Albion have been urged to give Sam Baldock the right support – and watch him plunder goals.
The former West Ham and MK Dons striker signed for the Seagulls on a four-year deal yesterday.
He was top scorer in League One with Bristol City last season.
And his former MK Dons colleague Alan Navarro believes he knows how to get the best out of the 25-year-old.
The ex-Albion midfielder told The Argus: “Sam’s very quick. He will play off the shoulder of the defender and he will score you goals.
“He’s very down to earth and will be a good signing if they don’t try to play him as a lone striker.
“He needs to play off somebody. Then he will get you goals.
“He’s a natural goalscorer.”
Navarro recalls Baldock as a youngster making the breakthrough in Milton Keynes.
He added: “He really got his chance when Roberto di Matteo was manager and he worked really well up front with Aaron Wilbraham.
“That kick-started him there.
“He’s a good signing for Brighton.”
- Video: Watch the highlights of Albion's 3-3 thriller at Norwich
- Albion boss wants to sort out spot kick duties
- Video: Watch the highlights as Crawley hit back from two goals down to secure a draw
- Beer admits "kick up the backside" helped him to new Sussex deal
- Whitehawk to host Bognor in Senior Cup