Albion could be heading for a reunion with Oscar Garcia.
The former Seagulls head coach is wanted by Watford and Leeds.
Both have been in touch with the former Barcelona player, who recently cut short his second stint at Maccabi Tel Aviv.
However The Argus has been told Oscar is leaning towards Watford, who are currently second in the Championship, as he assesses his options.
Oscar and his family would be happy to move to the London area.
The Hornets have won four of their first five Championship games this term and former Albion loanee Keith Andrews netted in the 4-2 success over Huddersfield on Saturday.
Albion go to Vicarage Road on October 4.
- Albion fans urged to pump up the volume for title push
- Langford to referee Albion on their big day
- Keep off! Albion issue warning as FA quiz club over pitch invasion
- "You couldn't hear anything but boos". Twenty years on from the last game at the Goldstone Steve Gritt reveals how he went from zero to hero as Albion manager
- Knockaert insists he has nothing to prove in the Premier League