Bolton will ask former Albion striker Craig Davies to lead the attack at the Amex today.
Davies starts at the sharp end with fellow striker Joe Mason, on loan from Cardiff, likely to be tucked in just behind him as they chase a first win of the league campaign.
Wanderers have made three changes to the side which lost 2-1 at home to Middlesbrough in midweek.
Boss Dougie Freedman has resisted the temptation to play five at the back, instead using left-footed central defender Tim Ream at left-back ahead of ex-Palace man Dean Moxey.
But they will have plenty of men behind the ball with Jay Spearing and Medo Kamara both expected to play defensive midfield roles.
Bolton: Bogdan; White, Mills, Wheater, Ream; Spearing, Medo; Lee, Danns, Mason; Davies. Subs: Lonergan, Threlkeld, Dervite, Pratley, Trotter, Feeney, Beckford.
- Dowie backs Bent to be a hit with Albion
- Albion set to capture Darren Bent
- Bruno: We're starting to see the real Colunga - but his best is still to come
- Albion prospect poised for return to action
- Stockdale tips rookie Albion goalkeeper Walton to reach the very top