Stockdale admits he said sorry after Charlton's first goal

David Stockdale attracts plenty of Charlton attention as he goes forward for the final corner

David Stockdale attracts plenty of Charlton attention as he goes forward for the final corner

First published in Sport
Last updated
by

David Stockdale has revealed he apologised to team mates after Albion went 1-0 down today.

But he felt the Seagulls were well worth the 2-2 draw they eventually grabbed at the death as he charged into the Charlton goalmouth at a corner.

Stockdale told colleagues he was slightly wrong-footed when Igor Vetokele scored his first goal.

He revealed he was unsighted so took a step to his left anticipating a shot and could then not get back quickly enough to his right.

The Albion keeper said: “I said sorry to the lads and the management but they said it wasn’t my fault.

“The pleasing thing is we kept fighting until the end, we played until the end.”

Stockdale said Vetokele’s second goal was not as cleanly struck as the first but the ball bounced up off the ground and over the keeper's leg before it went in off the post.

He said: “We were comfortable for most of the game but they caught us on the break twice.”

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:46pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Singing Seagull, Indonesia says...

Good guy. Not slow to say sorry (again) if he thinks he made a mistake. I haven't seen it yet so can't really comment, but no blame was aimed at him from the commentary team.

UTA!!
Good guy. Not slow to say sorry (again) if he thinks he made a mistake. I haven't seen it yet so can't really comment, but no blame was aimed at him from the commentary team. UTA!! Singing Seagull, Indonesia
  • Score: 12

6:47pm Sat 30 Aug 14

AGT999 says...

I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.
I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save. AGT999
  • Score: 35

6:56pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Kit Napier's Beard says...

AGT999 wrote:
I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.
Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.
[quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.[/p][/quote]Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one. Kit Napier's Beard
  • Score: 13

7:03pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Tony the tiger eastbourne says...

Kit Napier's Beard wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.
Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.
TK had his faults too, the reason stockdale hasn't had a meaningful save is because the defence has done its job well and not expose Stockdale. I thought Dunk was magnificent today,and Greer has been playing well too. Bennett has settled in welk at keft back, si no complaints about our defence or midfield. And I think with 2 or 3 more games the forwards would have settled in well too.
[quote][p][bold]Kit Napier's Beard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.[/p][/quote]Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.[/p][/quote]TK had his faults too, the reason stockdale hasn't had a meaningful save is because the defence has done its job well and not expose Stockdale. I thought Dunk was magnificent today,and Greer has been playing well too. Bennett has settled in welk at keft back, si no complaints about our defence or midfield. And I think with 2 or 3 more games the forwards would have settled in well too. Tony the tiger eastbourne
  • Score: 36

7:17pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Robertostarlight says...

Tony the tiger eastbourne wrote:
Kit Napier's Beard wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.
Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.
TK had his faults too, the reason stockdale hasn't had a meaningful save is because the defence has done its job well and not expose Stockdale. I thought Dunk was magnificent today,and Greer has been playing well too. Bennett has settled in welk at keft back, si no complaints about our defence or midfield. And I think with 2 or 3 more games the forwards would have settled in well too.
No, the reason he has not made a meaningful save is that he was today too slow to get down for what was a pretty weak effort. He is right to apologise. Two shots on target today and two goals. Hmmm?

I too have my reservations about him. He talks (constantly) and walks about the field a lot. Someone ought to tell him however that his priority is to stop the ball when it comes in his direction.

Even the second goal a really good goalkeeper might have got to if he had stood up BIG and anticipated the forward beating our man. Their keeper did exactly that just after they scored and made a great save. It can be done!!

