Oscar Garcia has started his second stint in English football And he appears to have a familiar face alongside him.
The former Albion boss, below, was confirmed as Watford’s new head coach yesterday on a contract believed to run until the end of next season.
Meanwhile, Ruben Martinez, who was Oscar’s goalkeeping coach both at the Amex and Maccabi Tel Aviv, changed his Twitter profile to “we have returned to England Watford FC.”
Oscar takes over with Watford second in the Championship.
He has yet to talk to reporters at Vicarage Road but was also active on social media.
He tweeted: “Today a new challenge begins. I come back to England to help Watford achieve his goals. Thanks for the welcome!”
Oscar kicks off with the schedule he faced with Albion over Christmas last year – away to both Charlton and Blackpool in quick succession. Watford host Albion on October 4.
- Albion star says blame players, not the boss
- Albion step up striker hunt
- Albion midfielder Forster-Caskey bans himself from Twitter
- Albion boss Hyypia does not want assurances about his future
- Gregory believes Reds can still challenge for play-offs