Video - How Albion's new boy left Getafe in style

Adrian Colunga

Adrian Colunga

First published in Sport by

Albion new boy Adrian Colunga bowed out of the Spanish top flight in some style.

He scored the winner for Getafe against Malaga in his last home game.

His final appearance came in a 2-2 draw with Barcelona at the Nou Camp which proved to be a key result in the race for the title.

Barca were left needing to win at home Atletico Madrid.

Another draw in that game gave Getafe’s neighbours Atleti the crown.

Our video shows Colunga’s eighth-minute strike which secured the win over Malaga.

The beaten goalkeeper is Willy Cabellero, now of Manchester City.

Colunga’s simple strike here was his 36th goal in the top flight, four of which came last season.

In all he started 98 first-tier games in Spain and also came off the bench 50 times.

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:45pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Dublin_Seagull says...

Fantastic signing for the Seagulls. Bloom was true to his word when he said we be happy with our squad at the end of this transfer window. So excited now.
In Tony we trust.
Uta
Fantastic signing for the Seagulls. Bloom was true to his word when he said we be happy with our squad at the end of this transfer window. So excited now. In Tony we trust. Uta Dublin_Seagull
  • Score: 20

3:19pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Weploughandmow says...

36 goals in 98 starts is a pretty good strike rate . . .
36 goals in 98 starts is a pretty good strike rate . . . Weploughandmow
  • Score: 15

3:36pm Sun 24 Aug 14

sussexram40 says...

He couldn't miss really.
Video doesnt work - had to watch on YouTube.
He couldn't miss really. Video doesnt work - had to watch on YouTube. sussexram40
  • Score: -23

3:58pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

"His final appearance came in a 2-2 draw with Barcelona at the Nou Camp"

A regular in probably the best league on the planet and yet several contributors immediately posted on the announcement story how this was in some way a disappointing signing. How many times do we need to say "give the man a chance before you write him off" ?

Also, it would be nice if Burke was given credit, unless you're of the indefensible persuasion that all the bad buys are Burke's and all the good ones Hyppia's.
"His final appearance came in a 2-2 draw with Barcelona at the Nou Camp" A regular in probably the best league on the planet and yet several contributors immediately posted on the announcement story how this was in some way a disappointing signing. How many times do we need to say "give the man a chance before you write him off" ? Also, it would be nice if Burke was given credit, unless you're of the indefensible persuasion that all the bad buys are Burke's and all the good ones Hyppia's. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 19

4:37pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.
The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -31

5:17pm Sun 24 Aug 14

ringtone says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
"His final appearance came in a 2-2 draw with Barcelona at the Nou Camp"

A regular in probably the best league on the planet and yet several contributors immediately posted on the announcement story how this was in some way a disappointing signing. How many times do we need to say "give the man a chance before you write him off" ?

Also, it would be nice if Burke was given credit, unless you're of the indefensible persuasion that all the bad buys are Burke's and all the good ones Hyppia's.
But as said, you don't get to see what Burke does at work but now you are giving him the credit for this signing.

Make your mind up or come clean on your club connections.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: "His final appearance came in a 2-2 draw with Barcelona at the Nou Camp" A regular in probably the best league on the planet and yet several contributors immediately posted on the announcement story how this was in some way a disappointing signing. How many times do we need to say "give the man a chance before you write him off" ? Also, it would be nice if Burke was given credit, unless you're of the indefensible persuasion that all the bad buys are Burke's and all the good ones Hyppia's.[/p][/quote]But as said, you don't get to see what Burke does at work but now you are giving him the credit for this signing. Make your mind up or come clean on your club connections. ringtone
  • Score: -1

5:19pm Sun 24 Aug 14

jockithenoo says...