Worrying.
[quote][p][bold]Tony the tiger eastbourne[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kit Napier's Beard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.[/p][/quote]Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.[/p][/quote]TK had his faults too, the reason stockdale hasn't had a meaningful save is because the defence has done its job well and not expose Stockdale. I thought Dunk was magnificent today,and Greer has been playing well too. Bennett has settled in welk at keft back, si no complaints about our defence or midfield. And I think with 2 or 3 more games the forwards would have settled in well too.[/p][/quote]No, the reason he has not made a meaningful save is that he was today too slow to get down for what was a pretty weak effort. He is right to apologise. Two shots on target today and two goals. Hmmm? I too have my reservations about him. He talks (constantly) and walks about the field a lot. Someone ought to tell him however that his priority is to stop the ball when it comes in his direction. Even the second goal a really good goalkeeper might have got to if he had stood up BIG and anticipated the forward beating our man. Their keeper did exactly that just after they scored and made a great save. It can be done!! Worrying. Robertostarlight
  • Score: 5

7:27pm Sat 30 Aug 14

objective view says...

AGT999 wrote:
I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.
Exactly what I was saying afer the game, I like how he comes off his line but not witnessed any good saves yet!
[quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.[/p][/quote]Exactly what I was saying afer the game, I like how he comes off his line but not witnessed any good saves yet! objective view
  • Score: 8

7:28pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Dolph Ins says...

Robertostarlight wrote:
Tony the tiger eastbourne wrote:
Kit Napier's Beard wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.
Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.
TK had his faults too, the reason stockdale hasn't had a meaningful save is because the defence has done its job well and not expose Stockdale. I thought Dunk was magnificent today,and Greer has been playing well too. Bennett has settled in welk at keft back, si no complaints about our defence or midfield. And I think with 2 or 3 more games the forwards would have settled in well too.
No, the reason he has not made a meaningful save is that he was today too slow to get down for what was a pretty weak effort. He is right to apologise. Two shots on target today and two goals. Hmmm?

I too have my reservations about him. He talks (constantly) and walks about the field a lot. Someone ought to tell him however that his priority is to stop the ball when it comes in his direction.

Even the second goal a really good goalkeeper might have got to if he had stood up BIG and anticipated the forward beating our man. Their keeper did exactly that just after they scored and made a great save. It can be done!!

Worrying.
What an **** you are. Stockdale did not waste a pass out where as PIG lost the ball every time he had to pass out. So 1 save is worth 10 good distributions?
[quote][p][bold]Robertostarlight[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tony the tiger eastbourne[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kit Napier's Beard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.[/p][/quote]Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.[/p][/quote]TK had his faults too, the reason stockdale hasn't had a meaningful save is because the defence has done its job well and not expose Stockdale. I thought Dunk was magnificent today,and Greer has been playing well too. Bennett has settled in welk at keft back, si no complaints about our defence or midfield. And I think with 2 or 3 more games the forwards would have settled in well too.[/p][/quote]No, the reason he has not made a meaningful save is that he was today too slow to get down for what was a pretty weak effort. He is right to apologise. Two shots on target today and two goals. Hmmm? I too have my reservations about him. He talks (constantly) and walks about the field a lot. Someone ought to tell him however that his priority is to stop the ball when it comes in his direction. Even the second goal a really good goalkeeper might have got to if he had stood up BIG and anticipated the forward beating our man. Their keeper did exactly that just after they scored and made a great save. It can be done!! Worrying.[/p][/quote]What an **** you are. Stockdale did not waste a pass out where as PIG lost the ball every time he had to pass out. So 1 save is worth 10 good distributions? Dolph Ins
  • Score: 1

7:40pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Falmer Wizard says...

I made it quite clear that I did not think we should have let Tomas go however I do not blame Stockdale for almost giving three points away at home,Our team is not so strong as the past two seasons however we should be able to keep above the relegation area.If we can field an attacking ,entertaining side at home the majority of supporters will continue to attend,we can then field a very defensive side away giving us a chance to pick up the odd point.
I made it quite clear that I did not think we should have let Tomas go however I do not blame Stockdale for almost giving three points away at home,Our team is not so strong as the past two seasons however we should be able to keep above the relegation area.If we can field an attacking ,entertaining side at home the majority of supporters will continue to attend,we can then field a very defensive side away giving us a chance to pick up the odd point. Falmer Wizard
  • Score: -37

7:53pm Sat 30 Aug 14

The Phantom says...

