Charlton boss Bob Peeters has admitted a draw might have been a fair result at the Amex.
But he was “devastated” to see Albion grab a point in added time.
Asked if the 2-2 draw was the right result on the balance of play, he said: “I’m not bothered about the right result.
“I think at the end you want to get the three points when you are close.
“Sami Hyypia plays his game and we play our game and I think our gameplan worked well.
“It is devastating that you concede a late goal but maybe the result was right.
“But when you get so close you want the three points.”
- Show me what you can do! Hyypia plans more changes in cup tie
- Albion to field Paddy - but for how long
- Paddy McCourt can make impact for Albion
- Sam Baldock: Albion won't take it for granted
- McCourt on course for Cup clash