GORDON Greer has claimed ageism is rife in football.
The 33-year-old Albion captain has started all five of the matches played by the Seagulls this season in the space of 16 days.
They go to his old club Swindon tonight in the Capital One Cup for the second game of three in a week.
Greer is raring to go if required again by manager Sami Hyypia.
The Scottish international said: “I’m one of the fittest players in the squad.
“Age is no barrier. We talk about racism and stuff in football.
“I think ageism is massive in football.
“People look at older players, that they shouldn’t be out there, but I don’t think age is a barrier as long as you keep yourself fit.
“I’m fit and I’ll keep working hard to keep my place in the team.”
- Fulham defender ruled out of Amex trip
- With Video: March on the way back for Albion
- Your vote, your say - how will Albion get on at Norwich?
- Albion striker on the move again
- Spanish inquisition for Albion boss over Colunga