Leo in la liga 10/11 7 in 34
Adrian in la liga 10/11 8 in 29
Look what Leo has gone on to Adrian can go on to do the same .
This is the only way to compare same season same league
UTA
Leo in la liga 10/11 7 in 34 Adrian in la liga 10/11 8 in 29 Look what Leo has gone on to Adrian can go on to do the same . This is the only way to compare same season same league UTA jockithenoo
  • Score: 11

5:19pm Sun 24 Aug 14

OldGull says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.
yes dear
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.[/p][/quote]yes dear OldGull
  • Score: 4

5:22pm Sun 24 Aug 14

ringtone says...

jockithenoo wrote:
Leo in la liga 10/11 7 in 34
Adrian in la liga 10/11 8 in 29
Look what Leo has gone on to Adrian can go on to do the same .
This is the only way to compare same season same league
UTA
What about compairing the price tags the Albion paid for each player for a more rounded version of the truth.
[quote][p][bold]jockithenoo[/bold] wrote: Leo in la liga 10/11 7 in 34 Adrian in la liga 10/11 8 in 29 Look what Leo has gone on to Adrian can go on to do the same . This is the only way to compare same season same league UTA[/p][/quote]What about compairing the price tags the Albion paid for each player for a more rounded version of the truth. ringtone
  • Score: -8

5:38pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

OldGull wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.
yes dear
It doesn't matter how much the club try to dress this up as a quality signing, the fact remains that all the money gained from selling our best players is still not being put to good use. Make do and mend with freebies and cheap deals won't cut the mustard. It's the suits and the number crunchers you should be pouring your scorn on.
[quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.[/p][/quote]yes dear[/p][/quote]It doesn't matter how much the club try to dress this up as a quality signing, the fact remains that all the money gained from selling our best players is still not being put to good use. Make do and mend with freebies and cheap deals won't cut the mustard. It's the suits and the number crunchers you should be pouring your scorn on. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -18

5:41pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Rhodes Seagull says...

And the news on Brian Lenihan
"last night, said: "Sunday I think, going to be heading over to meet with Brighton, I'm not really sure how it will go"
And the news on Brian Lenihan "last night, said: "Sunday I think, going to be heading over to meet with Brighton, I'm not really sure how it will go" Rhodes Seagull
  • Score: -1

5:49pm Sun 24 Aug 14

OldGull says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
OldGull wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.
yes dear
It doesn't matter how much the club try to dress this up as a quality signing, the fact remains that all the money gained from selling our best players is still not being put to good use. Make do and mend with freebies and cheap deals won't cut the mustard. It's the suits and the number crunchers you should be pouring your scorn on.
yes dear
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.[/p][/quote]yes dear[/p][/quote]It doesn't matter how much the club try to dress this up as a quality signing, the fact remains that all the money gained from selling our best players is still not being put to good use. Make do and mend with freebies and cheap deals won't cut the mustard. It's the suits and the number crunchers you should be pouring your scorn on.[/p][/quote]yes dear OldGull
  • Score: 4

5:57pm Sun 24 Aug 14

don't wanna do it like that says...

ringtone wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
"His final appearance came in a 2-2 draw with Barcelona at the Nou Camp"

A regular in probably the best league on the planet and yet several contributors immediately posted on the announcement story how this was in some way a disappointing signing. How many times do we need to say "give the man a chance before you write him off" ?

Also, it would be nice if Burke was given credit, unless you're of the indefensible persuasion that all the bad buys are Burke's and all the good ones Hyppia's.
But as said, you don't get to see what Burke does at work but now you are giving him the credit for this signing.

Make your mind up or come clean on your club connections.
Yes-maybe-no that is what most post,always 100%-fact,when the news is positive.

Always correct
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: "His final appearance came in a 2-2 draw with Barcelona at the Nou Camp" A regular in probably the best league on the planet and yet several contributors immediately posted on the announcement story how this was in some way a disappointing signing. How many times do we need to say "give the man a chance before you write him off" ? Also, it would be nice if Burke was given credit, unless you're of the indefensible persuasion that all the bad buys are Burke's and all the good ones Hyppia's.[/p][/quote]But as said, you don't get to see what Burke does at work but now you are giving him the credit for this signing. Make your mind up or come clean on your club connections.[/p][/quote]Yes-maybe-no that is what most post,always 100%-fact,when the news is positive. Always correct don't wanna do it like that
  • Score: -1

6:04pm Sun 24 Aug 14

namgo49 says...

