Albion could be heading for a reunion with Oscar Garcia.
The former Seagulls head coach is wanted by Watford and Leeds.
Both have been in touch with the former Barcelona player, who recently cut short his second stint at Maccabi Tel Aviv.
However The Argus has been told Oscar is leaning towards Watford, who are currently second in the Championship, as he assesses his options.
Oscar and his family would be happy to move to the London area.
The Hornets have won four of their first five Championship games this term and former Albion loanee Keith Andrews netted in the 4-2 success over Huddersfield on Saturday.
Albion go to Vicarage Road on October 4.
- Hughton salutes his best Albion win as a triumph of character
- Substitutes strike as Albion topple leaders Derby
- Albion v Derby - from the Amex
- Reds edged out but Saunders is still eyeing great escape
- Albion recall O'Grady and Holla for clash with Derby