Albion could be heading for a reunion with Oscar Garcia.
The former Seagulls head coach is wanted by Watford and Leeds.
Both have been in touch with the former Barcelona player, who recently cut short his second stint at Maccabi Tel Aviv.
However The Argus has been told Oscar is leaning towards Watford, who are currently second in the Championship, as he assesses his options.
Oscar and his family would be happy to move to the London area.
The Hornets have won four of their first five Championship games this term and former Albion loanee Keith Andrews netted in the 4-2 success over Huddersfield on Saturday.
Albion go to Vicarage Road on October 4.
- Carayol leaves door open for permanent deal
- Bloom: Get off Forster-Caskey's back
- Amex in line for more rugby with Champions Cup semi-final
- Hughes assured he has part to play for Northern Ireland as he waits to break record
- Albion's Kayal is on red alert