I think the fact that he looks like Rodriguez puts him at a disadvantage in the back of a number of contributors minds. Hopefully he will be able to cope with the power and pace of the league far better than Rodney.

He has only got a two year deal, whereas LU got a four and a half year, so there must be a niggle of doubt in the clubs mind too!!

SH plays a different system don't forget so height and strength are not so essential.
I think the fact that he looks like Rodriguez puts him at a disadvantage in the back of a number of contributors minds. Hopefully he will be able to cope with the power and pace of the league far better than Rodney. He has only got a two year deal, whereas LU got a four and a half year, so there must be a niggle of doubt in the clubs mind too!! SH plays a different system don't forget so height and strength are not so essential. namgo49
  • Score: 0

6:09pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Mayfield sweeper says...

OldGull wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
OldGull wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.
yes dear
It doesn't matter how much the club try to dress this up as a quality signing, the fact remains that all the money gained from selling our best players is still not being put to good use. Make do and mend with freebies and cheap deals won't cut the mustard. It's the suits and the number crunchers you should be pouring your scorn on.
yes dear
Do we really want a player who sucks his thumb as well? I certainly don't and nor should you. This club has seen enough embarrassment over the years.
[quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.[/p][/quote]yes dear[/p][/quote]It doesn't matter how much the club try to dress this up as a quality signing, the fact remains that all the money gained from selling our best players is still not being put to good use. Make do and mend with freebies and cheap deals won't cut the mustard. It's the suits and the number crunchers you should be pouring your scorn on.[/p][/quote]yes dear[/p][/quote]Do we really want a player who sucks his thumb as well? I certainly don't and nor should you. This club has seen enough embarrassment over the years. Mayfield sweeper
  • Score: -7

6:18pm Sun 24 Aug 14

AGT999 says...

Just been checking him out on youtube, he appears to be very quick and strong with a great shot in both feet. Looking forward to see how he fits in with us.
Just been checking him out on youtube, he appears to be very quick and strong with a great shot in both feet. Looking forward to see how he fits in with us. AGT999
  • Score: 11

6:30pm Sun 24 Aug 14

OldGull says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
OldGull wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
OldGull wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.
yes dear
It doesn't matter how much the club try to dress this up as a quality signing, the fact remains that all the money gained from selling our best players is still not being put to good use. Make do and mend with freebies and cheap deals won't cut the mustard. It's the suits and the number crunchers you should be pouring your scorn on.
yes dear
Do we really want a player who sucks his thumb as well? I certainly don't and nor should you. This club has seen enough embarrassment over the years.
Are you being Thumbist as well as stupid now?
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.[/p][/quote]yes dear[/p][/quote]It doesn't matter how much the club try to dress this up as a quality signing, the fact remains that all the money gained from selling our best players is still not being put to good use. Make do and mend with freebies and cheap deals won't cut the mustard. It's the suits and the number crunchers you should be pouring your scorn on.[/p][/quote]yes dear[/p][/quote]Do we really want a player who sucks his thumb as well? I certainly don't and nor should you. This club has seen enough embarrassment over the years.[/p][/quote]Are you being Thumbist as well as stupid now? OldGull
  • Score: 2

6:35pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Conelli98 says...