Hoping it is just an anomaly that we have not seen Stockdale make a save yet. Do think the set up of the side leaves us a little more vulnerable than in recent seasons where we were invariably playing with a couple of very defensive midfield players thus giving the back four great protection. However I would much sooner take the entertaining football we are playing now than the tiresome negativity of last season even if it does mean we end up conceding a few more goals. Fair result in the end today and Charlton probably the best team we have played to date. Remain optimistic going into the international break.
Hoping it is just an anomaly that we have not seen Stockdale make a save yet. Do think the set up of the side leaves us a little more vulnerable than in recent seasons where we were invariably playing with a couple of very defensive midfield players thus giving the back four great protection. However I would much sooner take the entertaining football we are playing now than the tiresome negativity of last season even if it does mean we end up conceding a few more goals. Fair result in the end today and Charlton probably the best team we have played to date. Remain optimistic going into the international break. The Phantom
  • Score: 10

8:08pm Sat 30 Aug 14

bbb1969 says...

Ball has hardly got to the area and I hope he never has to make a save. Shots have been fired in but not on target so no need to save them. He will have to make a few saves but really cant blame him fully for any of the goals against us today or in previous games. If people want to get on his back and knock his confidence then fine cos we always have Ank. And stop going on about Kuz; he was greedy and thought he was pl quality only.... Where is he by the way?
Ball has hardly got to the area and I hope he never has to make a save. Shots have been fired in but not on target so no need to save them. He will have to make a few saves but really cant blame him fully for any of the goals against us today or in previous games. If people want to get on his back and knock his confidence then fine cos we always have Ank. And stop going on about Kuz; he was greedy and thought he was pl quality only.... Where is he by the way? bbb1969
  • Score: 26

8:43pm Sat 30 Aug 14

mark5 says...

Robertostarlight wrote:
Tony the tiger eastbourne wrote:
Kit Napier's Beard wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.
Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.
TK had his faults too, the reason stockdale hasn't had a meaningful save is because the defence has done its job well and not expose Stockdale. I thought Dunk was magnificent today,and Greer has been playing well too. Bennett has settled in welk at keft back, si no complaints about our defence or midfield. And I think with 2 or 3 more games the forwards would have settled in well too.
No, the reason he has not made a meaningful save is that he was today too slow to get down for what was a pretty weak effort. He is right to apologise. Two shots on target today and two goals. Hmmm?

I too have my reservations about him. He talks (constantly) and walks about the field a lot. Someone ought to tell him however that his priority is to stop the ball when it comes in his direction.

Even the second goal a really good goalkeeper might have got to if he had stood up BIG and anticipated the forward beating our man. Their keeper did exactly that just after they scored and made a great save. It can be done!!

