Charlton boss Bob Peeters has admitted a draw might have been a fair result at the Amex.
But he was “devastated” to see Albion grab a point in added time.
Asked if the 2-2 draw was the right result on the balance of play, he said: “I’m not bothered about the right result.
“I think at the end you want to get the three points when you are close.
“Sami Hyypia plays his game and we play our game and I think our gameplan worked well.
“It is devastating that you concede a late goal but maybe the result was right.
“But when you get so close you want the three points.”
- Greer admits he wouldn't have blamed fans for booing Albion
- Machan cuts loose on opening morning at Hove
- Mason relishes battle to be top man for Eagles
- Sussex ordered to be more ruthless
- Hughton rues costly Albion defeat