OldGull wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
OldGull wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
OldGull wrote:
Mayfield sweeper wrote:
The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.
yes dear
It doesn't matter how much the club try to dress this up as a quality signing, the fact remains that all the money gained from selling our best players is still not being put to good use. Make do and mend with freebies and cheap deals won't cut the mustard. It's the suits and the number crunchers you should be pouring your scorn on.
yes dear
Do we really want a player who sucks his thumb as well? I certainly don't and nor should you. This club has seen enough embarrassment over the years.
Are you being Thumbist as well as stupid now?
👍👎???
[quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.[/p][/quote]yes dear[/p][/quote]It doesn't matter how much the club try to dress this up as a quality signing, the fact remains that all the money gained from selling our best players is still not being put to good use. Make do and mend with freebies and cheap deals won't cut the mustard. It's the suits and the number crunchers you should be pouring your scorn on.[/p][/quote]yes dear[/p][/quote]Do we really want a player who sucks his thumb as well? I certainly don't and nor should you. This club has seen enough embarrassment over the years.[/p][/quote]Are you being Thumbist as well as stupid now?[/p][/quote]👍👎??? Conelli98
  • Score: 0

6:44pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Cap'n Pugwash says...

AGT999 wrote:
Just been checking him out on youtube, he appears to be very quick and strong with a great shot in both feet. Looking forward to see how he fits in with us.
Interesting that you received a thumbs down for this comment.
[quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: Just been checking him out on youtube, he appears to be very quick and strong with a great shot in both feet. Looking forward to see how he fits in with us.[/p][/quote]Interesting that you received a thumbs down for this comment. Cap'n Pugwash
  • Score: -2

6:46pm Sun 24 Aug 14

wardfan says...

In my opinion this lad is a good signing 20 goals he will score you wait & see.
In my opinion this lad is a good signing 20 goals he will score you wait & see. wardfan
  • Score: 6

6:54pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Conelli98 says...

6:51pm Sun 24 Aug 14
Conelli98 says...

sussexram40 wrote:
Congratulations are due to Will Buckkley who had an outstanding debut for Sunderland today and gave the Man Utd defnce all sorts of problems. High praise for King Will from the commentators . He's looking an absoluate nargain at £2.5m - looks like we sold him too cheaply though no doubt the low fee was skilfully engineered by GP and WB and Will was under orders to lower his value by being injured and not playing very well.
Only reason sick note played is because sick note Adam Johnson was sick! He will only be a bit part player as will Bridcutt! He had a good first half but none existent in the second. Good luck to both but We are now aboard THE Sami Steamroller and not Gus's Bus!
6:51pm Sun 24 Aug 14 Conelli98 says... sussexram40 wrote: Congratulations are due to Will Buckkley who had an outstanding debut for Sunderland today and gave the Man Utd defnce all sorts of problems. High praise for King Will from the commentators . He's looking an absoluate nargain at £2.5m - looks like we sold him too cheaply though no doubt the low fee was skilfully engineered by GP and WB and Will was under orders to lower his value by being injured and not playing very well. Only reason sick note played is because sick note Adam Johnson was sick! He will only be a bit part player as will Bridcutt! He had a good first half but none existent in the second. Good luck to both but We are now aboard THE Sami Steamroller and not Gus's Bus! Conelli98
  • Score: 5

6:59pm Sun 24 Aug 14

AGT999 says...

Cap'n Pugwash wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
Just been checking him out on youtube, he appears to be very quick and strong with a great shot in both feet. Looking forward to see how he fits in with us.
Interesting that you received a thumbs down for this comment.
I know, just one of the idiots that get on here.
[quote][p][bold]Cap'n Pugwash[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: Just been checking him out on youtube, he appears to be very quick and strong with a great shot in both feet. Looking forward to see how he fits in with us.[/p][/quote]Interesting that you received a thumbs down for this comment.[/p][/quote]I know, just one of the idiots that get on here. AGT999
  • Score: 5

6:59pm Sun 24 Aug 14

AGT999 says...

