Lewis Dunk scored twice to salvage to dramatic point for Albion today.
The centre-back marked the 50th league start of his career with his first league goals to grab a 2-2 draw with Charlton.
He headed home on 67 minutes from a Danny Holla corner for the first leveller.
Then he rose to nod in Kazenga LuaLua’s chipped cross deep in added time.
Albion had plenty of possession and a handful of chances, the best of them wasted by the otherwise impressive Adrian Colunga in the first half.
But for a long time it seemed they would be sunk by Charlton’s new sensation Igor Vetokele.
The Angolan international striker drilled into the bottom corner from the edge of the box on three minutes.
And he produced a superb near-post finish on 74 minutes to restore the lead after Dunk’s first strike.
Sam Baldock went off the bench in the second half for his debut as Albion chased a third successive league win.
In the end, though, their fans celebrated a point as they head into the international break.
- With Video: Tex message for Bolton, watch out for this kid
- Hughton aims for best run yet
- Hughton assesses out-of-contract players
- Teixeira eyes Albion return if door is closed at Anfield
- BIG FIGHT NIGHT: Eubank Jr must be wary of the wolf in sheep's clothing