Worrying.
Agree completely. I thought that I was the only person to see his shortcomings as everyone seems to like him around me! For me, he is never correctly positioned and does not command the box like Kuszak did and yes, he has a pretty solid defence in front of him too. He has had very little to do from what I have seen, but what he has done is let 4 goals in so far at home already. His kicking is better than the Big Pole for sure, but goalkeepers are there to prevent goals. I wonder if his lack of previous game time has made him rusty, either way, it would not surprise me if Casper gets a run out soon..............
[quote][p][bold]Robertostarlight[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tony the tiger eastbourne[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kit Napier's Beard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.[/p][/quote]Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.[/p][/quote]TK had his faults too, the reason stockdale hasn't had a meaningful save is because the defence has done its job well and not expose Stockdale. I thought Dunk was magnificent today,and Greer has been playing well too. Bennett has settled in welk at keft back, si no complaints about our defence or midfield. And I think with 2 or 3 more games the forwards would have settled in well too.[/p][/quote]No, the reason he has not made a meaningful save is that he was today too slow to get down for what was a pretty weak effort. He is right to apologise. Two shots on target today and two goals. Hmmm? I too have my reservations about him. He talks (constantly) and walks about the field a lot. Someone ought to tell him however that his priority is to stop the ball when it comes in his direction. Even the second goal a really good goalkeeper might have got to if he had stood up BIG and anticipated the forward beating our man. Their keeper did exactly that just after they scored and made a great save. It can be done!! Worrying.[/p][/quote]Agree completely. I thought that I was the only person to see his shortcomings as everyone seems to like him around me! For me, he is never correctly positioned and does not command the box like Kuszak did and yes, he has a pretty solid defence in front of him too. He has had very little to do from what I have seen, but what he has done is let 4 goals in so far at home already. His kicking is better than the Big Pole for sure, but goalkeepers are there to prevent goals. I wonder if his lack of previous game time has made him rusty, either way, it would not surprise me if Casper gets a run out soon.............. mark5
  • Score: -11

9:10pm Sat 30 Aug 14

sussexram40 says...

So far I don't rate this Stockdale.
So far I don't rate this Stockdale. sussexram40
  • Score: -26

9:20pm Sat 30 Aug 14

namgo49 says...

Decent guy struggling with the burden of a big transfer fee. Adam Virgo did not agree with my thoughts text in to Radio Sussex but the fact is he is a weak link at the moment. He is there to stop goals and he ain't. Nothing personal but if Tomasc is doing nothing then someone should just think about his skills at his job and ring him by Monday evening.
Decent guy struggling with the burden of a big transfer fee. Adam Virgo did not agree with my thoughts text in to Radio Sussex but the fact is he is a weak link at the moment. He is there to stop goals and he ain't. Nothing personal but if Tomasc is doing nothing then someone should just think about his skills at his job and ring him by Monday evening. namgo49
  • Score: -31

9:24pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Albion In Staffs says...

We've signed a keeper who was in the England squad not so long ago. He'll be fine. instant reactions don't help anyone. He's been playing behind Fulham's back four in recent times, can't have been easy!
We've signed a keeper who was in the England squad not so long ago. He'll be fine. instant reactions don't help anyone. He's been playing behind Fulham's back four in recent times, can't have been easy! Albion In Staffs
  • Score: 13

9:26pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Cliify0002 says...

Stockdale is beginning to worry a lot of people , to be honest I've seen all the games this year, he's not the player I was led to believe, , maybe he will improve but I've seen a few goals our past keeper would have stopped. He is turning out to be the weak link.you just can't be sure he's going to stop anything
Stockdale is beginning to worry a lot of people , to be honest I've seen all the games this year, he's not the player I was led to believe, , maybe he will improve but I've seen a few goals our past keeper would have stopped. He is turning out to be the weak link.you just can't be sure he's going to stop anything Cliify0002
  • Score: -21

9:37pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Max Ripple says...

Cliify0002 wrote:
Stockdale is beginning to worry a lot of people , to be honest I've seen all the games this year, he's not the player I was led to believe, , maybe he will improve but I've seen a few goals our past keeper would have stopped. He is turning out to be the weak link.you just can't be sure he's going to stop anything
Hi guys. No I have to disagree here. The reason he hasn't made a any meaningful save is because HE HASN'T HAD TO! Our defence has been very solid on the whole - look at Dunk, Holla and Greer today. Greer was giving some lovely touches of the ball that one bloke behind me said it was like watching Brazil on a good day. Come on Gordinho Greer!
Stockdale has been going about his business quietly and efficiently. Ok he blundered a bit on the first goal but the second was whipped in on the turn, bounced down then up before creeping in off the post.
I don't believe we've seen the best of him yet. Time will tell.
[quote][p][bold]Cliify0002[/bold] wrote: Stockdale is beginning to worry a lot of people , to be honest I've seen all the games this year, he's not the player I was led to believe, , maybe he will improve but I've seen a few goals our past keeper would have stopped. He is turning out to be the weak link.you just can't be sure he's going to stop anything[/p][/quote]Hi guys. No I have to disagree here. The reason he hasn't made a any meaningful save is because HE HASN'T HAD TO! Our defence has been very solid on the whole - look at Dunk, Holla and Greer today. Greer was giving some lovely touches of the ball that one bloke behind me said it was like watching Brazil on a good day. Come on Gordinho Greer! Stockdale has been going about his business quietly and efficiently. Ok he blundered a bit on the first goal but the second was whipped in on the turn, bounced down then up before creeping in off the post. I don't believe we've seen the best of him yet. Time will tell. Max Ripple
  • Score: 19