Cap'n Pugwash wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
Just been checking him out on youtube, he appears to be very quick and strong with a great shot in both feet. Looking forward to see how he fits in with us.
Interesting that you received a thumbs down for this comment.
I know, just one of the idiots that get on here.
[quote][p][bold]Cap'n Pugwash[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: Just been checking him out on youtube, he appears to be very quick and strong with a great shot in both feet. Looking forward to see how he fits in with us.[/p][/quote]Interesting that you received a thumbs down for this comment.[/p][/quote]I know, just one of the idiots that get on here. AGT999
  • Score: -3

7:07pm Sun 24 Aug 14

wardfan says...

I would like to mention all great goal scorers are under 5ft 8ins . Please let give the lad a chance, to show what he can do.

To be honest I don't care if he came from the Sunday league, he is now a Brighton player. I for one will judge the lad on how many goals he scores for Brighton or the assists.
I would like to mention all great goal scorers are under 5ft 8ins . Please let give the lad a chance, to show what he can do. To be honest I don't care if he came from the Sunday league, he is now a Brighton player. I for one will judge the lad on how many goals he scores for Brighton or the assists. wardfan
  • Score: 11

7:17pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Neville says...

15m in the kitty and not a lot spent to date and that is unlikely to change.
One of the lowest gates at the Amex,let's see what next weeks gate brings although Charlton shud bring close to 1500plus.
15m in the kitty and not a lot spent to date and that is unlikely to change. One of the lowest gates at the Amex,let's see what next weeks gate brings although Charlton shud bring close to 1500plus. Neville
  • Score: -6

7:28pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Preyrun says...

Roberto Martinez thought he was capable of playing in the premiership.
Roberto Martinez thought he was capable of playing in the premiership. Preyrun
  • Score: 5

7:40pm Sun 24 Aug 14

OldGull says...

Do we need a big striker?
I am not sure it is essential.
Yes I liked Leo, he was great for us.
But we had slow build up play and then put in crosses into a crowded box.
We needed Leo for that.
Under Sammi we are playing at a quicker tempo putting balls into the channels for the likes of CMS to run onto.
Would Leo have excelled in this new style?
We will never know.
If we bring in a bigger striker, it will presumably be at the expense of CMS, As Teixeira will be indispensible playing off the main striker.
CMS played an excellent match yesterday. Maybe he can become the player we thought Gus was signing 3 years ago.
Do we need a big striker? I am not sure it is essential. Yes I liked Leo, he was great for us. But we had slow build up play and then put in crosses into a crowded box. We needed Leo for that. Under Sammi we are playing at a quicker tempo putting balls into the channels for the likes of CMS to run onto. Would Leo have excelled in this new style? We will never know. If we bring in a bigger striker, it will presumably be at the expense of CMS, As Teixeira will be indispensible playing off the main striker. CMS played an excellent match yesterday. Maybe he can become the player we thought Gus was signing 3 years ago. OldGull
  • Score: 4

7:46pm Sun 24 Aug 14

OldGull says...

Neville wrote:
15m in the kitty and not a lot spent to date and that is unlikely to change.
One of the lowest gates at the Amex,let's see what next weeks gate brings although Charlton shud bring close to 1500plus.
August bank holiday crowds are always lower.
Many people away on holiday.
Next week the crowd will be back up to 27000.
With regard the kitty. If we can sign players of the quality of Holla on a free why spend the money?
[quote][p][bold]Neville[/bold] wrote: 15m in the kitty and not a lot spent to date and that is unlikely to change. One of the lowest gates at the Amex,let's see what next weeks gate brings although Charlton shud bring close to 1500plus.[/p][/quote]August bank holiday crowds are always lower. Many people away on holiday. Next week the crowd will be back up to 27000. With regard the kitty. If we can sign players of the quality of Holla on a free why spend the money? OldGull
  • Score: 14

7:49pm Sun 24 Aug 14

OldGull says...

wardfan wrote:
I would like to mention all great goal scorers are under 5ft 8ins . Please let give the lad a chance, to show what he can do.

