Albion have handed striker Adrian Colunga his Championship debut – in place of right-back Inigo Calderon.
But Sam Baldock must wait for his chance to impress.
Colunga starts at home to Charlton as the only change to the side which kicked off last Saturday’s 2-1 success over Bolton.
He will be asked to combine with Joao Teixeira and Craig Mackail-Smith in attack.
Andrew Crofts is likely to play in a deeper role than last week.
And Bruno, who was man-of-the-match in midfield against the Trotters, reverts to right-back with Calderon making way.
Recent signings Baldock and Gary Gardner start on the bench.
They are joined by Kazenga LuaLua, who has recovered from the ankle injury he suffered at Swindon on Tuesday.
Such are the options now available to Sami Hyypia, three of his summer additions - Paddy McCourt, Chris O’Grady and Nzuzi Toko - are not in the 18.
Albion: Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bennett; Holla, Forster-Caskey, Crofts; Teixeira, Mackail-Smith, Colunga. Subs: Ankergren, Hughes, Baldock, Gardner, LuaLua, Calderon, Ince.
- Kayal deal moves step closer as Albion secure FA backing
- All you need to know about the unique signing for Albion of Beram Kayal
- Albion faced competition from Bolton to sign Kayal
- Best vows to repay Hughton's faith
- Saunders laments 'big' decision after another away loss