Albion are about to make Aston Villa's midfield prospect Gary Gardner their TENTH signing of the summer.
Gardner, 22 is joining the Seagulls on loan until January 1.
He will link up at the Amex with Villa team-mate and left-back Joe Bennett, who has been borrowed from the West Midlands club for the season.
Gardner scored at the Amex in a previous loan spell with Coventry in November 2011.
He has also been loaned out to Sheffield Wednesday and signed a new two-year deal with Villa in the summer.
Albion are also still likely to sign another striker before the transfer window shuts next Monday night and they are battling with Hull to land Cork City's highly-rated young right-back Brian Lenihan for the development squad.
- Barber hails 'brilliant' team effort as Kayal deal moves closer
- Kayal deal moves step closer as Albion secure FA backing
- All you need to know about the unique signing for Albion of Beram Kayal
- Albion faced competition from Bolton to sign Kayal
- Best vows to repay Hughton's faith