10:31pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Rougvie Legend says...

Surely by definition if he hasn't had to make many saves max then his shots to save ratio must be poor if he has let four in at home already , he may have good distribution but I would rather it was poor but he kept a clean sheet
Surely by definition if he hasn't had to make many saves max then his shots to save ratio must be poor if he has let four in at home already , he may have good distribution but I would rather it was poor but he kept a clean sheet Rougvie Legend
  • Score: 5

10:55pm Sat 30 Aug 14

stevebh says...

mark5 wrote:
Robertostarlight wrote:
Tony the tiger eastbourne wrote:
Kit Napier's Beard wrote:
AGT999 wrote:
I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.
Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.
TK had his faults too, the reason stockdale hasn't had a meaningful save is because the defence has done its job well and not expose Stockdale. I thought Dunk was magnificent today,and Greer has been playing well too. Bennett has settled in welk at keft back, si no complaints about our defence or midfield. And I think with 2 or 3 more games the forwards would have settled in well too.
No, the reason he has not made a meaningful save is that he was today too slow to get down for what was a pretty weak effort. He is right to apologise. Two shots on target today and two goals. Hmmm?

I too have my reservations about him. He talks (constantly) and walks about the field a lot. Someone ought to tell him however that his priority is to stop the ball when it comes in his direction.

Even the second goal a really good goalkeeper might have got to if he had stood up BIG and anticipated the forward beating our man. Their keeper did exactly that just after they scored and made a great save. It can be done!!

Worrying.
Agree completely. I thought that I was the only person to see his shortcomings as everyone seems to like him around me! For me, he is never correctly positioned and does not command the box like Kuszak did and yes, he has a pretty solid defence in front of him too. He has had very little to do from what I have seen, but what he has done is let 4 goals in so far at home already. His kicking is better than the Big Pole for sure, but goalkeepers are there to prevent goals. I wonder if his lack of previous game time has made him rusty, either way, it would not surprise me if Casper gets a run out soon..............
Hes not that bad that we have to play Casper!!!
Why isn't Walton on the bench ?
I though today we played some great football and holla keeps getting better and better....would have liked to have seen baldock on for colunga tho....
[quote][p][bold]mark5[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Robertostarlight[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tony the tiger eastbourne[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kit Napier's Beard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AGT999[/bold] wrote: I am getting a bit concerned about Stockdale, I have seen him play 4 times now and I've yet to see him make a meaningful save.[/p][/quote]Agree, feel that TK at his best would have saved the first one.[/p][/quote]TK had his faults too, the reason stockdale hasn't had a meaningful save is because the defence has done its job well and not expose Stockdale. I thought Dunk was magnificent today,and Greer has been playing well too. Bennett has settled in welk at keft back, si no complaints about our defence or midfield. And I think with 2 or 3 more games the forwards would have settled in well too.[/p][/quote]No, the reason he has not made a meaningful save is that he was today too slow to get down for what was a pretty weak effort. He is right to apologise. Two shots on target today and two goals. Hmmm? I too have my reservations about him. He talks (constantly) and walks about the field a lot. Someone ought to tell him however that his priority is to stop the ball when it comes in his direction. Even the second goal a really good goalkeeper might have got to if he had stood up BIG and anticipated the forward beating our man. Their keeper did exactly that just after they scored and made a great save. It can be done!! Worrying.[/p][/quote]Agree completely. I thought that I was the only person to see his shortcomings as everyone seems to like him around me! For me, he is never correctly positioned and does not command the box like Kuszak did and yes, he has a pretty solid defence in front of him too. He has had very little to do from what I have seen, but what he has done is let 4 goals in so far at home already. His kicking is better than the Big Pole for sure, but goalkeepers are there to prevent goals. I wonder if his lack of previous game time has made him rusty, either way, it would not surprise me if Casper gets a run out soon..............[/p][/quote]Hes not that bad that we have to play Casper!!! Why isn't Walton on the bench ? I though today we played some great football and holla keeps getting better and better....would have liked to have seen baldock on for colunga tho.... stevebh
  • Score: 4