To be honest I don't care if he came from the Sunday league, he is now a Brighton player. I for one will judge the lad on how many goals he scores for Brighton or the assists.
Absolutely
Wardy came from non league Burton.

In anyone's list of the top 10 strikers, how many would be 6ft+ ?
[quote][p][bold]wardfan[/bold] wrote: I would like to mention all great goal scorers are under 5ft 8ins . Please let give the lad a chance, to show what he can do. To be honest I don't care if he came from the Sunday league, he is now a Brighton player. I for one will judge the lad on how many goals he scores for Brighton or the assists.[/p][/quote]Absolutely Wardy came from non league Burton. In anyone's list of the top 10 strikers, how many would be 6ft+ ? OldGull
  • Score: 1

8:01pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Never_Wrong says...

Looks like a quality player. I hope he is able to adapt to the Championship, a very different challenge to La Liga.
Looks like a quality player. I hope he is able to adapt to the Championship, a very different challenge to La Liga. Never_Wrong
  • Score: 4

8:05pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Never_Wrong says...

OldGull wrote:
Do we need a big striker?
I am not sure it is essential.
Yes I liked Leo, he was great for us.
But we had slow build up play and then put in crosses into a crowded box.
We needed Leo for that.
Under Sammi we are playing at a quicker tempo putting balls into the channels for the likes of CMS to run onto.
Would Leo have excelled in this new style?
We will never know.
If we bring in a bigger striker, it will presumably be at the expense of CMS, As Teixeira will be indispensible playing off the main striker.
CMS played an excellent match yesterday. Maybe he can become the player we thought Gus was signing 3 years ago.
Good analysis, which will be lost on many that frequent this site. Do they allow the Argus website in the loonatic asylum?
[quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: Do we need a big striker? I am not sure it is essential. Yes I liked Leo, he was great for us. But we had slow build up play and then put in crosses into a crowded box. We needed Leo for that. Under Sammi we are playing at a quicker tempo putting balls into the channels for the likes of CMS to run onto. Would Leo have excelled in this new style? We will never know. If we bring in a bigger striker, it will presumably be at the expense of CMS, As Teixeira will be indispensible playing off the main striker. CMS played an excellent match yesterday. Maybe he can become the player we thought Gus was signing 3 years ago.[/p][/quote]Good analysis, which will be lost on many that frequent this site. Do they allow the Argus website in the loonatic asylum? Never_Wrong
  • Score: -1

9:31pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Aussie Mick says...

Mayfield sweeper wrote:
The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.
Here he goes again.
[quote][p][bold]Mayfield sweeper[/bold] wrote: The defences of la Liga are mostly poor, even Barcelona and Madrid defences aren't great because the emphasis is all on attacking and out scoring the opposition, its no coincidence that Messi and Ronaldo score barrowloads of goals every season there. If you watch Spanish football regularly you will see for yourselves. So the fact that this Mr average has managed a few goals shouldn't be taken as a sign of real quality. In fact one albion supporter I spoke to who is in the know described him as 'pure lower league rubbish.' Whatever, he is not the big target man up front we so badly need.[/p][/quote]Here he goes again. Aussie Mick
  • Score: 4

9:46pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Conelli98 says...

This is just a thought and not an opinion but I thought I would share it with you...and I'm sure some of you will comment...

So we are told that Colunga is very much in the CMS mould...does this mean that CMS could be sold this transfer window? The reason I say this is a, he's in the last year of his contract and we may not get a fee for him if decides to move on at the end of it and b, he stayed well behind on the pitch and end of the game to applaud fans!!!
This is just a thought and not an opinion but I thought I would share it with you...and I'm sure some of you will comment... So we are told that Colunga is very much in the CMS mould...does this mean that CMS could be sold this transfer window? The reason I say this is a, he's in the last year of his contract and we may not get a fee for him if decides to move on at the end of it and b, he stayed well behind on the pitch and end of the game to applaud fans!!! Conelli98
  • Score: 4

9:53pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Neville says...

