Albion fans have been told their side has just undergone an upgrade with the addition of Adrian Colunga.
The former Getafe striker has signed a two-year deal with the Seagulls after passing a medical last night.
Colunga, 29, was previously with Sporting Gijon, who also rank among the former clubs of ex-Seagulls frontman David Rodriguez.
Albion have been told they have signed a Rodriguez-type attacker – but better - in 5ft 9ins, Oviedo-born Colunga.
Reporter Javier Barrio of the El Comercio de Gijon newspaper said: “He is a very good player. His style is similar to David Rodriguez but Adrian is a far better player.
“I think his natural place in Spain is in the first division. He is very competitive.”
- Albion defender Rosenior determined to overcome the managerial odds
- Rosenior reckons Albion have the perfect blend to clinch promotion
- Davis backs injury-hit Sussex to be fit and firing for start of new season
- Albion striker Hemed responds to Israel ban
- More clean sheet joy with England for Albion defender Tomori