Charlton boss Bob Peeters has admitted a draw might have been a fair result at the Amex.
But he was “devastated” to see Albion grab a point in added time.
Asked if the 2-2 draw was the right result on the balance of play, he said: “I’m not bothered about the right result.
“I think at the end you want to get the three points when you are close.
“Sami Hyypia plays his game and we play our game and I think our gameplan worked well.
“It is devastating that you concede a late goal but maybe the result was right.
“But when you get so close you want the three points.”
- Hughton rues 'missed opportunity' for Albion
- Cardiff City 0 Albion 0: How we reported the action from the Cardiff City Stadium
- Murphy's Law for Albion, no moaning if you do not make the starting X1
- Albion star Stephens reveals turning point moment in Cardiff
- Albion Nostalgia: Zamora earns a point - and there's a familiar face in the dugout