Old gull
I doubt the crowd will be 27000 next week although I hope so.
All we are doing at the moment is saving money and although there are some useful additions this ,in my opinion is a short term strategy. The players being offered long term contracts are Championship holding players and not PL ready as PB constantly refers.
Old gull I doubt the crowd will be 27000 next week although I hope so. All we are doing at the moment is saving money and although there are some useful additions this ,in my opinion is a short term strategy. The players being offered long term contracts are Championship holding players and not PL ready as PB constantly refers. Neville
  • Score: -9

10:05pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Conelli98 says...

Neville wrote:
Old gull
I doubt the crowd will be 27000 next week although I hope so.
All we are doing at the moment is saving money and although there are some useful additions this ,in my opinion is a short term strategy. The players being offered long term contracts are Championship holding players and not PL ready as PB constantly refers.
Will exceed 27,000 as Charlton will bring 2,000 +
[quote][p][bold]Neville[/bold] wrote: Old gull I doubt the crowd will be 27000 next week although I hope so. All we are doing at the moment is saving money and although there are some useful additions this ,in my opinion is a short term strategy. The players being offered long term contracts are Championship holding players and not PL ready as PB constantly refers.[/p][/quote]Will exceed 27,000 as Charlton will bring 2,000 + Conelli98
  • Score: 9

10:10pm Sun 24 Aug 14

SMF20 says...

Conelli98 wrote:
This is just a thought and not an opinion but I thought I would share it with you...and I'm sure some of you will comment...

So we are told that Colunga is very much in the CMS mould...does this mean that CMS could be sold this transfer window? The reason I say this is a, he's in the last year of his contract and we may not get a fee for him if decides to move on at the end of it and b, he stayed well behind on the pitch and end of the game to applaud fans!!!
He always does my friend.

If Sami wanted rid he wouldn't play him and I doubt very much that Craig himself would put in that much effort in a game if he saw his future elsewhere.
[quote][p][bold]Conelli98[/bold] wrote: This is just a thought and not an opinion but I thought I would share it with you...and I'm sure some of you will comment... So we are told that Colunga is very much in the CMS mould...does this mean that CMS could be sold this transfer window? The reason I say this is a, he's in the last year of his contract and we may not get a fee for him if decides to move on at the end of it and b, he stayed well behind on the pitch and end of the game to applaud fans!!![/p][/quote]He always does my friend. If Sami wanted rid he wouldn't play him and I doubt very much that Craig himself would put in that much effort in a game if he saw his future elsewhere. SMF20
  • Score: 7

10:33pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Brightony says...

Watched a compilation of his goals on youtube: https://www.youtube.
com/watch?v=FZhf1jrj
Y_0

I know the clip spans a few seasons and watching goal after goal is always impressive but he certainly seems to know where the net is and is composed on the ball, particularly one on one with the keeper. I for one am very keen to watch him play in what is becoming a very interesting, new look Albion. Potentially a fantastic few signings this end of the transfer window - hopefully worth the stress of the wait!!!
Watched a compilation of his goals on youtube: https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=FZhf1jrj Y_0 I know the clip spans a few seasons and watching goal after goal is always impressive but he certainly seems to know where the net is and is composed on the ball, particularly one on one with the keeper. I for one am very keen to watch him play in what is becoming a very interesting, new look Albion. Potentially a fantastic few signings this end of the transfer window - hopefully worth the stress of the wait!!! Brightony
  • Score: 6

11:21pm Sun 24 Aug 14

OldGull says...

