was great - now Hyypia calls for improvement

Kemy Agustien misses tomorrow's game

Kemy Agustien misses tomorrow's game

First published in Sport by

Sami Hyypia today called on Albion to improve on their midweek performance at Leeds.

The Seagulls return home to face Bolton tomorrow on the back of a 2-0 success at Elland Road which got their season up and running.

Hyypia admits he is not quite sure why everything clicked.

But he wants to progress continue – starting against the winless Wanderers.

Albion stayed up country after the depressing 1-0 defeat at Birmingham on Saturday.

Hyypia said: “We are together quite a lot anyway every day so I don’t know if that helped or what was the reason all of a sudden the players were making the right decisions on the field.

“I was very pleased in the first half to stand there on the side of the pitch and watch the players do a really good job.

“It was great to get a first win under the belt “But we need to remember we have still a long way ahead of us and keep our feet on the ground to work hard and improve.”

Andrew Crofts is available again after a three-game ban but Hyypia admitted: “I don’t know if he will get into the side now because we played so well on Tuesday!

“I haven’t made my decision yet.”

Kemy Agustien (ankle) and Solly March (back) miss out along with Bolton-born Dale Stephens, who has a longer-term ankle injury.

New boy Paddy McCourt looks set to be on the bench, as he was at Leeds after his midweek arrival as a free agent.

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:24pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Barry W says...

I think Sammi says the right thing about Crofts"he may not get in as the team played so well" Good for you if you play well you stay in,competition for all the places is what we need.
I think Sammi says the right thing about Crofts"he may not get in as the team played so well" Good for you if you play well you stay in,competition for all the places is what we need. Barry W
  • Score: 13

12:37pm Fri 22 Aug 14

9 of us says...

It's a slow process building a team and getting them to understand one another.
Most of Poyet's era have moved on and now it's a chance for new faces to become the future.
Looking frwd to seeing new guys tomorrow and getting behind the team, as I always do.

UTA
NOD
It's a slow process building a team and getting them to understand one another. Most of Poyet's era have moved on and now it's a chance for new faces to become the future. Looking frwd to seeing new guys tomorrow and getting behind the team, as I always do. UTA NOD 9 of us
  • Score: 6

12:43pm Fri 22 Aug 14

SMF20 says...

I guess that Kaz will start instead of Kemy then?

Im really looking forward to seeing McCourt as well as the other new guys. Ive a feeling Chicksen might keep his spot this weekend though.

Roll on tomorrow

Uta
I guess that Kaz will start instead of Kemy then? Im really looking forward to seeing McCourt as well as the other new guys. Ive a feeling Chicksen might keep his spot this weekend though. Roll on tomorrow Uta SMF20
  • Score: 6

12:59pm Fri 22 Aug 14

M T Wallet says...

SMF20 wrote:
I guess that Kaz will start instead of Kemy then?

Im really looking forward to seeing McCourt as well as the other new guys. Ive a feeling Chicksen might keep his spot this weekend though.

Roll on tomorrow

Uta
I hope Crofts starts instead of JFC as he is considerably better in my opinion and gives us another scoring option.
[quote][p][bold]SMF20[/bold] wrote: I guess that Kaz will start instead of Kemy then? Im really looking forward to seeing McCourt as well as the other new guys. Ive a feeling Chicksen might keep his spot this weekend though. Roll on tomorrow Uta[/p][/quote]I hope Crofts starts instead of JFC as he is considerably better in my opinion and gives us another scoring option. M T Wallet
  • Score: 8

1:10pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Anthony 14 says...

I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better. Anthony 14
  • Score: 14

1:32pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Sid East Brighton says...

Anthony 14 wrote:
I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Not sure about Croft or JFC.
[quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Not sure about Croft or JFC. Sid East Brighton
  • Score: -15

1:35pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Eddy B says...

Like Sami's approach - not afraid to switch the team around and drop people including previous untouchables. JFC's first team starts must surely be numbered with all these midfielders knocking on the door now.
Like Sami's approach - not afraid to switch the team around and drop people including previous untouchables. JFC's first team starts must surely be numbered with all these midfielders knocking on the door now. Eddy B
  • Score: 9

1:35pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Gee Jay says...

