Swindon Town, Seagulls' opponents in the second round of the Capital One Cup tonight, have five former Albion players on their books as well as assistant manager Luke Williams, the Seagulls’ development coach during the reign of Gus Poyet.
Yaser Kasim scored in Saturday’s 2-0 home win against Crewe which also featured Brazilian-Italian Raphael Branco at the heart of the defence and striker George Barker as a late substitute.
Ryan Harley, meanwhile, is out of favour and Anton Rodgers injured.
Swindon boss Mark Cooper, who welcomes back Australian international midfielder Massimo Luongo from a hamstring injury, said: “I know Yaser’s looking forward to it and one or two others. We’re not too worried what’s gone before, we’re just worried about Tuesday night.
“I think the gap between the Championship and Premier League is huge.
“I think the gap between the Championship and League One is not so huge but we’ll soon find out.”
- Hyypia thanks Albion fans after resigning
- Bloom: Hyypia quit for the good of the team and the club
- Sherwood the early favourite for Albion vacancy
- Video: Chief sports reporter Andy Naylor gives his view on Sami Hyypia's resignation
- Sami steps down - reaction to Hyypia's resignation