10:57pm Sat 30 Aug 14

daveyboy35 says...

Stop saying sorry and do your job properly!!!
Stop saying sorry and do your job properly!!! daveyboy35
  • Score: -18

1:21am Sun 31 Aug 14

Eddy B says...

Agree with everyone, not such a good keeper as TK on evidence to date (although may have been just unlucky that he hasn't had much chance with the goals against), but much better with his feet (TK was hopeless) and liked him causing problems up front for that injury time corner today too!
Agree with everyone, not such a good keeper as TK on evidence to date (although may have been just unlucky that he hasn't had much chance with the goals against), but much better with his feet (TK was hopeless) and liked him causing problems up front for that injury time corner today too! Eddy B
  • Score: 8

7:00am Sun 31 Aug 14

Max Ripple says...

Rougvie Legend wrote:
Surely by definition if he hasn't had to make many saves max then his shots to save ratio must be poor if he has let four in at home already , he may have good distribution but I would rather it was poor but he kept a clean sheet
Morning Doug. Not necessarily IMHO. The few shots that have got through our defence have been the best ones on the day. Lots have been blocked by our defence before they get to him. Many of those shots might have got through before and been the ones that TK might have got to and made look good saves. TK was always busier last season. Just my opinion.
[quote][p][bold]Rougvie Legend[/bold] wrote: Surely by definition if he hasn't had to make many saves max then his shots to save ratio must be poor if he has let four in at home already , he may have good distribution but I would rather it was poor but he kept a clean sheet[/p][/quote]Morning Doug. Not necessarily IMHO. The few shots that have got through our defence have been the best ones on the day. Lots have been blocked by our defence before they get to him. Many of those shots might have got through before and been the ones that TK might have got to and made look good saves. TK was always busier last season. Just my opinion. Max Ripple
  • Score: 2

7:01am Sun 31 Aug 14

namgo49 says...

Hope we have not see the last of CMS following his substitution yesterday. Rumours around he is leaving to cut the wage bill. He is the best striker we have in the system we now play and we all know he can score goals at this level unlike Colunga and Baldock, who remain unknown quantities. Shame his effort at the start of the 2nd half just went wide of the post .
Hope we have not see the last of CMS following his substitution yesterday. Rumours around he is leaving to cut the wage bill. He is the best striker we have in the system we now play and we all know he can score goals at this level unlike Colunga and Baldock, who remain unknown quantities. Shame his effort at the start of the 2nd half just went wide of the post . namgo49
  • Score: -15

8:20am Sun 31 Aug 14

Rougvie Legend says...