Barry W wrote:
I think Sammi says the right thing about Crofts"he may not get in as the team played so well" Good for you if you play well you stay in,competition for all the places is what we need.
Wasn't that always the 'Liverpool Way' throughout their successful years.

A repeat of last year's home result against Bolton will do nicely.
[quote][p][bold]Barry W[/bold] wrote: I think Sammi says the right thing about Crofts"he may not get in as the team played so well" Good for you if you play well you stay in,competition for all the places is what we need.[/p][/quote]Wasn't that always the 'Liverpool Way' throughout their successful years. A repeat of last year's home result against Bolton will do nicely. Gee Jay
  • Score: 6

2:18pm Fri 22 Aug 14

SeagullOverSelsey says...

Team tomorrow has got to be:
Stockdale
Calderon Greer Dunk Chicksen
Bruno Holla Crofts LuaLua
Tex
CMS
Subs.: Walton Hughes McCourt JFC COG Bennett Fenelon
Team tomorrow has got to be: Stockdale Calderon Greer Dunk Chicksen Bruno Holla Crofts LuaLua Tex CMS Subs.: Walton Hughes McCourt JFC COG Bennett Fenelon SeagullOverSelsey
  • Score: 1

2:45pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Tommy11 says...

Anthony 14 wrote:
I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding!

Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.
[quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH. Tommy11
  • Score: -3

2:51pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Albion In Staffs says...

Tommy11 wrote:
Anthony 14 wrote:
I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding!

Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.
On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly?
He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has!
There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit!
[quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.[/p][/quote]On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit! Albion In Staffs
  • Score: 11

2:56pm Fri 22 Aug 14

jockithenoo says...

I'm not a big fan of JFC but he played well midweek and deserves to keep his place
I'm not a big fan of JFC but he played well midweek and deserves to keep his place jockithenoo
  • Score: 10

3:10pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Tommy11 says...

Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Anthony 14 wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.
On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit!
Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.
[quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.[/p][/quote]On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit![/p][/quote]Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield. Tommy11
  • Score: -10

3:29pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Jonathan Mouette says...

I like SH's attitude toward players keeping their places. Regular readers will know that I admire the effort Adam Chicksen has put in to earn his place and after his performance at Bolton I believe he has done the necessary to start again tomorrow. Maybe Joe Bennett can first of all prove his fitness before ousting AC.
At last it looks as though Sami is going to have a selection problem and it will be interesting to see how he manipulates the team to accommodate Plan B whenever that becomes essential - interesting because neither of the previous 2 managers managed that little trick. Interesting times ahead. UTA...!!!
I like SH's attitude toward players keeping their places. Regular readers will know that I admire the effort Adam Chicksen has put in to earn his place and after his performance at Bolton I believe he has done the necessary to start again tomorrow. Maybe Joe Bennett can first of all prove his fitness before ousting AC. At last it looks as though Sami is going to have a selection problem and it will be interesting to see how he manipulates the team to accommodate Plan B whenever that becomes essential - interesting because neither of the previous 2 managers managed that little trick. Interesting times ahead. UTA...!!! Jonathan Mouette
  • Score: 13

3:48pm Fri 22 Aug 14

mikeygit says...

Jonathan--I guess you meant to say that Chicksen did well at Leeds??Playing BOLTON tomorrow--Typo no doubt?
Anyone any news on the Cork lad?? I got thumbs down yesterday when I suggested it would be at LEAST today before we heard anything about him coming to us as personal terms were yet to be ironed out!
Jonathan--I guess you meant to say that Chicksen did well at Leeds??Playing BOLTON tomorrow--Typo no doubt? Anyone any news on the Cork lad?? I got thumbs down yesterday when I suggested it would be at LEAST today before we heard anything about him coming to us as personal terms were yet to be ironed out! mikeygit
  • Score: 0

3:51pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Tommy11 says...

Jonathan Mouette wrote:
I like SH's attitude toward players keeping their places. Regular readers will know that I admire the effort Adam Chicksen has put in to earn his place and after his performance at Bolton I believe he has done the necessary to start again tomorrow. Maybe Joe Bennett can first of all prove his fitness before ousting AC. At last it looks as though Sami is going to have a selection problem and it will be interesting to see how he manipulates the team to accommodate Plan B whenever that becomes essential - interesting because neither of the previous 2 managers managed that little trick. Interesting times ahead. UTA...!!!
I'm sorry - I disagree totally Johnathan.