Neville wrote:
Old gull
I doubt the crowd will be 27000 next week although I hope so.
All we are doing at the moment is saving money and although there are some useful additions this ,in my opinion is a short term strategy. The players being offered long term contracts are Championship holding players and not PL ready as PB constantly refers.
Holla signed from Den Haag who finished 9th in Eredivisie &
Colunga from Getafe who finished 11th in La Liga

Both experienced at top level competition, how can you say they are only Championship holding players?
+ Stockdale & Bennet who both have prem experience
Our young players are being offered long term contracts.
In the contrary I would say we are building towards PL.
If we were to gain promotion this season then new PL signings would occur
[quote][p][bold]Neville[/bold] wrote: Old gull I doubt the crowd will be 27000 next week although I hope so. All we are doing at the moment is saving money and although there are some useful additions this ,in my opinion is a short term strategy. The players being offered long term contracts are Championship holding players and not PL ready as PB constantly refers.[/p][/quote]Holla signed from Den Haag who finished 9th in Eredivisie & Colunga from Getafe who finished 11th in La Liga Both experienced at top level competition, how can you say they are only Championship holding players? + Stockdale & Bennet who both have prem experience Our young players are being offered long term contracts. In the contrary I would say we are building towards PL. If we were to gain promotion this season then new PL signings would occur OldGull
  • Score: 7

7:17am Mon 25 Aug 14

Neville says...

Old gull
Don't agree with your view on this one.Holla looks a useful signing but def not premiership and Cokuna has been on the bench for some fifty matches during his career. Stockdale good but from a relegated team and Bennett is on loan.
Solly March looks like he is on his way and of the young players,all doing ok but none PL class in my view. Come the end of season it will another rebuild.
TB s original plan was to be in PL within 5years.
With the financial issues currently going on do you honestly believe quality PL signings will happen.?
Old gull Don't agree with your view on this one.Holla looks a useful signing but def not premiership and Cokuna has been on the bench for some fifty matches during his career. Stockdale good but from a relegated team and Bennett is on loan. Solly March looks like he is on his way and of the young players,all doing ok but none PL class in my view. Come the end of season it will another rebuild. TB s original plan was to be in PL within 5years. With the financial issues currently going on do you honestly believe quality PL signings will happen.? Neville
  • Score: -3

7:19am Mon 25 Aug 14

Neville says...

Old gull
Don't agree with your view on this one.Holla looks a useful signing but def not premiership and Cokuna has been on the bench for some fifty matches during his career. Stockdale good but from a relegated team and Bennett is on loan.
Solly March looks like he is on his way and of the young players,all doing ok but none PL class in my view. Come the end of season it will another rebuild.
TB s original plan was to be in PL within 5years.
With the financial issues currently going on do you honestly believe quality PL signings will happen.?
Old gull Don't agree with your view on this one.Holla looks a useful signing but def not premiership and Cokuna has been on the bench for some fifty matches during his career. Stockdale good but from a relegated team and Bennett is on loan. Solly March looks like he is on his way and of the young players,all doing ok but none PL class in my view. Come the end of season it will another rebuild. TB s original plan was to be in PL within 5years. With the financial issues currently going on do you honestly believe quality PL signings will happen.? Neville
  • Score: -2

9:06am Mon 25 Aug 14

pannell1 says...

Conelli98 wrote:
This is just a thought and not an opinion but I thought I would share it with you...and I'm sure some of you will comment...

So we are told that Colunga is very much in the CMS mould...does this mean that CMS could be sold this transfer window? The reason I say this is a, he's in the last year of his contract and we may not get a fee for him if decides to move on at the end of it and b, he stayed well behind on the pitch and end of the game to applaud fans!!!
Cms always stays on the pitch at the end to thank the fans
[quote][p][bold]Conelli98[/bold] wrote: This is just a thought and not an opinion but I thought I would share it with you...and I'm sure some of you will comment... So we are told that Colunga is very much in the CMS mould...does this mean that CMS could be sold this transfer window? The reason I say this is a, he's in the last year of his contract and we may not get a fee for him if decides to move on at the end of it and b, he stayed well behind on the pitch and end of the game to applaud fans!!![/p][/quote]Cms always stays on the pitch at the end to thank the fans pannell1
  • Score: 2
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree