Crawley have signed former Portsmouth and Reading goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown on a short term deal.
Ashdown, 33, will be with the Reds until December.
He was let go in the summer by Leeds, for whom he played in eight cup ties last season but did not feature in the Championship.
He was on Pompey’s books for eight years, eventually making 108 league starts having spent much of his time at Fratton Park as understudy to David James.
- Albion Analysis: Striker search will define summer business
- Albion ready to fight to keep top assets
- Pep talk from skipper inspired Sussex fightback against Middlesex
- Sussex withstand Stirling onslaught to ease to victory against Middlesex
- Chris Adams column: Roy proves you must give players freedom