Chicksen is a weak link - he and JFC. They both need to be out of the team for us to progress ASAP. I really do not know where you got the 'effort' part from? Like JFC, he looks like he actually tries to avoid the ball - and move it quickly on to another player once he recieves the ball.

I think you will have a different opinion when a Bollasi type winger is steaming down the right wing John!!
[quote][p][bold]Jonathan Mouette[/bold] wrote: I like SH's attitude toward players keeping their places. Regular readers will know that I admire the effort Adam Chicksen has put in to earn his place and after his performance at Bolton I believe he has done the necessary to start again tomorrow. Maybe Joe Bennett can first of all prove his fitness before ousting AC. At last it looks as though Sami is going to have a selection problem and it will be interesting to see how he manipulates the team to accommodate Plan B whenever that becomes essential - interesting because neither of the previous 2 managers managed that little trick. Interesting times ahead. UTA...!!![/p][/quote]I'm sorry - I disagree totally Johnathan. Chicksen is a weak link - he and JFC. They both need to be out of the team for us to progress ASAP. I really do not know where you got the 'effort' part from? Like JFC, he looks like he actually tries to avoid the ball - and move it quickly on to another player once he recieves the ball. I think you will have a different opinion when a Bollasi type winger is steaming down the right wing John!! Tommy11
  • Score: -16

6:26pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Albion In Staffs says...

Tommy11 wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Anthony 14 wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.
On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit!
Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.
Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely?
That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.
[quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.[/p][/quote]On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit![/p][/quote]Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.[/p][/quote]Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely? That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out. Albion In Staffs
  • Score: 2

6:33pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Cockwomble says...

Tommy11 wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Anthony 14 wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.
On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit!
Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.
i dont see why we need to make unforced changes following the best performance in ages.cockwomble
[quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.[/p][/quote]On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit![/p][/quote]Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.[/p][/quote]i dont see why we need to make unforced changes following the best performance in ages.cockwomble Cockwomble
  • Score: 4

6:41pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Mystertoo says...

Adam Chicksen played well on Tuesday largely against Sam Byram who is regarded as one of the best young attacking full backs in the division. He sometimes got dragged too far into the middle and left too much space on the left side but used his pace to recover. I think Bennet should be brought on as a sub for 30 minutes to keep them both happy and reward a solid mid week performance.

Calderon spent as much time in midfield as Bruno on Tuesday night, as they frequently swapped position. I think Crofts should play. JFC is probably the best fit option in the middle until Stephens recovers. Not sure where March fits into SH tactics even when fit?
Adam Chicksen played well on Tuesday largely against Sam Byram who is regarded as one of the best young attacking full backs in the division. He sometimes got dragged too far into the middle and left too much space on the left side but used his pace to recover. I think Bennet should be brought on as a sub for 30 minutes to keep them both happy and reward a solid mid week performance. Calderon spent as much time in midfield as Bruno on Tuesday night, as they frequently swapped position. I think Crofts should play. JFC is probably the best fit option in the middle until Stephens recovers. Not sure where March fits into SH tactics even when fit? Mystertoo
  • Score: 2

6:44pm Fri 22 Aug 14

wardfan says...

Well after Tuesday, I think Sami should pick the Team. I wish we could all move on from the Poyet issue.

Just one thing if Solly is not happy with Brighton let him go. A new era at Brighton & Hove Albion.
Well after Tuesday, I think Sami should pick the Team. I wish we could all move on from the Poyet issue. Just one thing if Solly is not happy with Brighton let him go. A new era at Brighton & Hove Albion. wardfan
  • Score: 0

7:06pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Conelli98 says...

wardfan wrote:
Well after Tuesday, I think Sami should pick the Team. I wish we could all move on from the Poyet issue.

Just one thing if Solly is not happy with Brighton let him go. A new era at Brighton & Hove Albion.
He's probably got Bucklitis!!! Also known as cantgetmyheadstraigh
tduetobeingchasedbyP
remclub!😷
[quote][p][bold]wardfan[/bold] wrote: Well after Tuesday, I think Sami should pick the Team. I wish we could all move on from the Poyet issue. Just one thing if Solly is not happy with Brighton let him go. A new era at Brighton & Hove Albion.[/p][/quote]He's probably got Bucklitis!!! Also known as cantgetmyheadstraigh tduetobeingchasedbyP remclub!😷 Conelli98
  • Score: 5

8:00pm Fri 22 Aug 14

JeffLomer says...

Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Anthony 14 wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.
On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit!
Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.
Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely?
That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.
Evening Staffs, Bruno to me is better in midfield than he is at right back, I was at the Leeds game and he had a solid game in that position, Jake played well but he seems to have a lot off on here who don't like him but he's still only 20, a bit like Chicksen had a solid game and in my opinion deserves to keep his place, same eleven for me tomorrow, but we will leave that to Hyppia,
Up the Albion!!
[quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.[/p][/quote]On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit![/p][/quote]Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.[/p][/quote]Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely? That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.[/p][/quote]Evening Staffs, Bruno to me is better in midfield than he is at right back, I was at the Leeds game and he had a solid game in that position, Jake played well but he seems to have a lot off on here who don't like him but he's still only 20, a bit like Chicksen had a solid game and in my opinion deserves to keep his place, same eleven for me tomorrow, but we will leave that to Hyppia, Up the Albion!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 2

8:16pm Fri 22 Aug 14

ringtone says...

JeffLomer wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Anthony 14 wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.
On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit!
Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.
Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely?
That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.
Evening Staffs, Bruno to me is better in midfield than he is at right back, I was at the Leeds game and he had a solid game in that position, Jake played well but he seems to have a lot off on here who don't like him but he's still only 20, a bit like Chicksen had a solid game and in my opinion deserves to keep his place, same eleven for me tomorrow, but we will leave that to Hyppia,
Up the Albion!!
Sorry Jeff.

But it cant be the same eleven as Kemy is out.

Did appreciate your away fans friendly boozers guide in Leeds the only suprise was there was one, boozer that is.
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.[/p][/quote]On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit![/p][/quote]Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.[/p][/quote]Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely? That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.[/p][/quote]Evening Staffs, Bruno to me is better in midfield than he is at right back, I was at the Leeds game and he had a solid game in that position, Jake played well but he seems to have a lot off on here who don't like him but he's still only 20, a bit like Chicksen had a solid game and in my opinion deserves to keep his place, same eleven for me tomorrow, but we will leave that to Hyppia, Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]Sorry Jeff. But it cant be the same eleven as Kemy is out. Did appreciate your away fans friendly boozers guide in Leeds the only suprise was there was one, boozer that is. ringtone
  • Score: 0

8:43pm Fri 22 Aug 14

JeffLomer says...

ringtone wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Anthony 14 wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.
On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit!
Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.
Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely?
That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.
Evening Staffs, Bruno to me is better in midfield than he is at right back, I was at the Leeds game and he had a solid game in that position, Jake played well but he seems to have a lot off on here who don't like him but he's still only 20, a bit like Chicksen had a solid game and in my opinion deserves to keep his place, same eleven for me tomorrow, but we will leave that to Hyppia,
Up the Albion!!
Sorry Jeff.

But it cant be the same eleven as Kemy is out.

Did appreciate your away fans friendly boozers guide in Leeds the only suprise was there was one, boozer that is.
Evening Ringtone, yer my mistake your right Kemy is out, must off been that 9 hour journey from Leeds to Brighton I had to endure today to come down to see family but more important the Albion, I'm glad you enjoyed my pub guide in Leeds, there are other pubs but not many within walking distance to the ground, and the couple that are full off Leeds bell end fans, always grim up north ringtone, keep up your humour makes me laugh, I don't know why you act the clown on here because sometimes your posts are good but then you agree with the the idiots which makes you unpopular as them, think about it!!
Just my view, I'll probably get hammered but I can stand the stick!!
up the Albion!!
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.[/p][/quote]On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit![/p][/quote]Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.[/p][/quote]Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely? That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.[/p][/quote]Evening Staffs, Bruno to me is better in midfield than he is at right back, I was at the Leeds game and he had a solid game in that position, Jake played well but he seems to have a lot off on here who don't like him but he's still only 20, a bit like Chicksen had a solid game and in my opinion deserves to keep his place, same eleven for me tomorrow, but we will leave that to Hyppia, Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]Sorry Jeff. But it cant be the same eleven as Kemy is out. Did appreciate your away fans friendly boozers guide in Leeds the only suprise was there was one, boozer that is.[/p][/quote]Evening Ringtone, yer my mistake your right Kemy is out, must off been that 9 hour journey from Leeds to Brighton I had to endure today to come down to see family but more important the Albion, I'm glad you enjoyed my pub guide in Leeds, there are other pubs but not many within walking distance to the ground, and the couple that are full off Leeds bell end fans, always grim up north ringtone, keep up your humour makes me laugh, I don't know why you act the clown on here because sometimes your posts are good but then you agree with the the idiots which makes you unpopular as them, think about it!! Just my view, I'll probably get hammered but I can stand the stick!! up the Albion!! JeffLomer
  • Score: -2

9:02pm Fri 22 Aug 14

ballantrrae says...

Jonathan Mouette wrote:
I like SH's attitude toward players keeping their places. Regular readers will know that I admire the effort Adam Chicksen has put in to earn his place and after his performance at Bolton I believe he has done the necessary to start again tomorrow. Maybe Joe Bennett can first of all prove his fitness before ousting AC.
At last it looks as though Sami is going to have a selection problem and it will be interesting to see how he manipulates the team to accommodate Plan B whenever that becomes essential - interesting because neither of the previous 2 managers managed that little trick. Interesting times ahead. UTA...!!!
I agree with the general principle JM of players keeping their place in the starting eleven when playing well. However One reasonably positive performance doesn't mean the player automatically starts. Chicksen looked very vulnerable against Peterborough and even more so against Southampton in pre-season. Clyde in the latter match was going past Chicksen as if he wasn't there.
I think Chicksen's time will come. He looks much happier moving forward and I feel needs to go out on loan for a month or two to get some much needed playing time. Such a loan would help his development considerably IMO.
Changing subject With only 10 days to go before the window closes we still need 3 or 4 more forwards. A couple of strikers and 1 or 2 wingers. We still have to replace Ulloa and Buckley at the very least but I would also like to see a player in the Lingard mould who can either play up front or out wide, signed as well.
Finally I approve of the strategy the Albion see to be adopting of acquiring quality young players who have potential like Lenihan (if we get him) with the future in mind.
It is going to take a few years before our Academy is going to produce a lot of quality young players like Manchester United or even Southampton. In the meantime we need to buy a number of young players who can step up to the first team when required. Chicksen almost falls into this category.
UTA.
[quote][p][bold]Jonathan Mouette[/bold] wrote: I like SH's attitude toward players keeping their places. Regular readers will know that I admire the effort Adam Chicksen has put in to earn his place and after his performance at Bolton I believe he has done the necessary to start again tomorrow. Maybe Joe Bennett can first of all prove his fitness before ousting AC. At last it looks as though Sami is going to have a selection problem and it will be interesting to see how he manipulates the team to accommodate Plan B whenever that becomes essential - interesting because neither of the previous 2 managers managed that little trick. Interesting times ahead. UTA...!!![/p][/quote]I agree with the general principle JM of players keeping their place in the starting eleven when playing well. However One reasonably positive performance doesn't mean the player automatically starts. Chicksen looked very vulnerable against Peterborough and even more so against Southampton in pre-season. Clyde in the latter match was going past Chicksen as if he wasn't there. I think Chicksen's time will come. He looks much happier moving forward and I feel needs to go out on loan for a month or two to get some much needed playing time. Such a loan would help his development considerably IMO. Changing subject With only 10 days to go before the window closes we still need 3 or 4 more forwards. A couple of strikers and 1 or 2 wingers. We still have to replace Ulloa and Buckley at the very least but I would also like to see a player in the Lingard mould who can either play up front or out wide, signed as well. Finally I approve of the strategy the Albion see to be adopting of acquiring quality young players who have potential like Lenihan (if we get him) with the future in mind. It is going to take a few years before our Academy is going to produce a lot of quality young players like Manchester United or even Southampton. In the meantime we need to buy a number of young players who can step up to the first team when required. Chicksen almost falls into this category. UTA. ballantrrae
  • Score: 3

10:04pm Fri 22 Aug 14

tug509 says...

