Albion are set to unveil Spanish striker Adrian Colunga as their latest summer signing.
The former Getafe frontrunner, who is now a free agent, is believed to have agreed a two-year deal at the Amex.
Colunga, who is 5ft 8in, scored four goals last term in the Spanish top flight.
He underwent a medical after watching yesterday's 2-1 win over Bolton.
- Albion Analysis: Striker search will define summer business
- Albion ready to fight to keep top assets
- Pep talk from skipper inspired Sussex fightback against Middlesex
- Sussex withstand Stirling onslaught to ease to victory against Middlesex
- Chris Adams column: Roy proves you must give players freedom