Max Ripple wrote:
Rougvie Legend wrote:
Surely by definition if he hasn't had to make many saves max then his shots to save ratio must be poor if he has let four in at home already , he may have good distribution but I would rather it was poor but he kept a clean sheet
Morning Doug. Not necessarily IMHO. The few shots that have got through our defence have been the best ones on the day. Lots have been blocked by our defence before they get to him. Many of those shots might have got through before and been the ones that TK might have got to and made look good saves. TK was always busier last season. Just my opinion.
Yeah that's exactly what I've said he hasn't had many saves to make but has let the ones he has had in, in your reply you say the same
[quote][p][bold]Max Ripple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rougvie Legend[/bold] wrote: Surely by definition if he hasn't had to make many saves max then his shots to save ratio must be poor if he has let four in at home already , he may have good distribution but I would rather it was poor but he kept a clean sheet[/p][/quote]Morning Doug. Not necessarily IMHO. The few shots that have got through our defence have been the best ones on the day. Lots have been blocked by our defence before they get to him. Many of those shots might have got through before and been the ones that TK might have got to and made look good saves. TK was always busier last season. Just my opinion.[/p][/quote]Yeah that's exactly what I've said he hasn't had many saves to make but has let the ones he has had in, in your reply you say the same Rougvie Legend
  • Score: -7

10:18am Sun 31 Aug 14

DougRouvie says...

Always something to moan about ay. He like the others is finding his feet, I have no worries about Stockdale, What so ever!!!
Always something to moan about ay. He like the others is finding his feet, I have no worries about Stockdale, What so ever!!! DougRouvie
  • Score: 3

10:18am Sun 31 Aug 14

pjwilk says...

He should change that No 13 shirt.its obviously unlucky for him.
He should change that No 13 shirt.its obviously unlucky for him. pjwilk
  • Score: 1

10:32am Sun 31 Aug 14

GosportGull says...

He is not filling me with confidence , im just not sure yet. We had one of the best keepers ever at our club in TK ,a born shot stopper ... Stockdale leaves me feeling edgy.. His distribution is good , no worries there , but that doesn't save games... And what is with all the wandering around all over the pitch ? A better player seeing him WAY out of his area will expose him with a long shot over the top .. Edge of the box will do Stocky , stop giving us kittens !
He is not filling me with confidence , im just not sure yet. We had one of the best keepers ever at our club in TK ,a born shot stopper ... Stockdale leaves me feeling edgy.. His distribution is good , no worries there , but that doesn't save games... And what is with all the wandering around all over the pitch ? A better player seeing him WAY out of his area will expose him with a long shot over the top .. Edge of the box will do Stocky , stop giving us kittens ! GosportGull
  • Score: 9

10:39am Sun 31 Aug 14

ringtone says...

Don't worry Dave, no keeper on the planet could have kept out that first charlton goal,lol.

We need a new scapegoat now that Dunkie is finally earning his keep.
Don't worry Dave, no keeper on the planet could have kept out that first charlton goal,lol. We need a new scapegoat now that Dunkie is finally earning his keep. ringtone
  • Score: 6

11:46am Sun 31 Aug 14

FFPgull says...

Stockdale has worried me a number of times already this season since the sheff weds goal on opening day. Ok he's apologised but that could and should have been 3 points yesterday, just hope he doesn't keep needing to say sorry. A fulham supporter I work with said they rated him good shot stopper but his positioning let's him down too often.
Stockdale has worried me a number of times already this season since the sheff weds goal on opening day. Ok he's apologised but that could and should have been 3 points yesterday, just hope he doesn't keep needing to say sorry. A fulham supporter I work with said they rated him good shot stopper but his positioning let's him down too often. FFPgull
  • Score: 3

11:58am Sun 31 Aug 14

Aldrington Halt says...

Struth, now that we've signed some decent players you guys are like a bunch of old ladies looking for something else to moan about.. Give the lad a chance to prove himself before sharpening the knives, no he's not TK so get over it and be patient.. UTA
Struth, now that we've signed some decent players you guys are like a bunch of old ladies looking for something else to moan about.. Give the lad a chance to prove himself before sharpening the knives, no he's not TK so get over it and be patient.. UTA Aldrington Halt
  • Score: 6

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree