Bolton will ask former Albion striker Craig Davies to lead the attack at the Amex today.
Davies starts at the sharp end with fellow striker Joe Mason, on loan from Cardiff, likely to be tucked in just behind him as they chase a first win of the league campaign.
Wanderers have made three changes to the side which lost 2-1 at home to Middlesbrough in midweek.
Boss Dougie Freedman has resisted the temptation to play five at the back, instead using left-footed central defender Tim Ream at left-back ahead of ex-Palace man Dean Moxey.
But they will have plenty of men behind the ball with Jay Spearing and Medo Kamara both expected to play defensive midfield roles.
Bolton: Bogdan; White, Mills, Wheater, Ream; Spearing, Medo; Lee, Danns, Mason; Davies. Subs: Lonergan, Threlkeld, Dervite, Pratley, Trotter, Feeney, Beckford.
- You could watch Albion for two quid when they last beat Arsenal
- Today's the day - but will Albion stun the holders? Cast your vote here
- Skipper still targeting Premier League for Albion
- Arsenal's odds tumble as big guns crash out of Cup
- Albion still six clear of drop zone - and shellshocked Blackpool are up next