JeffLomer wrote:
ringtone wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Anthony 14 wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.
On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit!
Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.
Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely?
That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.
Evening Staffs, Bruno to me is better in midfield than he is at right back, I was at the Leeds game and he had a solid game in that position, Jake played well but he seems to have a lot off on here who don't like him but he's still only 20, a bit like Chicksen had a solid game and in my opinion deserves to keep his place, same eleven for me tomorrow, but we will leave that to Hyppia,
Up the Albion!!
Sorry Jeff.

But it cant be the same eleven as Kemy is out.

Did appreciate your away fans friendly boozers guide in Leeds the only suprise was there was one, boozer that is.
Evening Ringtone, yer my mistake your right Kemy is out, must off been that 9 hour journey from Leeds to Brighton I had to endure today to come down to see family but more important the Albion, I'm glad you enjoyed my pub guide in Leeds, there are other pubs but not many within walking distance to the ground, and the couple that are full off Leeds bell end fans, always grim up north ringtone, keep up your humour makes me laugh, I don't know why you act the clown on here because sometimes your posts are good but then you agree with the the idiots which makes you unpopular as them, think about it!!
Just my view, I'll probably get hammered but I can stand the stick!!
up the Albion!!
The one problem I have Jeff ,is that who gets to decide who the "Idiots" are , you ? ,that's why I like Ringy ,love him or hate him ,pretentious he aint ! . 3-1 . UTA
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.[/p][/quote]On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit![/p][/quote]Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.[/p][/quote]Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely? That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.[/p][/quote]Evening Staffs, Bruno to me is better in midfield than he is at right back, I was at the Leeds game and he had a solid game in that position, Jake played well but he seems to have a lot off on here who don't like him but he's still only 20, a bit like Chicksen had a solid game and in my opinion deserves to keep his place, same eleven for me tomorrow, but we will leave that to Hyppia, Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]Sorry Jeff. But it cant be the same eleven as Kemy is out. Did appreciate your away fans friendly boozers guide in Leeds the only suprise was there was one, boozer that is.[/p][/quote]Evening Ringtone, yer my mistake your right Kemy is out, must off been that 9 hour journey from Leeds to Brighton I had to endure today to come down to see family but more important the Albion, I'm glad you enjoyed my pub guide in Leeds, there are other pubs but not many within walking distance to the ground, and the couple that are full off Leeds bell end fans, always grim up north ringtone, keep up your humour makes me laugh, I don't know why you act the clown on here because sometimes your posts are good but then you agree with the the idiots which makes you unpopular as them, think about it!! Just my view, I'll probably get hammered but I can stand the stick!! up the Albion!![/p][/quote]The one problem I have Jeff ,is that who gets to decide who the "Idiots" are , you ? ,that's why I like Ringy ,love him or hate him ,pretentious he aint ! . 3-1 . UTA tug509
  • Score: 0

10:32pm Fri 22 Aug 14

JeffLomer says...

tug509 wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
ringtone wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
Tommy11 wrote:
Anthony 14 wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.
Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.
On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit!
Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.
Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely?
That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.
Evening Staffs, Bruno to me is better in midfield than he is at right back, I was at the Leeds game and he had a solid game in that position, Jake played well but he seems to have a lot off on here who don't like him but he's still only 20, a bit like Chicksen had a solid game and in my opinion deserves to keep his place, same eleven for me tomorrow, but we will leave that to Hyppia,
Up the Albion!!
Sorry Jeff.

But it cant be the same eleven as Kemy is out.

