Albion are about to make Aston Villa's midfield prospect Gary Gardner their TENTH signing of the summer.
Gardner, 22 is joining the Seagulls on loan until January 1.
He will link up at the Amex with Villa team-mate and left-back Joe Bennett, who has been borrowed from the West Midlands club for the season.
Gardner scored at the Amex in a previous loan spell with Coventry in November 2011.
He has also been loaned out to Sheffield Wednesday and signed a new two-year deal with Villa in the summer.
Albion are also still likely to sign another striker before the transfer window shuts next Monday night and they are battling with Hull to land Cork City's highly-rated young right-back Brian Lenihan for the development squad.
- Revealed: How Albion top the earnings in Championship TV league
- How Southgate went from dodging concrete pillars in a Crawley car park to managing England at Wembley
- On-loan Hunt is toughening up for Albion return
- Albion the TV money kings of the Championship
- Barber welcomes Albion's high profile as 17th game is picked for TV