Did appreciate your away fans friendly boozers guide in Leeds the only suprise was there was one, boozer that is.
Evening Ringtone, yer my mistake your right Kemy is out, must off been that 9 hour journey from Leeds to Brighton I had to endure today to come down to see family but more important the Albion, I'm glad you enjoyed my pub guide in Leeds, there are other pubs but not many within walking distance to the ground, and the couple that are full off Leeds bell end fans, always grim up north ringtone, keep up your humour makes me laugh, I don't know why you act the clown on here because sometimes your posts are good but then you agree with the the idiots which makes you unpopular as them, think about it!!
Just my view, I'll probably get hammered but I can stand the stick!!
up the Albion!!
The one problem I have Jeff ,is that who gets to decide who the "Idiots" are , you ? ,that's why I like Ringy ,love him or hate him ,pretentious he aint ! . 3-1 . UTA
Yer I decide who I think the idiots are plenty on here to choose from on this forum, to me ringtone ain't a idiot, but many would disagree but he's easily swayed in agreeing with the idiots!!
2-0
Up the Albion!!
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tommy11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anthony 14[/bold] wrote: I agree, Crofts should play instead of JFC. He has an incredible habit of hiding in games and can go 20 mins without touching the ball! Crofts is much better.[/p][/quote]Totally agree - With all the good midfielders that we have..there is not a reason why JFC should get into the side. He has been out of his debth , and i'm sorry to say - alyways will be! To weak, small, leight weight - but he is great at hiding! Also we really should be looking at Toko instead of Bruno. Give the lad a run please SH.[/p][/quote]On what basis would you give Toko a run exactly? He hasn't been selected to start yet, Bruno played in the best performance so far on Tuesday and I doubt you've seen Toko in training quite as much as SH has! There's absolutely no justification for a gratuitous selection when Hyppia is clearly picking players on merit![/p][/quote]Because Toko is a strong midfielder - Bruno is still a full back playing in the middle. Yes, he played well at Leeds. But let's not get carried away. Leeds are a poor side - we have plenty of good midfielders this season. I don't see why we need to start playing people out of position when it comes to midfield.[/p][/quote]Playing Bruno 'out of position' didn't end up so badly on Tuesday did it? And anyway, who says Toko is a strong midfielder and good enough in this company? SH sees him every day. As you say, Bruno is a right back and STILL gets picked ahead of a career midfielder.. enough said surely? That says much about what SH thinks about Toko. As fans we have no direct experience of Toko to form an opinion. I much prefer to go with a guy who sees him day in day out.[/p][/quote]Evening Staffs, Bruno to me is better in midfield than he is at right back, I was at the Leeds game and he had a solid game in that position, Jake played well but he seems to have a lot off on here who don't like him but he's still only 20, a bit like Chicksen had a solid game and in my opinion deserves to keep his place, same eleven for me tomorrow, but we will leave that to Hyppia, Up the Albion!![/p][/quote]Sorry Jeff. But it cant be the same eleven as Kemy is out. Did appreciate your away fans friendly boozers guide in Leeds the only suprise was there was one, boozer that is.[/p][/quote]Evening Ringtone, yer my mistake your right Kemy is out, must off been that 9 hour journey from Leeds to Brighton I had to endure today to come down to see family but more important the Albion, I'm glad you enjoyed my pub guide in Leeds, there are other pubs but not many within walking distance to the ground, and the couple that are full off Leeds bell end fans, always grim up north ringtone, keep up your humour makes me laugh, I don't know why you act the clown on here because sometimes your posts are good but then you agree with the the idiots which makes you unpopular as them, think about it!! Just my view, I'll probably get hammered but I can stand the stick!! up the Albion!![/p][/quote]The one problem I have Jeff ,is that who gets to decide who the "Idiots" are , you ? ,that's why I like Ringy ,love him or hate him ,pretentious he aint ! . 3-1 . UTA[/p][/quote]Yer I decide who I think the idiots are plenty on here to choose from on this forum, to me ringtone ain't a idiot, but many would disagree but he's easily swayed in agreeing with the idiots!! 2-0 Up the Albion!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 0

9:11am Sat 23 Aug 14

lenward says...

I think were Sami is clever , he seams to know players strengths and changes the team to they strengths. some games you need skill, some games you strong play. games like Millwall why you need strong players that can muscle players off the ball. Games like Fulham you will need skill and players that can out think the other side. With teams like Bolton today you need a bit of both, and Sami seams to know who to play in what game.

Has for the question of Bruno, he seams to be like some players who forget they have to defend, so playing in front of the back four he can defend and attack and not be court out of position, clever move by Sami.

Today we will need battlers in midfield, so you could see Croft in for JFC .
I think were Sami is clever , he seams to know players strengths and changes the team to they strengths. some games you need skill, some games you strong play. games like Millwall why you need strong players that can muscle players off the ball. Games like Fulham you will need skill and players that can out think the other side. With teams like Bolton today you need a bit of both, and Sami seams to know who to play in what game. Has for the question of Bruno, he seams to be like some players who forget they have to defend, so playing in front of the back four he can defend and attack and not be court out of position, clever move by Sami. Today we will need battlers in midfield, so you could see Croft in for JFC . lenward
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree